ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The opposite of the true fan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203357)

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 03:45 PM

The opposite of the true fan...

Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're ****ed, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

Scott Pioli knows more about football than everyone on this board COMBINED! TIMES A BILLION!

So just sit back and enjoy the ride.

False Fans are just as bad as True Fans...and they can't use being dumb as an excuse, either. CHILL!

unothadeal 02-28-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539153)

Heard that before.

Sam Hall 02-28-2009 03:48 PM

Also, supporting the new regime to the point of criticizing players who don't deserve it, such as Tony Gonzalez and Trent Green.

Stewie 02-28-2009 03:49 PM

...and thus a religion is born.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 03:50 PM

False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

Shape up you negative nancies.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Is the False Fan.

Anyone who is criticizing what we've done so far to the point where they're saying "oh we're ****ed, Cassel is not a franchise quarterback, we won't win a Super Bowl," is going WAY OVERBOARD.

Scott Pioli knows more about football than everyone on this board COMBINED! TIMES A BILLION!

False Fans are just as bad as True Fans...and they can't use being dumb as an excuse, either. CHILL!

I agree. And I'm definitely not that guy. I've voiced my opinion on it, but I've also said I trust Scott's opinion much more than mine. I'm excited. Matt Cassel is going to be a big upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. A BIG ****ing upgrade. Cassel's accuracy alone makes him ten times the QB Thigpen will be.

MMXcalibur 02-28-2009 03:51 PM

I'm definently excited. We've rebooted (again) and this time it feels a lot more right. No Carl, no Herm, a new attitude....I'm pumped!

Sam Hall 02-28-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539185)
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

DaneMcCloud is the worst of the bunch.

keg in kc 02-28-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unothadeal (Post 5539165)
Heard that before.

Usually right before the GHB kicks in and you wake up with this awful taste in your mouth and this bizarre vaseline-like ring around your anus.

Oh, wait, out loud.

tk13 02-28-2009 03:51 PM

I don't know about that, but some people are gonna be upset because they've pretty much sold out over the last 8 months to Stafford or Sanchez, and in the process of 2 days of FA, that has been wiped out. That's why I said then, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. And I like Stafford a lot, but you don't put your eggs in one basket because then you go nuts when the team goes in a different direction. And then you have moments like today when some very smart people say some very silly things out of frustration.

ChiefRon 02-28-2009 03:52 PM

This is America, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Jilly 02-28-2009 03:53 PM

You know there's always going to be people who can't for the life of them see the good.

Fritz88 02-28-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

That's too much. I'd say times 3424.45

Reaper16 02-28-2009 03:54 PM

This is stupid as ****.

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539185)
False Fans:

Hamas Jenkins
OTWP58
milkman

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5539187)
I agree. And I'm definitely not that guy. I've voiced my opinion on it, but I've also said I trust Scott's opinion much more than mine. I'm excited. Matt Cassel is going to be a big upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. A BIG ****ing upgrade. Cassel's accuracy alone makes him ten times the QB Thigpen will be.

So, we're supposed to give Pioli a free pass on every decision he makes, just because he has some hardware?

You act like he's incapable of making a bad decision.

I have news for you - he's human, and makes mistakes. Ask Amnorix. I'm sure there are numerous decisions Pioli made that made him shake his head.

For the record, and contrary to popular belief, I've NEVER ONCE CLAIMED that I'm smarter than Scott Pioli. NOT ONCE.

However, last I checked, this place is here for people to voice their opinions, positive and negative.

I said in the other thread that while I think the trade is great value, I don't think that Cassel can lead us to the ultimate goal. That doesn't mean I'm not going to support him.

But what I'm not going to do is become a goddamn WPI poster and never question anything this franchise ever does, and act like everything is ****ing rainbows and lollipops.

Flopnuts: I agree, Cassel is a monumental upgrade. But do you think he can lead us to a Lombardi Trophy? Because that's all that matters.