ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Likely to be the finalized staff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268758)

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9306204)
Poe, Powe, and Lewis are all worth a roster spot as well.

Powe is an Inc. and Lewis is worth a backup safety role and little else.

It doesn't make him good, it makes him passable.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306207)
I thought with a new coaching staff and new system we would rid ourselves of your useless drivel, but I guess I was wrong.

my drivel ends when Andy Reid cuts all the shitty players that this place defends and gives a free pass to

so very soon

O.city 01-11-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306210)
my drivel ends when Andy Reid cuts all the shitty players that this place defends and gives a free pass to

so very soon

And if Reid keeps some of said shitty players around?

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306211)
And if Reid keeps some of said shitty players around?

He's not

He is bringing his "No Turd Left Behind" program to KC and he will rid us of all the Scooter shitters that have plagued this team the last 4 years. Our good talent prior to the Scooter era will be vindicated and their last remaining prime years wont be wasted under Andy. I have confidence in Reid

dirk digler 01-11-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9306128)
And here it comes. Now I'm a homer LMAO

Just saying. We had quite an impressive string of luck with the Reid and Dorsey hires. We have the #1 pick. And contrary to what the whiners say, I LOVE the offensive staff Reid has assembled. It's something I could only have imagined in my dreams.

Everything has been a home run thus far this offseason until the defensive coordinator. Can't win them all, but that's no reason to think this defense will now be a piece of shit or even a liability.

Your dreams must suck then. I could never imagine dreaming about Reid and Childress..yuck

The only homerun IMHO is Dorsey if he is hired, other than that this is all just meh..

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306206)

Ultimately I see no reason he couldn't be as good as Abreyo Franklin as soon as next season. That qualifies him for the list, IMO.

I hope he's better than that because Franklin didn't do shit for SD last year, or the Saints before that.

RealSNR 01-11-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306210)

so very soon

Again, players like Powe and Lewis will be here next year because they are DEPTH. You can't overhaul a team in one offseason with stud depth players.

Considering what teams like the 2-12 Colts had before last season, we're in very good shape. It's not going to take long to either see those mediocre guys flourish as backups or see them replaced with better personnel.

In the meantime, it's stupid to say "the defense has four good players and nobody."

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9306238)
Again, players like Powe and Lewis will be here next year because they are DEPTH. You can't overhaul a team in one offseason with stud depth players.

Considering what teams like the 2-12 Colts had before last season, we're in very good shape. It's not going to take long to either see those mediocre guys flourish as backups or see them replaced with better personnel.

In the meantime, it's stupid to say "the defense has four good players and nobody."

Solid argument now, but I will refrain until FA, the draft and who is re-signed.

that will tell the bigger picture of the roster turnover

Easy 6 01-11-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306148)
It will actually speed development of our DL.

Hit me with some details knowledgeable one.

Is it because the upfield, agressive posture of a one gap has less nuance and is easier to pick up?

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306208)
Powe and Lewis

LOL

Don't be stupid. They'll be around.

Solid depth, just as others have said.

RealSNR 01-11-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9306224)
Your dreams must suck then. I could never imagine dreaming about Reid and Childress..yuck

The only homerun IMHO is Dorsey if he is hired, other than that this is all just meh..

You can disagree about the Reid hire. I like it and you don't, but I understand the reasoning people give for not liking it. I happen to like it a LOT more than Cowher or that dumb smelly turd Jon Gruden. Our other options then would come down to hiring another team's coordinator. And I totally get why people want to go with one of those guys. But in the meantime, Reid is attracting solid franchise coaches and players like a goddamn lightning rod. He's a name people respect in the NFL, and believe it or not that will get us much farther at least in this initial first year of the new coaching regime.

As for Childress, you DO realize he's not going to be serving as a head coach, right?

O.city 01-11-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306242)
Solid argument now, but I will refrain until FA, the draft and who is re-signed.

that will tell the bigger picture of the roster turnover

This.

With some smart moves, re signing some of our own free agents, we have some money to throw around and make some serious moves.

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306208)
Powe and Lewis

LOL

Lewis is decent safety depth as is Powe who is still developing.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306186)
there's like 4 good players on defense if that

ROFL You're ****ing stupid

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:59 PM

Like I said, not every player can be a world beater, and some will have to be in development. That's just the way it is. Lewis showed a Ton of promise before this season where it seemed as though he fell off. I believe with proper coaching he, and some others can get back on track.