ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264168)

pr_capone 09-23-2012 11:55 PM

Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall

yeah, yeah... only week 3 and a lot of shit can change from now to draft date. this is the ONLY thing that will make me renew my season tix next year.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

http://i.imgur.com/7NDyx.jpg

My only hope is that he has an off game or two... Lord knows Pioli won't trade up for him.

KCrockaholic 09-23-2012 11:59 PM

I want to win as many games as possible, and when draft day comes around not be afraid to make a Redskins-like trade to get our QB. But Scott is a giant pussy. He wont do that.

Thig Lyfe 09-23-2012 11:59 PM

OMG

2 DA SHIP!!!!

Bump 09-24-2012 12:04 AM

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/jimp.jpg

BryanBusby 09-24-2012 12:04 AM

k

Smed1065 09-24-2012 12:11 AM

Pioli never trades up!

CoMoChief 09-24-2012 12:15 AM

Ehhh. I dunno.

New World Order 09-24-2012 03:10 AM

We could of settled the qb situation with Kyle Orton

Munson 09-24-2012 04:14 AM

We'll be in perfect position to draft another franchise 3-4 DE.

/Pioli

htismaqe 09-24-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8944890)

Kyle Orton isn't any better than Matt Cassel.

Black Bob 09-24-2012 06:29 AM

I still think there are alot of questions about Smith and he really doesn't look like a top 10 pick to me. He might go top 10 because of the way teams are desperate for QBs but, it's still really early and he has some major flaws imo.

Kyle DeLexus 09-24-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8944958)

Kyle Orton is way better than Matthew Cassel...but he is still a long way from a franchise QB.

notorious 09-24-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8945054)
Kyle Orton is way better than Matthew Cassel...but he is still a long way from a franchise QB.

This.

Signing Orton just puts this franchise back another 2-3 years. At least with Cassel the end should be coming soon.

tredadda 09-24-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Nope, I think people are too enamored with our win over GB last year to realize that. We moved the ball better under Orton than we did under Cassel, but we did not score better. The defense is the reason why we won that game vs GB, not Orton and the offense. Orton is just more of the same, an average journeyman QB. Chicago traded first round picks AND Orton for Cutler. This just shows his true value. Then Denver cut him in favor of Tebow and as of right now he is a backup in Dallas. He would not have done any more for us than Cassel.

brorth 09-24-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8945058)
This.

Signing Orton just puts this franchise back another 2-3 years. At least with Cassel the end should be coming soon.

Isn't it about time someone does an interview with Orton about what went down? WTF does he have to lose, and who knows how much longer our media will have balls enough to write it?

notorious 09-24-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brorth (Post 8945068)
Isn't it about time someone does an interview with Orton about what went down? WTF does he have to lose, and who knows how much longer our media will have balls enough to write it?

That would be awesome.

tredadda 09-24-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

I would like to read or hear that.

Black Bob 09-24-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

I don't get this conspiracy theory stuff with Orton. After the Bronco's game last season he said this was "Matt's team."

htismaqe 09-24-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8945054)

6 of one, one half dozen of the other.

2 sides of the same, putrid, mediocre coin.

Lzen 09-24-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8944890)

First, it's could have, not could of. Second, Orton is marginally better than Cassel. He's definitely not the long term answer.

WV 09-24-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8944818)
yeah, yeah... only week 3 and a lot of shit can change from now to draft date. this is the ONLY thing that will make me renew my season tix next year.

My only hope is that he has an off game or two... Lord knows Pioli won't trade up for him.

To dream....the impossible dream!!!

Black Bob 09-24-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8945141)
To dream....the impossible dream!!!

It's a great feeling when your pro team gets a stud from your college team. I'm a big UGA fan and it was great to finally get a UGA stud. Before Houston, all I had to hang my hat on was Bell and Pope.... (I didn't claim them ROFL)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

I WILL PARTAY LIKES ITZ TEH 1999!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 09:28 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/24481055.jpg

L.A. Chieffan 09-24-2012 09:30 AM

This is bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8945311)
This is bullshit.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

It HAS begun!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 09:33 AM

Look at the way the KC logo and the WV logo look like they were destined to meet.

Like a perfect love affair.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 09:34 AM

That would be a dream come true....

Could you imagine how giddy this fanbase would be if we could take Smith at #8...

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8944963)
I still think there are alot of questions about Smith and he really doesn't look like a top 10 pick to me. He might go top 10 because of the way teams are desperate for QBs but, it's still really early and he has some major flaws imo.

We've already discussed this, and you are wrong.

Smith is pro ready. Fabulous pocket presence, keeps his body squared, has one of the fastest releases I've ever seen on a QB at that stage, a very good arm, can make all the throws, is athletic enough to keep defenses honest on bootlegs, scrambles, etc., goes through progressions very quickly, has excellent ball placement - even in tight coverage, is a natural leader, etc.

This "happy feet" thing you came up with is complete bullshit. He keeps his feet moving to keep them under the shoulders/squared up.

Major flaws my ass. Your and idiot.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

He won't be there at 8.

By the end of the season there's going to be another "Luck v. RGIII" conversation w/ Barkley and Smith, though obviously a lesser edition of it. In the end, I don't think it's that unlikely that Smith takes the #1 overall away from Barkley.

I'm seeing less and less I like from Barkley every game. Ultimately I really wish that Murray was a couple inches taller because I've been more impressed by Murray than I have any of the other 'pocket' passers I've seen this season. If the draft was tomorrow and Murray came out early, I'd be the idiot that took him over the taller, more polished Barkley. And I still like Tyler Bray's tools more than both of them, though I haven't seen him play much this year and he's also likely to stay for his SR season.

Brace yourselves, Chiefs fans. But I think this may end up being a pretty shitty QB class. It looks like Geno and a fair number of underclassmen that will probably stay in (Wilson, Bray, Murray) and a few busts waiting to happen (Barkley, Manuel, Jones).

Geno or Bust in 2013!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 09:42 AM

Let the love FLOW!

O.city 09-24-2012 10:15 AM

With what's happened in Fayetteville I think Wilson's outta there

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8945453)
With what's happened in Fayetteville I think Wilson's outta there

Unless he decides he gives up football and goes to graduate school, I'm pretty sure he has to "outta there" as he's a senior. Unless he wants to take a redshirt this year.

Unsmooth-Moment 09-24-2012 10:38 AM

I think we can still win games this year and have the ability to draft a QB. See guy like Flacco and Rodgers that were taking the in mid to late first. We should have some options when we are on the clock.

It would be nice to be able to trade up to get OUR guy, but we know that wont happen.

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 8945528)
I think we can still win games this year and have the ability to draft a QB. See guy like Flacco and Rodgers that were taking the in mid to late first. We should have some options when we are on the clock.

It would be nice to be able to trade up to get OUR guy, but we know that wont happen.

Throwing out a name or two for a second/third/fourth rounder if Pioli decides to pull a Pioli and not trade up for Smith like he should (though, I have confidence in the Chiefs to stink it up for the rest of the season so Pioli gets fired and doesn't screw up the QB pick in 2013):

Ryan Nassib, QB; Syracuse

Mike Glennon, QB; North Carolina State

lcarus 09-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

He's a little better.

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8945592)
He's a little better.

By a gnat's ass hair...maybe.

O.city 09-24-2012 11:38 AM

My bad sac, thought Wilson was a jr. I thi I he might end up being he dark horse guy in this class. He's a pro style guy with a good arm

Thig Lyfe 09-24-2012 11:42 AM

If we draft Geno Smith I will poop my pants with joy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8945727)
If we draft Geno Smith I will poop my pants with joy.

I will wipe my ass with glee!

O.city 09-24-2012 11:56 AM

Been thinking, how many teams will be lookig for a qb in the draft next year?

ILChief 09-24-2012 11:58 AM

You know it's gonna happen:

http://blog.nsr-inc.com/wp-content/u...-Jones-112.jpg

The Franchise 09-24-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8945763)

Oakland
Arizona (as long as Kolb doesn't pull an awesome season out of his ass)
Kansas City
Buffalo
New York Jets
Jacksonville

Dark horses: Dallas and San Francisco

notorious 09-24-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8945773)

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/fo...indow_Fall.gif

ILChief 09-24-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8945763)

Possibilities:
KC
Oakland
Arizona
Buffalo
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Jets
49ers
Denver

The last three are doubtful. We need to hope Weeden and gabbert show some promise

Nightfyre 09-24-2012 12:04 PM

Denver will not be looking for a QB.

the Talking Can 09-24-2012 12:05 PM

smith is going to be a top-5, likely top 2 pick...

we on the other hand are going to be picking around 15 (give or take)...

you do the Pioli Math on that...the start crying

Brock 09-24-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8945805)
smith is going to be a top-5, likely top 2 pick...

we on the other hand are going to be picking around 15 (give or take)...

you do the Pioli Math on that...the start crying

at least we were almost in it for a wild card berth to the very end.

mr. tegu 09-24-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8945792)
Possibilities:
KC
Oakland
Arizona
Buffalo
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Jets
49ers
Denver

The last three are doubtful. We need to hope Weeden and gabbert show some promise

Gabbert has actually put together back to back games that weren't complete garbage. And Weeden has performed better after his first week as well.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8945773)

His fan confidence and draft stock is dropping faster than Wendler to his knees in a gay bar...

probably a 2nd round Qb at this point.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8945856)
His fan confidence and draft stock is dropping faster than Wendler to his knees in a gay bar...

probably a 2nd round Qb at this point.

I think it's closer to a 5th or 6th. The guy looked like dogshit against K-State. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8945854)
Gabbert has actually put together back to back games that weren't complete garbage. And Weeden has performed better after his first week as well.

Gabbert is ascending.

Thank GOD we did not take a chance on him/TF Dumbass McDoodle-****er@!

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8945868)
Gabbert is ascending.

Thank GOD we did not take a chance on him/TF Dumbass McDoodle-****er@!

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan looks better than ever under Dirk Koetter (who couldn't get much out of Gabbert) and Gabbert looks better under Mike Mularkey (who had hit a ceiling with Ryan).

Sometimes, players need a new voice. Well, unless that player is Matt Cassel.

htismaqe 09-24-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8945896)
Sometimes, players need a new voice. Well, unless that player is Matt Cassel.

Matt, this is God. Stop playing with yourself.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8945860)
I think it's closer to a 5th or 6th. The guy looked like dogshit against K-State. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL at this point.

I was thinking 3rd.

The size and arm strength will get someone reaching, look at Foles.

I'll never understand why he didn't come out last year. The QB class after the first two was as soft as you'll ever see. There's no way he wouldn't have gone in the 1st round, IMO.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8945342)
He won't be there at 8.

By the end of the season there's going to be another "Luck v. RGIII" conversation w/ Barkley and Smith, though obviously a lesser edition of it. In the end, I don't think it's that unlikely that Smith takes the #1 overall away from Barkley.

I'm seeing less and less I like from Barkley every game. Ultimately I really wish that Murray was a couple inches taller because I've been more impressed by Murray than I have any of the other 'pocket' passers I've seen this season. If the draft was tomorrow and Murray came out early, I'd be the idiot that took him over the taller, more polished Barkley. And I still like Tyler Bray's tools more than both of them, though I haven't seen him play much this year and he's also likely to stay for his SR season.

Brace yourselves, Chiefs fans. But I think this may end up being a pretty shitty QB class. It looks like Geno and a fair number of underclassmen that will probably stay in (Wilson, Bray, Murray) and a few busts waiting to happen (Barkley, Manuel, Jones).

Geno or Bust in 2013!!!!

People knock Barkleys arm strength but watch this

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...991d4a70_large

The guy might be Matt Ryan/ Carson Palmer. Threads the needle there between a few defenders is able to look off his first read. That right there certainly is an improvement over Cassel and a great throw.

pr_capone 09-24-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8946538)

The guy might be Matt Ryan/ Carson Palmer. Threads the needle there between a few defenders is able to look off his first read. That right there certainly is an improvement over Cassel and a great throw.

I challenge any person who wants Kasl Jr. in KC to fisticuffs.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8946550)

That's really not an accurate comparison though.

How bout a hug?

Discuss Thrower 09-24-2012 04:19 PM

What would it take to trade if KC winds up with a 12-20-ish selection? Would it take more than the DC deal to get RG3?

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8946550)

He's significantly better than Cassel. Cassel can't throw a ball hard enough to keep the noise down.

Barkley has some tools, I just don't think he's an elite QB. Honestly I'd have probably compared him to Flacco a couple of years ago in that you just wonder what it will take for him to get over the hump. Eventually he'd end up sliding into a career as a solid, but unspectacular QB. Flacco's probably right at the cusp of the top 10 and that's probably Barkley's upside as well, but the development process is a spooky think and he may not get there.

He's not a #1 overall caliber prospect, IMO. If he's there for us at 8, sure grab him (because it will almost certainly mean that Smith is gone). He'll be a solid starter in this league and a guy you can probably win with in a few years.

But he still doesn't jump off the page to me.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8946538)

What makes that throw impressive is not the velocity (though it was a nice hard throw), but that he had the stones to attempt it.

You have to take risks to win in this league. And more often than not, those risks have to succeed. Cassel would've hopped a couple of times, tucked it, put his head down and run straight forward. He'd have never had the faith in his arm to try to get it between two defenders. Though to be fair, he probably shouldn't.

Barkley's far more advanced as a passer right now than Cassel will ever be. I'm still not convinced he's a legitimate difference maker though.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8946582)
What makes that throw impressive is not the velocity (though it was a nice hard throw), but that he had the stones to attempt it.

You have to take risks to win in this league. And more often than not, those risks have to succeed. Cassel would've hopped a couple of times, tucked it, put his head down and run straight forward. He'd have never had the faith in his arm to try to get it between two defenders. Though to be fair, he probably shouldn't.

Barkley's far more advanced as a passer right now than Cassel will ever be. I'm still not convinced he's a legitimate difference maker though.

I think he'll be a shorter/more accurate Matt Ryan.

You can def. win games with this guy.

ForeverChiefs58 09-24-2012 04:43 PM

Whatever the price is to move up. Pay whatever it takes. One spot or 20 spots. Get Geno Smith please.

SAUTO 09-24-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8946639)
Whatever the price is to move up. Pay whatever it takes. One spot or 20 spots. Get Geno Smith please.

This. resign the fa's , Albert Bowe Belcher Dorsey, and hell maybe let Dorsey walk even.then trade the next two drafts for Geno
Posted via Mobile Device

cmh6476 09-24-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8944821)
I want to win as many games as possible, and when draft day comes around not be afraid to make a Redskins-like trade to get our QB. But Scott is a giant pussy. He wont do that.

This. We have a lot of the pieces to the puzzle in place, at least I think we do. Why not give up something this year to get the guy that puts us over the edge? Even if it sets us back a little in the short term, it shouldn't take but another year or two to rebound. QB is such an important piece to a competitive team, we have to get one soon.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8946582)

The Chiefs would be a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year with Barkley under center. Do I think he's a prototypical Franchise QB? In all honesty, I'm not sure. But he is smart, athletic and has an NFL arm.

He might be Matt Schaub or Andy Dalton (who should have been a first rounder - the Bengals really scored) but I'm fairly certain the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl with Barkley under center.

IMO, at least in this point in time, he'll be one of those guys slightly under "Elite". I'd be shocked if he becomes a Brees, Manning, Farve, etc. but he's certain good enough to win important games.

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 07:18 PM

This discussion is in the Draft Planet forum as well, so I don't want to be redundant with positing it here, but:

Smith is head and shoulders above anyone else this year. Watch him in a game. The guy has "it." And he has the tools to be a playmaker type at the QB position at the next level.

Barkley and Jones are about the same guy honestly. Both are pretty darn good quarterbacks with good size and good arms who would do well in a situation that the Chiefs currently have. Upside is probably Matt Ryan.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8947016)
Barkley and Jones are about the same guy honestly.

No, they're not.

Barkley has never shit himself like Jones did Saturday night against K-State. They're FAR from the "same guy".

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8947040)
No, they're not.

Barkley has never shit himself like Jones did Saturday night against K-State. They're FAR from the "same guy".

Haha no use in arguing with people on here. A good number of people think Barkley is Cassel.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8947049)
Haha no use in arguing with people on here. A good number of people think Barkley is Cassel.

That's not surprising when half the members here respond to serious questions with gif's.

Nightfyre 09-24-2012 07:31 PM

I believe I was the first to make the Barkley/Cassel comparison - Last year early in the season based on 2010 footage. He has come a long way in his decision making and response to pressure since then.

boogblaster 09-24-2012 07:34 PM

maybe so .....

Saccopoo 09-24-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8947040)
No, they're not.

They were talking about Barkley in that same frame of mind after the Stanford game, so it's not like the guy is as perfect as you apparently believe.

And Jones is not a stiff. I think that you have to look at systems as well. Both guys are very similar in their mechanics, size, arm strength, athletics, etc. Both have tools you look for in a NFL QB. Both will be high level game managers at best at the next level in my opinion.

You can cherry pick a game here and there to have it suit your viewpoint all day long, but in the end, they are basicially the same guy. Both have a Matt Ryan type ceiling at best.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8947142)
They were talking about Barkley in that same frame of mind after the Stanford game, so it's not like the guy is as perfect as you apparently believe.

And Jones is not a stiff. I think that you have to look at systems as well. Both guys are very similar in their mechanics, size, arm strength, athletics, etc. Both have tools you look for in a NFL QB. Both will be high level game managers at best at the next level in my opinion.

You can cherry pick a game here and there to have it suit your viewpoint all day long, but in the end, they are basicially the same guy. Both have a Matt Ryan type ceiling at best.

Huh? Barkley has played 2 bad games the last 2 years.

Brock 09-24-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

I'll bet Barkley goes way higher in the draft than Jones does.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

They were talking about Barkley in that same frame of mind after the Stanford game,

Define "they" because "they" sound like ****ing reeruns.

I wouldn't touch Jones before the fifth. I just don't see "it". But that said, it's early.

Bewbies 09-24-2012 08:19 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5cj31CdxB1r36nwk.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8947056)
That's not surprising when half the members here respond to serious questions with gif's.

Sorter 09-24-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8947240)
Define "they" because "they" sound like ****ing reeruns.

I wouldn't touch Jones ever. I just don't see "it". But that said, nobody should draft that guy. Watch his stupid shovel pass/fumble attempt. It reeks of pure Cassel.

Fixed

BossChief 09-24-2012 08:32 PM

I see Barkley as similar to Matt Ryan. Good arm, but not a cannon, can effectively go through progressions and spread the ball around and attack the whole field.

Geno Smith isnt as dynamic as RG3, but there are lots of similarities in their games/skillsets. He has enough speed and instinct to make defenses pay if they try to run too much man coverage and can shred a zone with his arm.

I see Wilson as a lesser version of Rivers...similar arm and game demeanor...opposing teams can get in his head and he is very hot/cold.

Landry Jones is a stronger armed Cassel that needs everything around him to be clicking
to be effective. When Broyles went down, he fell apart. As others mentioned, his game against k St was awful.

Geno Smith should be targeted by us and could flourish with the weapons we have.

Titty Meat 09-24-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8947396)
I see Barkley as similar to Matt Ryan. Good arm, but not a cannon, can effectively go through progressions and spread the ball around and attack the whole field.

Geno Smith isnt as dynamic as RG3, but there are lots of similarities in their games/skillsets. He has enough speed and instinct to make defenses pay if they try to run too much man coverage and can shred a zone with his arm.

I see Wilson as a lesser version of Rivers...similar arm and game demeanor...opposing teams can get in his head and he is very hot/cold.

I think the Chiefs are a super bowl contender with either of those 3 guys.