ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271585)

R8RFAN 03-29-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538502)
LMAO and R8ers laughed at us for acquiring Smith.

I will take Flynn just because he is basically unknown to me right now... Reggie knows alot about him from being in Green Bay so long.

I am not going to Homer up and act like this is what I wanted because it's not... I really was content on Pryor starting since we are in rebuilding mode anyway...

Carlota69 03-29-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9538519)
It means that SNR is right and everyone else is wrong.

No way dude!! Is that even possible????? Does that mean Sweet dick Willie plays poker better than Reid and Dorsey???? No way!! I dont believe it!!!!!

o:-)o:-)o:-)o:-)o:-)

RunKC 03-29-2013 02:02 PM

Say goodbye to a trade down.

Looks like it's Joeckel at 1.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2013 02:03 PM

Why didnt Dorsey ever make a play for Flynn? He obviously knows him pretty well too....

patteeu 03-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9538519)
It means that SNR is right and everyone else is wrong.

It's sure starting to look that way! ROFL

Ming the Merciless 03-29-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9538500)
What? You said that if Flynn is traded to the Raiders, he'll have a better season than Alex Smith.

Please explain how that is possible when the Raiders don't have shit for an offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends or running backs (McFadden has been nothing short of a bust).

You want me to explain?

The Qb receives the ball from the vented. This is called a "hike". The Qb will then throw the ball to a receiver. This is called a pass.

I mean seriously though look at what I wrote. You're acting like this is SO impossible so is it not reasonable then to infer that if this does happen......or even comes close to happening ... that Flynn would have to be given a lot of credit.......and cassel 2.0 by your admission has so many more weapons so he will have a MUCH better season than Flynn ' right?

R8RFAN 03-29-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9538529)
Say goodbye to a trade down.

Looks like it's Joeckel at 1.

You don't actually think the Raiders and Chiefs were going to trade with each other did you?

patteeu 03-29-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9538509)
Another team with a premium pick in the draft trading for a questionable QB instead of relying on the draft to fill that need? I wonder what that means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9538522)
Flynn deal shows Raiders don’t think much of rookie quarterbacks
Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Matt+Flynn+Tennessee+Titans+v+Seattle+Seahawks+qHvp4AsP8iel Getty Images

So much for the Raiders being interested in Geno Smith with the third overall pick in the draft.

The reported trade that will send one-game wonder Matt Flynn from Seattle to Oakland means that the Raiders won’t be drafting Smith, or presumably any other quarterback.

Unless it’s all an elaborate smokescreen.

Flynn’s contract carries a base salary of $5.25 million in 2013, $2 million on which is fully guaranteed. In 2015, Flynn is due to make $6.25 million.

While Flynn has limited NFL experience, Raiders G.M. Reggie McKenzie knows what he’s getting. McKenzie worked for the Packers during Green Bay’s Brett-Favre-barricade draft of 2008. Within weeks after the Packers finagled Favre’s retirement by demanding a commitment early in the offseason, Green Bay drafted both Brian Brohm and Flynn.

It’s unknown what the Raiders are giving up to get Flynn, but McKenzie declared last year that the team won’t be trading draft picks.

For now, it appears they won’t be using any draft picks on a quarterback.

You've done me a great service.

RunKC 03-29-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9538535)
You don't actually think the Raiders and Chiefs were going to trade with each other did you?

No. I doubt anyone is going to trade up with us for Geno Smith. Very doubtful.

Raiders showing what everyone else is thinking. This QB class sucks a dick.

patteeu 03-29-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9538532)
Why didnt Dorsey ever make a play for Flynn? He obviously knows him pretty well too....

Maybe he had a better option.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9538455)
Do you even watch football when you can run it opens up the passing.

That's an obsolete ideology. Teams pass to set up the run now, not vice versa. If you run to set up the pass, then explain the success of the passing games of the Vikings, Chiefs, and Jaguars compared to the Patriots, Saints, or even the Lions.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 02:06 PM

What if Oakland gave up a 2nd for him would people stop bitching then about the Smith deal?

The Franchise 03-29-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9538547)
What if Oakland gave up a 2nd for him would people stop bitching then about the Smith deal?

They don't have one.

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9538534)
You want me to explain?

The Qb receives the ball from the vented. This is called a "hike". The Qb will then throw the ball to a receiver. This is called a pass.

I mean seriously though look at what I wrote. You're acting like this is SO impossible so is it not reasonable then to infer that if this does happen......or even comes close to happening ... that Flynn would have to be given a lot of credit.......and cassel 2.0 by your admission has so many more weapons so he will have a MUCH better season than Flynn ' right?

Yes, if Alex Smith is worth a ****ing shit, he should have a better season than Flynn, a guy that's started exactly ONE GAME in the NFL and has no receivers, tight ends and running backs of note in Oakland.

With or without Flynn, the Raiders are destined to completely suck in 2013.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9538545)
Maybe he had a better option.

We have a winner!!!