ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What QB do you like in this draft class? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182854)

suds79 04-12-2008 09:39 AM

What QB do you like in this draft class?

In relation to where we’ll have to pick to get him.

Round projection via - http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Poll forthcoming...

OnTheWarpath15 04-12-2008 09:44 AM

Other: Josh Johnson and Kevin O'Connell of San Diego State.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2008 09:45 AM

The latest ive seen is Henne going very early 2nd round. Perhaps we could get him there if we dont get Ryan? I think Brohm is gonna go late 1st round.

CosmicPal 04-12-2008 09:45 AM

The Chiefs should consider a QB, but I don't think they should take Matt Ryan. If Chad Henne is to be available in the 3rd, which I don't believe he will be, but if he is- he'd be an absolute steal then. I'd honestly take him over Ryan.

keg in kc 04-12-2008 09:46 AM

If we don't draft Ryan, I don't think we draft a QB in this class, at least not an early-round one. I don't think Brohm will be on the board when we pick in the 2nd (and I'm not sure I'd take him if he was) and I'm not at all sold on Chad Henne (I say this as a Michigan fan). Anything after that and it's either Brodie Croyle part deux or a project we're grooming as a career backup.

Sully 04-12-2008 09:47 AM

Henne scares me... he just does.
Flacco reminds me of Grbac.
I think I'd like Woodson a little lower.
I like Brohm in the 2nd.
I like Ryan in the first (a little, though with the other options...meh)
No on JDB.
I could live with a low pick of Ainge.

CosmicPal 04-12-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully;
Henne scares me... he just does.

Just curious....why does Henne scare you?

Scare you in a good way? Scare you in a bad way?

nychief 04-12-2008 09:51 AM

I think Ryan has to be considered... but I also think the Falcons are going to grab him. Otherwise...I don't know. Brohm is my favorite after Ryan - but we have so many holes to fill, unless you think he is a franchise QB (ryan) I don't know if you waste a pick for a backup player.

Sully 04-12-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 4680586)
Just curious....why does Henne scare you?

Scare you in a good way? Scare you in a bad way?

I'm afraid he will eat children in my neighborhood.

No...really... I can't put my finger on it, I just don't have a good feeling about the guy. For some reason, with him, I get the same type of gut feeling I did with guys like Cade McNown and Philip Rivers. Not terribly scientific, or backed up with facts, I just get that type of feeling.

nychief 04-12-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4680592)
I'm afraid he will eat children in my neighborhood.

No...really... I can't put my finger on it, I just don't have a good feeling about the guy. For some reason, with him, I get the same type of gut feeling I did with guys like Cade McNown and Philip Rivers. Not terribly scientific, or backed up with facts, I just get that type of feeling.

I'd take Philip Rivers.

penguinz 04-12-2008 09:59 AM

Matt Ryan will be an average QB in the NFL. Not worth top 5 pick.

keg in kc 04-12-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 4680592)

Watching him play for four years, he was never bad, but I never saw "it" in him. When I look at Henne I see the next Elvis Grbac or Todd Collins. Sad to say, if we're really Herm-strated on offense, he'd probably fit perfectly, actually, as a game manager asked not to screw up, but I don't see him as anything more than that long-term.

That doesn't mean he won't turn into a star. I've been wrong before, and sometimes you can get biased against guys that played on teams you root for, but that's what I see...

Frankie 04-12-2008 10:01 AM

Matt Ryan reminds me a lot of the other guy who went to Detroit in the 5th +/- spot after David Carr went first. Can't remember his name, but I remember Carl had a woody for him and so did a lot of yous on the Planet. How did that turn out?

I picked Chad Henne in the 3rd as the best value in this poll. Booty in the 4th (not 3rd) might be a good choice.

Frankie 04-12-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4680602)
Matt Ryan will be an average QB in the NFL. Not worth top 5 pick.

I think so too. See my last post.

DTLB58 04-12-2008 10:08 AM

I really don't watch college football enough to evaluate players.

I just think we have committed to Brodie and we have waaay to many other holes to fill. Give Brodie the most help you can and see what he can do.