ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Colt Brennan in the 2nd round anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177355)

Pablo 12-24-2007 01:44 PM

Colt Brennan in the 2nd round anyone?

If the QB position is such a big issue to some folks, why not draft Long, Ellis, or Dorsey in the 1st in they're available and look to snag Colt Brennan in the early 2nd round? Last time I checked he was slated to go Mid-2nd, somewhere around 50.

I've personally watched Brohm, Ryan, and Woodson, and they haven't impressed me any more than Colt Brennan has. He'd come a hell of lot cheaper than the other three would, and he has all of the same physical and mental tools as the others.

I understand the knock for his system QB play, but that doesn't change the fact that he is accurate, or that he is a proven winner and may bring a good mentality with him. If we're going to gamble on a QB with a first day pick, this isn't the year to pick a QB up in the 1st round.

A far from impressive class, but Brennan has been largely overlooked and under-valued, he could provide a young, cheap alternate, and competition.

banyon 12-24-2007 01:47 PM

Not the worst idea.

chiefbowe82 12-24-2007 01:47 PM

lets just develop croyle first

JBucc 12-24-2007 01:49 PM

I don't really care that he played in a passing system. If he's smart he can learn as well as some QB who played in a regular offense, it just might take a little longer. I think the only reason he was at Hawaii is because he robbed someone at Colorado or something. He's no Timmy Chang. He's got a strong arm and decent athletic ability, made some amazing passes in the games I saw. His release is a bit low but fast and I haven't seen Vince Young have that many problems with batted balls.

Mecca 12-24-2007 01:49 PM

This is what I'll say. I like Colt Brennan more than most..he isn't the prospect a guy like Ryan is. But Brennan when you watch him does seem to have "it" he makes plays and does what it takes...

Also we can not rely on Croyle to where we say "OMG we can't take a QB" he's to injury prone to ever be relied upon.

suds79 12-24-2007 01:50 PM

Not a bad idea.

But I can only support that IF the Chiefs feel like he's the best guy.

Let's not forget that the #1 most important position on any team is the QB. So if you feel like you have a franchise QB early, you take him no matter what.

Plus this draft if deep in OT.

splatbass 12-24-2007 01:51 PM

A better idea than drafting one in the first for sure. I want to give Croyle a chance, but I think Colt would be a good pick in the second if they want a QB. I've watched him play a lot, being a UH fan, and I think he is more than a system QB.

HolmeZz 12-24-2007 01:53 PM

No.

Mecca 12-24-2007 01:54 PM

Holmezz despises Brennan for some reason.

Deberg_1990 12-24-2007 01:56 PM

Sure why not. Hes the next David Klinger or Andre Ware.

kcxiv 12-24-2007 01:57 PM

I am on the Colt bandwagon. This guy h as over a 70 percent completion ratio while being down in the 4th quarter. I know its not against top tier talent, but thats still damned impressive.

Pablo 12-24-2007 01:58 PM

I don't love Brennan...but I don't dislike him.

Ryan is the top prospect in this draft, and he's got great physical tools, but I've watched him just throw the ball up and expect God or one of his WR's to make a play quite a few times.

Ryan has the best potential or the three, Woodson could be a good QB, but I don't see any reason to totally overlook Brennan. I've only been able to catch like 4 games he's been at the helm, and I've been fairly impressed with those games.

Sure-Oz 12-24-2007 01:58 PM

best players in the 1st few rounds imo

suds79 12-24-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Sure why not. Hes the next David Klinger or Andre Ware.

I'm sure he will be if Carl drafts him ;)

It all really doesn't matter so long as Carl is the GM.

KCrockaholic 12-24-2007 01:59 PM

i wouldnt mind taking him in the 2nd round, but 3rd would be better if he falls that far. although i dont like Brennan as a person, did anyone here know about his incident? Brennan had a difficult time getting his football career going. Without getting into all the details, Brennan pled guilty to "burglary and trespassing" for an incident that occurred on 28 January 2004. He had a few too many drinks and entered a female students room uninvited. Brennan served seven days in jail and was put on four years of probation.

When asked about the incident Brennan said, "I don't think I touched the girl, the only thing I know is that night I acted inappropriately and didn't leave when I should have."

he wasnt even "of age" when he was drinking that night, sure we all do it... but KC really doesnt need a person with that kind of rep.