ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals **** OFFICIAL ROYALS @ RED SOX GAMETHREAD 20130420 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272299)

GloryDayz 04-20-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9608067)
True, but it's not a power league anymore either. San Fran won the WS in 12 and ranked dead LAST in HR's.

Your avatar's nipples are still awesome!

MIAdragon 04-20-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9608074)
Yeah, uh, no.

SF was 6th in runs scored, 7th in doubles, and 1st in triples. "Power" doesn't have to be the long ball, but it sure doesn't hurt.

It's a power league.

Are doubles and triples more a product of speed than simply raw power?

MIAdragon 04-20-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9608080)
Your avatar's nipples are still awesome!

Id take the ass in yours over those nips any day of the week.

alnorth 04-20-2013 05:51 PM

Will Smith is going to be called up.

No one sent down because of the new CBA rules on day/night double-headers. For one day only, we get to have a 26-man active roster.

mr. tegu 04-20-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9608130)

No one sent down because of the new CBA rules on day/night double-headers. For one day only, we get to have a 26-man active roster.

It's crazy that we really don't have any kind of rotation controversy considering where we were last season at this time.

MIAdragon 04-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

We're going to start a kid we received in the big trade with the Dodgers. Allen Webster, should be interesting at least.

GloryDayz 04-20-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9608116)
Id take the ass in yours over those nips any day of the week.

What if they're the same woman? JFC......

mr. tegu 04-20-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9608189)
We're going to start a kid we received in the big trade with the Dodgers. Allen Webster, should be interesting at least.

Sweet. If he is a first time starter that is just what we need...hopefully. We will be going with Guthrie and Santana who have been pretty dang good. Though Guthrie may have trouble given his propensity to be a fly ball pitcher.

Shogun 04-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9608193)
What if they're the same woman? JFC......

His av is a doll, not a real person. I cant remember where I saw the pic, but I PM'd him immediately ROFL

Anyways. Tough loss to swallow. Could have had it, so many chances squandered away. Herrera needs to get it figured out, as do Hos and Moose. Cant have them come up short in big situations. SPitching has been phenominal so Cant complain there, just need the run support.

ChiefsCountry 04-20-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Good thing Omaha was in Nashville, the closest PCL team to the east coast. Makes for at least a managable flight to Boston if he is needed.

MIAdragon 04-20-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9608198)
Sweet. If he is a first time starter that is just what we need...hopefully. We will be going with Guthrie and Santana who have been pretty dang good. Though Guthrie may have trouble given his propensity to be a fly ball pitcher.

Yep, first taste of the bigs, in fact he only has 10 innings over AA ball.

DeezNutz 04-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9608115)
Are doubles and triples more a product of speed than simply raw power?

I agree that triples can be a combination of speed and luck, but doubles are a legit metric in my view.

This is a bit of the evidence I've used in the past when people would kill Butler for his "lack of power."

Is it unlikely that a team is high in runs scored, doubles, AND triples in a single year? Maybe to a certain extent. But I also guarantee that you can't have a roster of Getz and Dyson clones and accomplish this feat, either.

ChiTown 04-20-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9607758)
OK.

Keep the margins razor thin and see what happens over the course of a season.

No shit. Pitching has been great by comparison of our absolutely pathetic bullshit run production and lack of any power whatsoever. I am done with Moose. He sucks worse than I would have ever expected. Hosmer has been a gigantic vagina since after his rookie season. This ****ing lineup = shit.

Nightfyre 04-20-2013 08:19 PM

Half the people in this thread would be grateful if we shipped off Hosmer and Moose to another organization today. However, I firmly believe we have a systemic problem which is preventing our players from achieving their power potential. These players would land with an organization like the Rays and turn into superstars.

Al Bundy 04-20-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9608512)
Half the people in this thread would be grateful if we shipped off Hosmer and Moose to another organization today. However, I firmly believe we have a systemic problem which is preventing our players from achieving their power potential. These players would land with an organization like the Rays and turn into superstars.

Moose probably would, however Hosmer is a contract guy, and by that I mean someone that will only try during a contract season, I can tell by his swing he just doesn't care. I really would be happy if they were gone, traded for some other pieces, an established bat.