ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: how do we match up against Indy? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279627)

BossChief 12-16-2013 10:19 PM

Late Night Bullshit: how do we match up against Indy?

I don't think we need to respect their running game much, but I think they have a couple guys that will give us trouble in the passing game.

Do we have anybody that has the speed to cover TY Hilton?

How about Heyward-Bey?

Those two have the speed to really put a hurtin on us.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 10:24 PM

Sets up to be a shootout unless we can get pressure on Luck.

Urc Burry 12-16-2013 10:29 PM

I didn't realize that Lucks stats are damn near identical to Smiths

In58men 12-16-2013 10:30 PM

Kill the head and the body will die

RippedmyFlesh 12-16-2013 10:32 PM

I am glad they won this week. They are 10-0 following a loss since the start of 2012.

BossChief 12-16-2013 10:32 PM

I mean, it's not hard to practice the deep ball against our secondary when you have two burners like that.

When they practice, they can just put a cardboard cutout of Lewis and Demps back there in the secondary and it would be somewhat realistic and I don't think our corners can hang with them.

Flowers matches up well on the shorter stuff with either, but can't compete in the open field with either.

Cooper is a lot better than his current perception because of lacking safety help, but he is our fastest corner iirc and no way does he have the speed to stay with Hilton or DHB.

This is a game that our safeties need to answer the bell, or we are gonna have trouble not only this week, but also in the playoffs.

The Pass rush needs to "get home" a lot so that it limits their ability to take advantage of those long developing plays.

The Franchise 12-16-2013 10:34 PM

Heyward-Bey doesn't start. It's Hilton and Rogers.

RealSNR 12-16-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10286012)
I don't think we need to respect their running game much, but I think they have a couple guys that will give us trouble in the passing game.

Do we have anybody that has the speed to cover TY Hilton?

No, but from the perspective of my fantasy football team, Luck never ****ing throws to him anyway. :# So I think we'll be fine there.

Quote:

How about Heyward-Bey?
I'm not counting on shit with our defensive backs and Bob Sutton's inability to adjust to offenses.

BossChief 12-16-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10286090)
Heyward-Bey doesn't start. It's Hilton and Rogers.

You sure?

DHB is listed as their starter on their website and Rodgers only has 15 targets and 8 receptions.

The Franchise 12-16-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10286164)
You sure?

DHB is listed as their starter on their website and Rodgers only has 15 targets and 8 receptions.

DHB ran 4th string against the Texans. He was brought in on running plays to block. Yeah....I'm sure.

BossChief 12-16-2013 10:43 PM

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if DHB and Hilton have a combined >150 yards 2tds

Ace Gunner 12-16-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10286040)
Sets up to be a shootout unless we can get pressure on Luck.

with the new rules and officiating, all big games are a shootout

so the real answer is, if the Chiefs can outscore the Lucks, they win

I have the Chiefs winning this one

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 10:46 PM

With Cincinnati losing last night and Baltimore winning tonight, the odds of playing Indy over WCW are getting worse.

Granted, there are other factors, but for the most part, if we win Sunday, we probably play Indy.

If we lose Sunday, we probably play NE or the AFCN winner.

Saccopoo 12-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10286077)
I mean, it's not hard to practice the deep ball against our secondary when you have two burners like that.

When they practice, they can just put a cardboard cutout of Lewis and Demps back there in the secondary and it would be somewhat realistic and I don't think our corners can hang with them.

Flowers matches up well on the shorter stuff with either, but can't compete in the open field with either.

Cooper is a lot better than his current perception because of lacking safety help, but he is our fastest corner iirc and no way does he have the speed to stay with Hilton or DHB.

This is a game that our safeties need to answer the bell, or we are gonna have trouble not only this week, but also in the playoffs.

The Pass rush needs to "get home" a lot so that it limits their ability to take advantage of those long developing plays.

Thankfully, Bey has perhaps the worst hands in the entire NFL, Hilton is still nursing a shoulder problem and is 5'10" on a good day and their offensive line is struggling to protect Luck. As well, they can't run the ball for shit. It's a one man show at this point and Luck is forcing a lot at this point.

Personally, I think that we waffle stomp a mudhole in their ass.

BossChief 12-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10286172)
DHB ran 4th string against the Texans. He was brought in on running plays to block. Yeah....I'm sure.

That's strange, then. The official Indy website has the depth chart with DHB and Hilton as the starters and Rodgers as the third guy.

DHB has 30 catches and 62 targets.

Rodgers has 8 catches on 15 targets...that seems really low for a starter.