ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2014 MLB ALL STAR GAME**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285010)

Deberg_1990 07-15-2014 08:50 PM

Why is he singing it like hes drunk in his truck?

Discuss Thrower 07-15-2014 08:50 PM

You shouldn't have to stand at attention and remove a cap for God Bless America.

Anyong Bluth 07-15-2014 08:51 PM

Holland be thy name.

gblowfish 07-15-2014 08:52 PM

You know, Ken Harvey was an All Star once.

How sad is that?

alnorth 07-15-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10748709)
You shouldn't have to stand at attention and remove a cap for God Bless America.

I don't.

I stand and remove my cap for the national anthem. Thats it. God Bless America is a nice little ditty that I kinda enjoy, but I'm not gonna pay homage to it.

TLO 07-15-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10748711)

How sad is that?

Laughable. LMAO

Al Bundy 07-15-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

I didn't on Sunday at The K. A few of the rednecks around me were sort of giving me a look.

Anyong Bluth 07-15-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

But then God takes away His blessings on America, and McDonald's $1 Value Menu.

End times...
End times... .

alnorth 07-15-2014 08:57 PM

Good job, Twin fans! If the other team is going for the popup, **** em, go after that ball.

Anyong Bluth 07-15-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10748725)
Good job, Twin fans! If the other team is going for the popup, **** em, go after that ball.

It's important. The Royals need home field advantage for the WS.

chiefzilla1501 07-15-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10748598)
barely? Are you kidding me?

Forget playoffs or clutch, he is #9 on the hit list.

No, I'm not kidding you. I am paying him a compliment by saying he's a surefire hall of gamer even without his clutch or playoff track record. You put Craig Biggio on the Yankees his whole career, and his stats probably look just as good and Biggio isn't getting votes. Jeter was a great hitter but rarely ever even a top 5 hitter in any given year, an average fielding shortstop, and he wasn't a home run hitter.

But statistics are stupid. The reason Jeter is getting this respect, which is well deserved, is because he is easily the best clutch hitter of our generation and in the conversation among the all time greats in that regard. And that makes him a surefire hall of gamer and a legend. He absolutely deserves the kind of respect he's getting today.

alnorth 07-15-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10748735)
No, I'm not kidding you. I am paying him a compliment by saying he's a surefire hall of gamer even without his clutch or playoff track record. You put Craig Biggio on the Yankees his whole career, and his stats probably look just as good and Biggio isn't getting votes. Jeter was a great hitter but rarely ever even a top 5 hitter in any given year, an average fielding shortstop, and he wasn't a home run hitter.

But statistics are stupid. The reason Jeter is getting this respect, which is well deserved, is because he is easily the best clutch hitter of our generation and in the conversation among the all time greats in that regard. And that makes him a surefire hall of gamer and a legend. He absolutely deserves the kind of respect he's getting today.

I don't believe in clutch, so screw clutch, throw that crap all out. His defense at SS is obviously crap too. Still, he's #9 on the hit list. Number nine. He could have been a DH, case closed, there's no barely about it.

MMXcalibur 07-15-2014 09:13 PM

I haven't watched a pitch all season long, including this game, and I am 99.89% confident that Derek Jeter is going to get the All-Star Game MVP.

tk13 07-15-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10748711)

How sad is that?

Wasn't nearly as bad as Mark Redman. Ken Harvey at least had a solid first half the year he went. He had started to tail off by the break, but IIRC he was hitting over .350 most of that first half with double digit homers.

Mark Redman had a 5+ ERA. He was probably one of the worst All-Star players ever.

alnorth 07-15-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10748743)
I haven't watched a pitch all season long, including this game, and I am 99.89% confident that Derek Jeter is going to get the All-Star Game MVP.

without looking at anything, assuming the AL wins, that doesn't seem crazy to me. OK, I'm looking at in-game stats now...

OK I'm back. Trout is my first choice, but Jeter is a very close second. If the voters give it to him, I won't argue.