ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Kansas City are chokers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266345)

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:19 AM

Incredible season. Had a blast.

US Open Cup Champions. Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League. Franchise record wins.

They will be right at the top next year bringing it again. This season was a joy even with the tough finish.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89968290_n.jpg

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097818)
They were the best team in the regular season.

This is the equivalent of the 13-3 Chiefs blowing it all twice in the 90s.

Choking bitches.

They were the best team in their conference. If they were the best team in the regular season they would have won the supporters shield. They came in 2nd on points.

swayy07 11-08-2012 10:23 AM

wasn't really a choke job they lost 2-1 on agg because they had a crappy game in Houston, and im not making excuses they missed some wide open shots last night but there where a few questionable calls by the ref inside Houston's box tho. still no excuse should have finished them.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 9098146)
wasn't really a choke job they lost 2-1 on agg because they had a crappy game in Houston, and im not making excuses they missed some wide open shots last night but there where a few questionable calls by the ref inside Houston's box tho. still no excuse should have finished them.

Yup. I was in Houston. That second goal changed everything.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-08-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 9098146)

That was a foul on Chance Myers that should have resulted in a penalty kick. There is no questioning that. The ref swallowed his whistle because he didn't want to be the one to decide the outcome of the game. We're staring at a whole lot of possibilities, were that call actually made.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:32 AM

Robb is already in talks with strikers. This team will be strongly supplemented for next year.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-08-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098165)
Robb is already in talks with strikers. This team will be strongly supplemented for next year.

Absolute music to our(my) ears.

RockChalk 11-08-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098136)
Incredible season. Had a blast.

US Open Cup Champions. Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League. Franchise record wins.

They will be right at the top next year bringing it again. This season was a joy even with the tough finish.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89968290_n.jpg

Is this you? Saw you interviewed by my friend Kristin on pregame last night

Pilsner 11-08-2012 11:38 AM

Can someone explain the two game goal aggregate format to me? Is this type of playoff common around the world? Is there any interest in a non-aggregate based system?

I see both 1 seeded teams lost in their first rounds of play. How much of a homefield advantage is really conferred by the current format?

Titty Meat 11-08-2012 12:48 PM

Is Zach the SKC mascot?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilsner (Post 9098322)
Can someone explain the two game goal aggregate format to me? Is this type of playoff common around the world? Is there any interest in a non-aggregate based system?

I see both 1 seeded teams lost in their first rounds of play. How much of a homefield advantage is really conferred by the current format?

It is common around the world for many tournaments. Though not the only way to go about things. There are also variations of it.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098478)
Is Zach the SKC mascot?

LMAO

Nah just very involved on multiple levels. My studio does marketing photography for the organization I am also very involved the Cauldron...the independent supports group of Sporting Kansas City.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098624)
LMAO

Nah just very involved on multiple levels. My studio does marketing photography for the organization I am also very involved the Cauldron...the independent supports group of Sporting Kansas City.

Do you still consider yourself a Chiefs and Royals fan? Or has the losing drained on you too much?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9098636)
Do you still consider yourself a Chiefs and Royals fan? Or has the losing drained on you too much?

I have never really big that big of Royals fan. I wish them well and go to a lot of games but baseball has never really been my thing.

I grew up with and love the Chiefs. Football is the game I love its what I played...its my sport. I don't know where I am with the Chiefs but my feelings are not only about the Chiefs. I don't really love the direction of the NFL as a whole. It feels kind of lifeless and sanitized to me. Even before the Chiefs started being really shitty I found myself caring less and less about non Chiefs NFL games and that has only grown. Though its not a football thing because I still love NCAA football. On top of that you have how awful the Chiefs have been and how toxic and not fun the atmosphere in the stadium is.

I don't know how to answer your question because I think I am still figuring that out. It is really really hard to reconcile the current tone deaf and failed management of the organization with the childhood mystique of what I want it to be. Being a fan of Sporting has made that contrast so much bigger.

Ceej 11-08-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098478)
Is Zach the SKC mascot?

The Sporting KC Ginger Lumberjacks?