ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Nirvana Live at Reading... NEVER FORGET GREATNESS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282450)

Easy 6 03-20-2014 08:26 PM

Nirvana Live at Reading... NEVER FORGET GREATNESS

These guys, what can I say, they were just one step ahead of the curve... **** musicianship gripes and bullshit about "oh he was no Satriani", give me great SONGS, and these guys sure as hell did.

If you have an hour or two, just watch away and take a time machine trip back to when ROCK ruled and wasn't some afterthought... grimey, melodic, subversive, pick a cool word.

Been blasting this for a while now tonight and just HAD to share...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aJGl0FQK9Ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAUTO 03-20-2014 08:34 PM

Sorry but I hated nirvana, pearl jam too.

Add in Bob Dylan
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited 03-20-2014 08:38 PM

That was a blast.

Easy 6 03-20-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10505355)
Sorry but I hated nirvana, pearl jam too.

Add in Bob Dylan
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok fine, find a distant cave miles away from your home, go there, and kindly shoot yourself in the face so far deep in that cave that no one will ever find you... fair enough?

So alright... what music from that era DID you like? bear in mind that your every answer from now on will be met with my extreme disapproval LMAO

kcxiv 03-20-2014 08:44 PM

Love Nirvana, but wasnt big on Pearl Jam at all.

What i like about this video is it sounds almost identical to the actual tape/disc based version of the song, some bands dont sound the same when you hear them live.

My Fav songs from Nirvana is Scentless Apprentice and Dive. I like many more, but them 2 songs get the most play. I still think their unplugged album is one of the best albums ever in existence.

Easy 6 03-20-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10505378)
Love Nirvana, but wasnt big on Pearl Jam at all.

What i like about this video is it sounds almost identical to the actual tape/disc based version of the song, some bands dont sound the same when you hear them live.

My Fav songs from Nirvana is Scentless Apprentice and Dive. I like many more, but them 2 songs get the most play. I still think their unplugged album is one of the best albums ever in existence.

I love both bands but the distinctions are clear...

Nirvana was out of tune, brutal and carefree, a tornado not even in control of itself.

Pearl Jam was all bluesy loving soul, caring natured and accessible, anyone can be a PJ fan because they love all people... they just simply weren't as angry and subversive as Nirvana, two very different dynamics going on there.

What warms my heart is that Eddie and Kurt became fast friends after Eddie appealed for unity in the press, swearing no more "us vs. them" mentality... gah, I long for those days of rock brilliance again.

BigRedChief 03-20-2014 09:12 PM

The Sheriff reopened his suicide case today. Why I didn't catch? They have some new facts or reason to think it wasn't suicide?

Easy 6 03-20-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10505420)
The Sheriff reopened his suicide case today. Why I didn't catch? They have some new facts or reason to think it wasn't suicide?

I read that little bit on yahoo today as well, they have better quality photographs that haven't even been DEVELOPED since that day?

It sounds like some real Mickey Mouse, we don't really care what happened here BS... yeah he probably did off himself, but jeeez... they waited THIS long to go ahead and develop the higher quality photos?

Seems like they just made the call without even bothering to look into it further with better evidence.

headsnap 03-20-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10505394)
I love both bands but the distinctions are clear...

Nirvana was out of tune, brutal and carefree, a tornado not even in control of itself.

Pearl Jam was all bluesy loving soul, caring natured and accessible, anyone can be a PJ fan because they love all people... they just simply weren't as angry and subversive as Nirvana, two very different dynamics going on there.

What warms my heart is that Eddie and Kurt became fast friends after Eddie appealed for unity in the press, swearing no more "us vs. them" mentality... gah, I long for those days of rock brilliance again.

Gush much?

Nirvana rocked Pearl Jam still sucks... Today's music it the same as yesterday's, you are just older...

kcxiv 03-20-2014 09:54 PM

I didnt hate pearl jam, they had some ok songs, but i didnt have any of their tapes or cd's or anything back in the early 90's. I did have Nirvana's though. I like the raw sound they have, kind of like i love Korns first album for that. I dont like when studio's clean it up to much and add shit to it. This video is perfect, their live performance sounds really ****ing good.

Baby Lee 03-20-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 10505445)
Gush much?

Nirvana rocked Pearl Jam still sucks... Today's music it the same as yesterday's, you are just older...

There is plenty of catchy music out there, but autotune, compression of the master, and compression of the digital files [MP3s] pretty much damn much of today's music to 2nd class status.

Music today isn't something you sit alone and let utterly envelop you, it's what you play on your wireless device as you jog or drive or do your laundry.

Easy 6 03-20-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 10505445)
Gush much?

Its not the same at all, not even sure how you can say that... rock used to get covered by the "lamestream media" gahhh it hurts to use that phrase but its true.

Real rock doesnt get any coverage or hype any more outside of local circles... Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, MAYBE an occasional appearance from the Foo Fighters, that's really just about it.

No big label is trying to break the next great rock band, or so it seems... they may bring in the RHCP or Metallica once in a while, but outside of that rock is DEAD to the rest of the world.

The next Nirvana or GNR is out there somewhere, but todays pussy scene doesn't want to hear it IMO.

blake5676 03-20-2014 10:15 PM

God...watching that was fun. Hit mute on the basketball games and cranked that out for a solid hour and a half. Excellent post :thumb:

Omaha 03-21-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10505497)
Its not the same at all, not even sure how you can say that... rock used to get covered by the "lamestream media" gahhh it hurts to use that phrase but its true.

Real rock doesnt get any coverage or hype any more outside of local circles... Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, MAYBE an occasional appearance from the Foo Fighters, that's really just about it.

No big label is trying to break the next great rock band, or so it seems... they may bring in the RHCP or Metallica once in a while, but outside of that rock is DEAD to the rest of the world.

The next Nirvana or GNR is out there somewhere, but todays pussy scene doesn't want to hear it IMO.

This is a load of fail. You're out of touch and listening to the wrong shit.

There are many great new bands making incredible music.

NewChief 03-21-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10505497)

Music right now is amazing, and we have better access to a wider variety of music than ever before. Back in the day, you were forced to guzzle whatever the mainstream media and radio poured down your throats (Payola anyone?). Now there are, literally, thousands of quality music blogs out there that serve up new music in whatever genre you love.

No rock music as some kind of shared cultural phenomenon where everyone was cranking up "Slowride" on their jambox while climbing to the top of the water tower to smoke a doob? Not so much, but there's tons of great music out there.

That being said, I'm not going to begrudge you your nostalgia, I just think there's lots of good music coming out.

Check out The War on Drugs new album, "Lost in the Dream."