ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Nashville, TN information please (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222158)

Alton deFlat 01-21-2010 12:51 PM

Nashville, TN information please

I may be going to the Log and Timber Home Show in Nashville, TN in about a month. I've never been to Nashville before and wondered if there is a preferable area to stay..... or more importantly, is there an area to avoid. The show is at the Nashville Convention Center, but I don't mind driving a ways from the hotel to the convention center. I figure hotels close to the show are filling quickly or the prices may be inflated just because of their proximity to the convention center. Any help would be appreciated. I may end up using priceline or something similar to book the hotel, but just wanted opinions on the city.

vailpass 01-21-2010 12:56 PM

The Log and Timber Show? Is this a Red Green episode?
Just kidding; sounds like you'll see some cool cabin ideas.
Hendersonville, TN is about 20 miles outside of Nashville. I've been there a few times to visit a friend and found it a very agreeable place whose rates are much lower than Nville.
Have fun.

eazyb81 01-21-2010 12:57 PM

The downtown area is a great time, plenty of cool bars with some nice female scenery.

Gonzo 01-21-2010 12:57 PM

Whatch out for your cornhole, bud.

Alton deFlat 01-21-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Hendersonville, TN is about 20 miles outside of Nashville. I've been there a few times to visit a friend and found it a very agreeable place whose rates are much lower than Nville.
Thanks! I'll take a look at Hendersonville.

Quote:

The downtown area is a great time, plenty of cool bars with some nice female scenery.
The bars do sound interesting, but I'll have the female scenery with me. :D

Quote:

Whatch out for your cornhole, bud.
Something to remember wherever you go.

Simply Red 01-21-2010 01:13 PM

Harmony Korine lives there. He's radical.

Skip Towne 01-21-2010 01:27 PM

Stop by and visit FAX.

Jilly 01-21-2010 01:30 PM

Great and fun city for a few days, but that's it. I stayed near Music Row....was awesome, only it felt a little like Vegas with all the people standing outside their bars trying to get you to come in. The convention Center, to my recollection is near there.

CoMoChief 01-21-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 6466266)

THIS.

go to the Tin Roof. Great cover band there. Lots of pussy.

NewChief 01-21-2010 01:36 PM

Are you looking to purchase or are you in the business?

Either way, you're interested in log work. Check out my brother's work here, if you get a chance.

kcfanintitanhell 01-21-2010 01:49 PM

I lived in Nashville for 20 years....Hendersonville may be 20 minutes from downtown at 3 o'clock in the morning, but can be a nightmare at times during the day. For starters, I would check prices at the Best Western Music Row, on Division Street. It's close to downtown (about a 12-block walk, tops, to the convention center). There's also some other places a bit farther on West End.
If you want to go farther out, about 10 minutes from downtown at Briley Parkway and Elm Hill Pike are a couple places that are fairly reasonable. Technically they are on Atrium Way. North of town off I-65 and Two Mile Pike (Goodlettesville) are several reasonable places, also. Within staggering distance of a Hooter's, if you're into that.
Hope this helps a bit.

38yrsfan 01-21-2010 01:55 PM

I thought this was going to be about a country western song ..................

Alton deFlat 01-21-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanintitanhell (Post 6466413)
I lived in Nashville for 20 years....Hendersonville may be 20 minutes from downtown at 3 o'clock in the morning, but can be a nightmare at times during the day. For starters, I would check prices at the Best Western Music Row, on Division Street. It's close to downtown (about a 12-block walk, tops, to the convention center). There's also some other places a bit farther on West End.
If you want to go farther out, about 10 minutes from downtown at Briley Parkway and Elm Hill Pike are a couple places that are fairly reasonable. Technically they are on Atrium Way. North of town off I-65 and Two Mile Pike (Goodlettesville) are several reasonable places, also. Within staggering distance of a Hooter's, if you're into that.
Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks!

Alton deFlat 01-21-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6466365)
Are you looking to purchase or are you in the business?

Either way, you're interested in log work. Check out my brother's work here, if you get a chance.

I'd love to own a log home. Some of the plans I've looked at are amazing. I will take a look at your brother's work too. Thanks.

EDIT: Wow, that's some craftsmanship.

vailpass 01-21-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanintitanhell (Post 6466413)
I lived in Nashville for 20 years....Hendersonville may be 20 minutes from downtown at 3 o'clock in the morning, but can be a nightmare at times during the day. .

Miles, not minutes.