ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Lets talk about the Chargers. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301687)

BossChief 08-22-2016 10:29 PM

LNBS: Lets talk about the Chargers.

Dee Ford haunts their dreams and will need to be in Rivers head early and often if we're gonna come out on top.

Jones, Allen and Benjamin kinda worry me against our young secondary. It's gonna be a good test and they better be ready right away because Rivers is gonna want to get the ball out early.

On offense, I think KC puts up 4tds...we have too much firepower and our OL is gonna control the LOS all day. Flowers is old and seems to have slowed down a bit and won't be able to keep up with our WRs in space. Maclin will outplay Verrett and they will have no answer for our running game.

This roster is just too deep to not take this kind of game over.

Gadzooks 08-22-2016 10:35 PM

Chiefs 0-1

BossChief 08-22-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12381990)
Chiefs 0-1

Tell me how SD beats KC.

Seriously.

Gadzooks 08-22-2016 11:08 PM

I'm tired and want to go to bed.

The only chance the Chiefs have on offense is through the running game. The Chargers front 7 is a bit more stout with Mebane at NT and a developing Perryman but there are still weaknesses as Tennessee showed in Week 1 of the preseason.

To rely on a passing game with Smith at the helm would be foolish. the Chargers secondary looks good and the pass rush is decent. Alex will be too scared to throw the ball when there's an opponent within 10 yards of his target.

When the Chargers have the ball Rivers will be able to dissect the Chiefs defense since Tamba will be hobbled and Houston will be out.
Rivers to Allen
Rivers to Woodhead
Rivers to Henry
Rivers to Oliver
Rivers to Benjamin
Rivers to your ****in' Grandma - It doesn't matter who's there.

SD beats KC by having an actual Quarterback outscore a committee of Running backs who will stall from time to time.

To predict 4 TDs from the Chiefs offense is ridiculous and exposes you for the homer that you are.

Week 1:
Chiefs 0-1

Good night
xoxoxoxo

ModSocks 08-22-2016 11:54 PM

Early buzz is that Flowers looks good again and the addition of Butler gives the chargers a decent corner trio. Their safties are hella suspect though.

Linbackers are young but talented. It's one of those "If they play to their potential" type things. San Diego is buzzing about Denzel Perryman.

Their Dline is suppose to better but i dont see it. They gave up 280 Yard rushing to the titans, and yes, a lot of that was with starters. Mebane is suppose to be their savior and Bosa isn't even in the equation.

Offensively i think the addition of Benjamin is bigger than given credit for. They can also use two TE sets with their rookie 2nd round pick, Hunter. They still won't have shit for a running game though as Melvin Gordon looks the same as last year.

Overall, i think it'll be quite the test. Rivers has weapons to throw to and the D will be a bit more stout. The Chiefs young secondary will be tested early and often.

Why Not? 08-23-2016 12:04 AM

Perhaps an initial goal for the Chargers should be to figure out a way to score more than 3 points against us.

big nasty kcnut 08-23-2016 12:12 AM

gadzooks and buck the only chargers fans i like. **** San Diego.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-23-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12382036)
Perhaps an initial goal for the Chargers should be to figure out a way to score more than 3 points against us.

Thread/

Gazook doesn't even know what a football looks like

Mother****erJones 08-23-2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12382011)

The only chance the Chiefs have on offense is through the running game. The Chargers front 7 is a bit more stout with Mebane at NT and a developing Perryman but there are still weaknesses as Tennessee showed in Week 1 of the preseason.

To rely on a passing game with Smith at the helm would be foolish. the Chargers secondary looks good and the pass rush is decent. Alex will be too scared to throw the ball when there's an opponent within 10 yards of his target.

When the Chargers have the ball Rivers will be able to dissect the Chiefs defense since Tamba will be hobbled and Houston will be out.
Rivers to Allen
Rivers to Woodhead
Rivers to Henry
Rivers to Oliver
Rivers to Benjamin

SD beats KC by having an actual Quarterback outscore a committee of Running backs who will stall from time to time.

To predict 4 TDs from the Chiefs offense is ridiculous and exposes you for the homer that you are.

Week 1:
Chiefs 0-1

Good night
xoxoxoxo

Speaking of homer. Get off the crack pipe. You'll get smacked down and go into hiding again.

Mav 08-23-2016 07:30 AM

Relying on Rivers to have time to throw the ball is the biggest problem the Chargers will have.

The other is going to be them finding a way to put pressure on Smith. He has shown that when given time he's been lethal. Factor in Jamaal, and a stable of backs, but failing to mention Kelce, or Maclin is just another fail. It won't be easy for the Chiefs, but they will win by 10+.

Chiefs 1-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pasta Little Brioni 08-23-2016 07:32 AM

No game is easy, but not one person is worried about Eggo or Denver this year.

RunKC 08-23-2016 07:47 AM

Chargers ****ed up real bad by passing on Ronnie Stanley and taking a guy who hasn't even stepped on the field yet but hates the organization.

Our offense will score points. I fear that if Rivers has time to throw it could get bad real fast.

ChiefAshhole1056 08-23-2016 07:48 AM

The Chargers are very top heavy, any injury that occurs decimates them because of their lack of depth everywhere. They are at their most dangerous week 1, but are no longer a threat by week 6.

Direckshun 08-23-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12382011)

Rivers to Allen
Rivers to Woodhead
Rivers to Henry
Rivers to Oliver
Rivers to Benjamin

Week 1:
Chiefs 0-1

Good night
xoxoxoxo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of this would apply to both of our games last season, where we swept the Chargers?

Correct?

Direckshun 08-23-2016 07:59 AM

In my opinion, I think this could be a tricky game, but the Chiefs should prevail.

I don't worry too much about our offense, particularly if Charles shows up.

I do worry a bit about our defense. Rivers is the great equalizer, and we'll be entering the game without Houston and a young secondary.

I don't think that will do us in, but Rivers has beaten us with a passing game of no name receivers before.

I say the Chiefs win this game 2/3s of the time. They are the favorite entering it.