ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Patriots are confusing me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159270)

Amnorix 03-06-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
And yet, John Clayton reported this morning that Belichick has a hard-on for Randy Moss. Clayton said he didn't think a deal would come to fruition, but still ... very interesting.

:shrug: I can't understand the Moss fascination, as it SEEMS out of character, but given our success with Corey Dillon, I certainly would be willing to give it a chance. I can't argue with our being able to use a 6'4" fast #1 WR, that's for sure.

Tall, fast WRs with good hands are very, very rare. The Pats have shown little interest in paying for them in the past, whether paying means $$$ or with high draft picks. To get Moss would require both, I would think. Again, no idea what to say.

Mile High Mania 03-06-2007 09:51 AM

Well, back in October...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=randy+moss
10/10/2006

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Randy Moss -- the only Raiders WR the Pats are NOT interested in...

Amnorix 03-06-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
If that is a hell of a deal for Patriots Nation, then cool.

Nobody said that it was a hell of a deal. Just that the overwhelming majority of votes are ok with this deal, because we think Welker is a potentially solid contributor on both offense and STs, and helps to fill several pretty obvious needs. With Maroney being the featured back, we need a kick returner. He can do that. We need more good WRs, and he is one of those. He's young. He fits the bill.

Is it a GREAT deal or some kind of steal? No. Clearly not.

CupidStunt 03-06-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Please tell me you haven't just insured that we will send a second to Seattle for Jordan Babineaux.

Don't know where that rumor came about but I don't see a chance in hell it happens and never have.

With Herm I feel we will draft well. The two questions I have are: (1) can we sign good players in FA to reasonable contracts (so far so good IMO), and (2) can we release garbage players with horrible contracts (Hicks, Sims, Wesley, etc).

It's all well and good adding some quality young talents in April but if they're playing side-by-side a bunch of trash like Sims it's all for nothing.

Amnorix 03-06-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Well, back in October...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=randy+moss
10/10/2006

Seemed true at the time, but as usual it's not easy to predict the inscrutable one.

2112 03-06-2007 09:57 AM

From what I heard from Patriot posters on another site..Bellichick got so pissed off about blowing a 21 point lead against the Colts that he is taking drastic actions..he was still whining about blowing that lead at the pro bowl..that's why they signed Adelius Thomas and are being so aggressive..and going against the Patriot Reign philosophy.

The Welker signing/trade I don't get..he's a decent kick returner..but to give uop a 2nd round pick?I don't know.

Amnorix 03-06-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
From what I heard from Patriot posters on another site..Bellichick got so pissed off about blowing a 21 point lead against the Colts that he is taking drastic actions..he was still whining about blowing that lead at the pro bowl..that's why they signed Adelius Thomas and are being so aggressive..and going against the Patriot Reign philosophy.

The Welker signing/trade I don't get..he's a decent kick returner..but to give uop a 2nd round pick?I don't know.

He should also be fine in the slot.

Ya, that Belichick guy -- he's going psycho. Lost his head.

Repeat after me -- Adaleus Thomas' contract is SMALLER, as a percentage of the cap, than Rosey Colvin's was when signed in 2003.

Undertaker #59 03-06-2007 10:03 AM

Here is a list of the last 7 picks at the #60 slot.

2006 Maurice Drew, RB UCLA
2005 Kelvin Hayden, CB Illinois
2004 Courtney Watson MLB Notre Dame
2003 Tyrone Calico, WR Tenessee
2002 Anton Paleopi DE Nevada Las Vegas
2001 Andre Dyson CB UTAH
2000 Brad Meester C Northern Iowa

Is Welker really that much of a reach over these guys?

Amnorix 03-06-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker #59
Here is a list of the last 7 picks at the #60 slot.

2006 Maurice Drew, RB UCLA
2005 Kelvin Hayden, CB Illinois
2004 Courtney Watson MLB Notre Dame
2003 Tyrone Calico, WR Tenessee
2002 Anton Paleopi DE Nevada Las Vegas
2001 Andre Dyson CB UTAH
2000 Brad Meester C Northern Iowa

Is Welker really that much of a reach over these guys?

3 very solid guys there. 4 who I don't think I've ever heard of.

Mile High Mania 03-06-2007 10:06 AM

Drew has a huge future...

Ok, I'll quit questioning the Welker trade. The defense is "recent history with R2 picks at that slot suck, so why not".

2112 03-06-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

He should also be fine in the slot.

Ya, that Belichick guy -- he's going psycho. Lost his head.

Repeat after me -- Adaleus Thomas' contract is SMALLER, as a percentage of the cap, than Rosey Colvin's was when signed in 2003.

Calm down Amnorix..I was just saying mumbles usually isn't this aggressive..here's a Ron Borges quote to make you feel better. :)

Quote:

On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end.

This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

- Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft.

Undertaker #59 03-06-2007 10:10 AM

That is one of the best Borges quotes right there. He just got suspended for two months for plagiarism. :)

Bowser 03-06-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker #59
That is one of the best Borges quotes right there. He just got suspended for two months for plagiarism. :)

Well after thoughts like that, his best bet was plagiarism.

CupidStunt 03-06-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

3 very solid guys there. 4 who I don't think I've ever heard of.

If you haven't heard of 4 of those guys, you really don't watch a lot of football.

The only one who doesn't ring a bell to me is Paleopi.

Btw, just listing the #60 picks is a little silly. What about the #61, #62 and a few more?

jspchief 03-06-2007 10:45 AM

Tom Brady was available at #60.