ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Salmon, Idaho.....talk to me......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260334)

Bwana 06-08-2012 06:19 PM

Salmon, Idaho.....talk to me.........

So does anyone know anything about this area? Fishing, drove though, lived there? If would seem an opportunity has presented itself in the future (fishing lodge) and I want to hear a little more about the area, first hand, if possible.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...3WMv8HoZIFEB8Q

lewdog 06-08-2012 06:28 PM

Weird but in my drives through Idaho I never made it to Salmon River. Pictures look amazing with the Sawtooth mountains though! I ****ing love the Snake river though...so damn amazing.

Bwana 06-08-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8668353)
Weird but in my drives through Idaho I never made it to Salmon River. Pictures look amazing with the Sawtooth mountains though! I ****ing love the Snake river though...so damn amazing.

Dang Lew, I figured I would have a good shot with you on this question. :p

In any event, I have to head up to Rocky Mountain Bio Labs in Hamilton next month, to train them on some things, so I think I'll head over to Salmon for a good hard look. I know someone who just bought a bunch of land and is going to build a massive fishing lodge down there. They want me to run the thing. I'm seriously considering it. The pay would be great and it's like Montana 2.0.

I want to gather as much information as I can, before heading down.

Oh yeah and before anyone asks, I'll give you guys a deal, if you want to come out and haul in some steelheads. ;)

http://flygal.lackner-buckingham.com..._guide_img.jpg

lewdog 06-08-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8668387)
Dang Lew, I figured I would have a good shot with you on this question. :p

In any event, I have to head up to Rocky Mountain Bio Labs in Hamilton next month, to train them on some things, so I think I'll head over to Salmon for a good hard look. I know someone who just bought a bunch of land and is going to build a massive fishing lodge down there. They want me to run the thing. I'm seriously considering it. The pay would be great and it's like Montana 2.0.

I want to gather as much information as I can, before heading down.

Oh yeah and before anyone asks, I'll give you guys a deal, if you want to come out and haul in some steelheads. ;)

Yea sorry man. But on your way to Hamilton, say hi to Missoula, best city in the state!!!

Sounds like a hell of an opportunity. Idaho is amazingly beautiful as you know and that area is as good as it gets from the sounds/pictures of it.

Any yes, I seriously would take you up on some steelhead fishing if you land this gig!!! Never had a chance to fish for those monsters.

Bwana 06-08-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8668390)
Yea sorry man. But on your way to Hamilton, say hi to Missoula, best city in the state!!!

Sounds like a hell of an opportunity. Idaho is amazingly beautiful as you know and that area is as good as it gets from the sounds/pictures of it.

Any yes, I seriously would take you up on some steelhead fishing if you land this gig!!! Never had a chance to fish for those monsters.

Oh, It's 100% landed, if I want to do it. I just need to decide. I would have full control of the lodge/bar and 50% ownership.

As far as Missoula, those tree hugging pricks, will be lucky if I make it through town, without slinging some lead, ****ing hippies ;)

Ming the Merciless 06-08-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8668387)

that would kick ass

Bwana 06-08-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8668417)
that would kick ass

Yeah, if I decide to do it, I will run the place and may do some guiding as well, (highly likely) been there, done that, at least with trout.

Life is to short not to live the dream, but I have to make sure this is it, by gathering a lot more information.

Fairplay 06-08-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8668414)
Oh, It's 100% landed, if I want to do it. I just need to decide. I would have full control of the lodge/bar and 50% ownership.

You would be surprised how much control 51% leverage gives you Bwana.

philfree 06-08-2012 07:51 PM

Game Birds or just the fish? I've always been intrigued by Idaho.

Bwana 06-08-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8668472)
You would be surprised how much control 51% leverage gives you Bwana.

I'd be very surprised, if I couldn't work that out. ;)

Bwana 06-08-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8668489)
Game Birds or just the fish? I've always been intrigued by Idaho.

You know bud, at this point, I don't know for sure. I know it is famous for the steelhead fishing and elk, but that's about as much as I know, so far.

philfree 06-08-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8668496)
You know bud, at this point, I don't know for sure. I know it is famous for the steelhead fishing and elk, but that's about as much as I know, so far.

Seems like it might be a great gig for you. Hope it works out.

Bwana 06-08-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8668509)
Seems like it might be a great gig for you. Hope it works out.

Thanks, if it looks good, I'll likely go for it, if not, things are going great as is, right now.

Johnny Vegas 06-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8668414)

As far as Missoula, those tree hugging pricks, will be lucky if I make it through town, without slinging some lead, ****ing hippies ;)

HEY! For someone whom enjoys the outdoors as much as you do I wouldn't expect ya to shoot them tree huggers! I gotta say the place is crawling with hipsters more than hippies nowadays which is equally as annoying. Don't forget the Big Sky brewery in Missoula you can get free samples if you walk in. Also a gourmet hot dog joint opened up called tom dooley's just off the first exit on broadway next to mcdonalds. The griz dog is a chili bacon dog on a pretzel bun. Pretty damn good.

Bwana 06-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8668522)
HEY! For someone whom enjoys the outdoors as much as you do I wouldn't expect ya to shoot them tree huggers! I gotta say the place is crawling with hipsters more than hippies nowadays which is equally as annoying. Don't forget the Big Sky brewery in Missoula you can get free samples if you walk in. Also a gourmet hot dog joint opened up called tom dooley's just off the first exit on broadway next to mcdonalds. The griz dog is a chili bacon dog on a pretzel bun. Pretty damn good.

Oh, I know bud, I was just talking trash. ;) As far as the brewery, I have sold the owners a bunch of stuff in the past and they always hook me up with free draws, when I make it in. :thumb: