ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

OnTheWarpath15 06-27-2012 10:45 AM

Heading to Dallas next week, and noticed that Springfield is playing at Frisco that weekend. Probably catch a game.

Anyone to get a good look at other than Oscar Taveras and Kolton Wong?

Frazod 06-27-2012 03:13 PM

Cubs lost to the Mets today 17-1 at Wrigley.

Jesus. I'm actually on the brink of feeling sorry for them. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 06-27-2012 03:34 PM

Bar time

O.city 06-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8704773)
Yup.

But they also shut him down last time through the rotation to get him working on his mechanics. Additionally, his velocity has come down a MPH or 2.

He's a pitcher; they have bumps like this unless they're Strasburg. I'm not worried just yet - but I also have an irrational love of Tyrell Jenkins as a pitching prospect and think he'll be the true ace from our minor league system. If we can trade Miller for a young 'co-ace' that can hold down the fort for the next 5 years, I'd do it in a second. A guy like Lance Lynn preventing us from needing to spend $10 million on Jake Westbrook is incredibly useful here in that it allows us to really go hard after a top-shelf starter. Allen Craig does the same thing w/ his contributions over Lance Berkman as does Jay's wildly underrated performance in CF.

We should have the financial flexibility to both extend Waino and sign Hamels/Greinke (I'd prefer Greinke). With the baseball pendulum swinging back away from maulers, I think we should attack front-end starting pitching aggressively.

IMO, if you could swing something for Hamels or Greinke, you do it.

I would like to keep ahold of Miller, but Jenkins is kind of skyrocketing anyway.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 8704488)
I think Cox is the natural person to be traded. If the price for SP is too steep, wouldn't be surprised if they go for RP instead.

I agree that Cox is the only expendable trade bait that we have, I just question the value we will recieve in return.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8704720)
There are actually quite a few decent arms that may hit the market.

Garza and Dempster being the obvious ones, but Liriano could be available and I think he'd be a great fill-in for Garcia. With his pending FA and erratic history, Cox would probably be enough to get him.

I dont think Cox is seen by other clubs as having that much value.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8704720)

Or go all-in on Hamels or Grienke. To be honest, both players are young enough (and our stable of arms deep enough) that I'd give Miller to get either guy.

No, Hell no on Grienke. That little shit could decide to quit baseball or phone it in after he gets his money or has a mental break down. Let someone else gamble on him. The price for Hamels will be as steep as anyone who has ever hit the market. And he will be a rental that will go to the highest bidder in the off season. I'd rather sign/extend Waino than go after Hamels.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8705881)
IMO, if you could swing something for Hamels or Greinke, you do it.

I would like to keep ahold of Miller, but Jenkins is kind of skyrocketing anyway.

Do you guys not live in KC? Grienke is damaged goods. He is a weird dude who could flake out at any mintue.

VAChief 06-27-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8705944)
Do you guys not live in KC? Grienke is damaged goods. He is a weird dude who could flake out at any mintue.

I don't want him either, especially at the dollars he would likely command. I would be tempted to take Hamels for Miller now. He is only 28, a solid number 2 if not a 1A starter. Being a lefty is a plus, especially in short series playoff match ups. Miller is at the cusp reputation wise, still highly regarded, and young, but judging from this year I think he is at least two years away from being a factor in a rotation. He could start dropping in his value if he doesn't start to make some adjustments with his approach to his game. He has a good arm, but he ain't in high school anymore and a 93-94 mph fastball won't get you by alone.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8705951)
I don't want him either, especially at the dollars he would likely command. I would be tempted to take Hamels for Miller now. He is only 28, a solid number 2 if not a 1A starter. Being a lefty is a plus, especially in short series playoff match ups. Miller is at the cusp reputation wise, still highly regarded, and young, but judging from this year I think he is at least two years away from being a factor in a rotation. He could start dropping in his value if he doesn't start to make some adjustments with his approach to his game. He has a good arm, but he ain't in high school anymore and a 93-94 mph fastball won't get you by alone.

Trade a prospect that most teams consider the best pitching prospect in baseball for a rental player?

Miller is just a kid. He's probably arrogant, thinks he knows everything and not taking instruction well. He's getting drunk too often. He just needs to grow up. His upside is way to high for a rental.

VAChief 06-27-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8705977)
Trade a prospect that most teams consider the best pitching prospect in baseball for a rental player?

Miller is just a kid. He's probably arrogant, thinks he knows everything and not taking instruction well. He's getting drunk too often. He just needs to grow up. His upside is way to high for a rental.

I meant to say if you could sign him (Hamels). My main point is that I wouldn't necessarily call Miller off limits if a proven commodity of need is out there as an option. It wouldn't surprise me if Rosenthal makes it before Miller.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8705984)
I meant to say if you could sign him (Hamels). My main point is that I wouldn't necessarily call Miller off limits if a proven commodity of need is out there as an option. It wouldn't surprise me if Rosenthal makes it before Miller.

We couldnt resign Hamels and extend Waino. I'd rather have Waino.

VAChief 06-27-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8705986)
We couldnt resign Hamels and extend Waino. I'd rather have Waino.

I wouldn't see that as an either/or scenario necessarily. We have 20 million leaving the books next year in Lohse/Westbrook.

whoman69 06-27-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8706007)
I wouldn't see that as an either/or scenario necessarily. We have 20 million leaving the books next year in Lohse/Westbrook.

Lohse will probably get resigned. I was never sold on Westbrook. He is Donovan Osborn part 2 without the hot streaks. How much of that is Lohse? Could be doable. When is the last time we had a lefty threat?

VAChief 06-27-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8706101)
Lohse will probably get resigned. I was never sold on Westbrook. He is Donovan Osborn part 2 without the hot streaks. How much of that is Lohse? Could be doable. When is the last time we had a lefty threat?

I think Lohse is about 11.5 and Westbrook is a little under 8.5.

BigRedChief 06-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8706007)

No we dont. Loshe will re resigned at $11-12 million. Budget $7-8 million for a Waino raise and your even.