ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life First day I've woken up not craving a painkiller in a long ass time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269831)

lcarus 02-08-2013 11:52 AM

First day I've woken up not craving a painkiller in a long ass time

Feels good man. Finally got those evil bastards out of my system I think.

Bump 02-08-2013 11:53 AM

nice, good for you!

lcarus 02-08-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9387257)
nice, good for you!

I should also point out how much marijuana aided me through this hell.

NewChief 02-08-2013 11:55 AM

Excellent, man! That's a helluva habit to kick.

lcarus 02-08-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387266)
Excellent, man! That's a helluva habit to kick.

Yeah time to work on the cigarettes next. That will seem like childs play next to the oxycontin addiction, let me tell ya.

Graystoke 02-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387268)
Yeah time to work on the cigarettes next. That will seem like childs play next to the oxycontin addiction, let me tell ya.

Good for you.

Have you ever tried to quit cigs?

Tough ass addiction.

NewChief 02-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387268)

Did you get your underlying pain issues worked out (facial reconstruction wasn't it?). Or were there no real pain issues once the opiate withdrawals went away?

lcarus 02-08-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9387271)
Good for you.

Have you ever tried to quit cigs?

Tough ass addiction.

Yeah I have. The max strength patch works decently well for me paired with a bit of willpower. I actually took the patch for 2 weeks, then just went without it and was fine for a week. THEN...you all remember the Buffalo/KC OT game? Yep...got me. I smoked a couple during that game and it was back to full time shortly after. All it takes is one slipup.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387272)
Did you get your underlying pain issues worked out (facial reconstruction wasn't it?). Or were there no real pain issues once the opiate withdrawals went away?

My pain seems manageable without narcotics at this point. Weed every now and again seems to help out.

Graystoke 02-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387276)
Yeah I have. The max strength patch works decently well for me paired with a bit of willpower. I actually took the patch for 2 weeks, then just went without it and was fine for a week. THEN...you all remember the Buffalo/KC OT game? Yep...got me. I smoked a couple during that game and it was back to full time shortly after. All it takes is one slipup.

One slipup indeed. Once an addict always an addict.
Best of luck.

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387281)
My pain seems manageable without narcotics at this point. Weed every now and again seems to help out.

Excellent. Don't forget ibuprofen ;)

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9387282)
One slipup indeed. Once an addict always an addict.
Best of luck.

I wish I could smoke a cigarette every once in a blue moon. I wish I could take a heavy painkiller every once in a blue moon. Just doesn't work for me anymore. Time to abstain completely.

Bump 02-08-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387259)
I should also point out how much marijuana aided me through this hell.

weed is good man!

It can help so many things. People call it a gateway drug, bullshit, it's an exit drug if anything. You can quit smoking weed after years of smoking everyday with not a single withdrawal. I just took a month long weed break and went sober for a month, no big deal.

Phobia 02-08-2013 12:02 PM

Awesome news.

Fish 02-08-2013 12:05 PM

Very good to hear bud. Keep it up! Don't let that shit drag you down again.

TLO 02-08-2013 12:05 PM

Good for you man! Went through something similar not so long ago. I stopped cold turkey and it was a bitch but I made it through. Hope you continue to stay away from them!

TLO 02-08-2013 12:07 PM

How long did you use them? And like what actual medication and strength? Just out of curiosity.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9387286)
weed is good man!

It can help so many things. People call it a gateway drug, bullshit, it's an exit drug if anything. You can quit smoking weed after years of smoking everyday with not a single withdrawal. I just took a month long weed break and went sober for a month, no big deal.

Yeah, as someone who has now experienced REAL addiction, anyone who says marijuana is addicting doesn't know what they're talking about. I saw a Bill O'Reilly segment where he claimed marijuana was as addictive as cigarettes. ROFL I guess it's as "addicting" as an egg mcmuffin or anything else that's fun or enjoyable. But addicting physically? No way.

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:08 PM

Awesome man. How much were you taking? What is it straight Oxy or Percocet?

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9387303)
How long did you use them? And like what actual medication and strength? Just out of curiosity.

130mg of oxycodone per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And I honestly don't even remember when I started taking them full-time. It's been several years though.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387307)
Awesome man. How much were you taking? What is it straight Oxy or Percocet?

Straight oxy. 15mg little green round pills. 6 of them a day. And one 40mg time release oxycontin at bedtime. A lot of times I ended up taking more than I was prescribed. It was a problem. So I said enough of this shit and fought tooth and nail to stop taking them. I weened down bit after bit.

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387309)
130mg of oxycodone per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And I honestly don't even remember when I started taking them full-time. It's been several years though.

As someone who has their dick knocked in the dirt by 10mgs, it blows my mind the levels of tolerance that go along with opiate addiction.

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387321)
Straight oxy. 15mg little green round pills. 6 of them a day. And one 40mg time release oxycontin at bedtime. A lot of times I ended up taking more than I was prescribed. It was a problem. So I said enough of this shit and fought tooth and nail to stop taking them. I weened down bit after bit.

That's crazy. As someone with nagging back issues I find the sweet spot for me is about 3.5MG of Percs 3 times a day.

bevischief 02-08-2013 12:17 PM

Congrats.

ModSocks 02-08-2013 12:18 PM

I've had this Vicodin sitting here for about a month now....I see it everyday and think to myself...."Should I take it for shits & giggles?"

Honestly, i don't like the way they make me feel.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387326)
That's crazy. As someone with nagging back issues I find the sweet spot for me is about 3.5MG of Percs 3 times a day.

At the highest point of my dependence, I'd have to take at least 3 or 4 10mg percs at one time just to get any type of relief. At first it was about pain relief then it became about relief from withdrawals. It was a vicious cycle. I would get close to running out of them early, because some days I would take more, and I'd panic. I had some stolen on a couple occasions, and it was a nightmare panic like nothing else. Finally I realized just what a horrible vicious cycle it all was and remembered a time when I didn't have these things controlling my life.

Needless to say, I'm so happy to be through with them.

Buck 02-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387321)

God damn ****a.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9387340)
I've had this Vicodin sitting here for about a month now....I see it everyday and think to myself...."Should I take it for shits & giggles?"

Honestly, i don't like the way they make me feel.

I used to love the way I felt on them. Pain was an afterthought, everything was interesting. Then after time passed, I had to take them just to feel like...normal. It's no fun when you get deep into them.

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387354)
I used to love the way I felt on them. Pain was an afterthought, everything was interesting. Then after time passed, I had to take them just to feel like...normal. It's no fun when you get deep into them.

Sounds like Meth. Gotta love that endorphin bounce.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387373)

It's crazy. Perfectly legal for any ol quack doctor to write a script for the shit, and your local Walgreens will hand you a bottle with a smile on their face. But pot...POT IS THE DEVIL!!!!

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387382)
It's crazy. Perfectly legal for any ol quack doctor to write a script for the shit, and your local Walgreens will hand you a bottle with a smile on their face. But pot...POT IS THE DEVIL!!!!

They're coming around. Eventually you'll be able to so the same for marijana.

lcarus 02-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387390)
They're coming around. Eventually you'll be able to so the same for marijana.

I don't see why not. They're allowed to prescribe what is essentially heroin nationwide.

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387373)

Way worse than meth due to the true, physical dependency that develops. The cells in your body, literally, become dependent upon the opiates. When you deprive them of the opiates, then you get truly sick. Like... influenza, cramps, pain plus hallucinations. It's no ****ing joke. But yeah, the endorphin bounces from speed or ecstacy or anything like that leads to similar cycles of abuse. The higher you are, the worse you'll feel for the days following. Best solution to feel better? Take MORE!

BigRedChief 02-08-2013 12:35 PM

Glad to hear! Congrats!

ModSocks 02-08-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387398)
Way worse than meth due to the true, physical dependency that develops. The cells in your body, literally, become dependent upon the opiates. When you deprive them of the opiates, then you get truly sick. Like... influenza, cramps, pain plus hallucinations. It's no ****ing joke. But yeah, the endorphin bounces from speed or ecstacy or anything like that leads to similar cycles of abuse. The higher you are, the worse you'll feel for the days following. Best solution to feel better? Take MORE!

I've never taken Meth or Heroin or any of that shit (i've seen enough from others abusing it) but i've done Ecstasy a few times.

When the pill initially kicks in, i hate it. I hate the loss of control of myself. It's too overwhelming. However, the come down is absolutely euphoric. It's a trip. I can't explain it.

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9387428)
I've never taken Meth or Heroin or any of that shit (i've seen enough from others abusing it) but i've done Ecstasy a few times.

When the pill initially kicks in, i hate it. I hate the loss of control of myself. It's too overwhelming. However, the come down is absolutely euphoric. It's a trip. I can't explain it.

The "come down" I'm referring to is the serotonin crash that occurs days later.

http://www.neurosoup.com/schedule1/mdmamainpage.htm
Quote:

Many users describe an MDMA back-end, or period of feeling depressed and drained after use. Curran & Travill (1997) concluded that, "Weekend use of MDMA may lead to depressed mood mid-week." They continued to explain that "...the results of this study imply that MDMA use at the weekend is associated with subsequent low mood mid-week and with impaired attentional function. It is not clear to what extent this may reflect a temporary serotonergic depletion, a more serious serotonergic neurotoxicity or a psychological consequence of the acute `high’ mood induced by weekend MDMA use." Nutrients that may help with the MDMA back-end (to be taken the week after use) are listed in the table below:
With a lot of "weekend" party drugs, there are similar reactions. A lot of people don't even know why they're depressed or not feeling good during the middle of the week, and it's often a result of the partying they did on the weekend.

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 12:53 PM

Soooooo, you got any leftovers you're not going to use?

ModSocks 02-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387450)
The "come down" I'm referring to is the serotonin crash that occurs days later.

http://www.neurosoup.com/schedule1/mdmamainpage.htm

With a lot of "weekend" party drugs, there are similar reactions. A lot of people don't even know why they're depressed or not feeling good during the middle of the week, and it's often a result of the partying they did on the weekend.

Yeah, i know what you meant.

I've experienced it and i've only taken the pill a handful of times. If you take it Friday evening then by Saturday evening, you're feeling pretty drained.

lcarus 02-08-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9387456)
Soooooo, you got any leftovers you're not going to use?

Yeah right. ROFL I finished that bottle off long ago and was smacking the bottom of it hoping some more would magically fall out after they were gone.

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387476)
Yeah right. ROFL I finished that bottle off long ago and was smacking the bottom of it hoping some more would magically fall out after they were gone.

****! I was hoping to pickup a habit someday!

Skyy God 02-08-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9387382)

My college gf used to flirt (hopefully that's all she did) with our dentist to get scripts. Opioids never did anything for me, though.

lcarus 02-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9387489)
My college gf used to flirt (hopefully that's all she did) with our dentist to get scripts. Opioids never did anything for me, though.

Yeah it starts out as flirting, until she's taking 10 a day just to function. Then she's getting bukkaked by him and his friends 3 times a week.