ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If not #1, where? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268954)

Micjones 01-16-2013 01:58 AM

If not #1, where?

The draftniks keep saying that Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 pick.
None of them say he isn't the top QB in the class though.
If we don't take him at #1 how far is he realistically going to fall?

I see no scenario where he falls out of the Top 10.

So if he's the top QB in a weak class...
QB is our biggest need...
And he's gonna go Top 10 anyway...

Why not at #1?

Am I wrong to say he won't fall out of the Top 10?

Discuss...

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9323366)

Why not at #1?

Discuss...

The Draftniks are reeruned. And they need to keep up business until April.

I mean Kiper had all the reeruns of the world convinced that Manti Te'o was going to be the #1 overall pick a month ago.

If these guys said, yeah, it's going to be Geno, then what else do they say for four months?

They got to sell newspapers somehow, keep their jobs relevant somehow, and what better way to do it than to keep flipping on guys right up until the actual draft.

It's going to be Geno.

And if it's not, he'll be gone by the second pick.

Sofa King 01-16-2013 02:07 AM

Mecca 01-16-2013 02:14 AM

I said this the other day if you don't take him 1 who the hell are you gonna take?

There's a good chnace 6 QB's go in the 1st.

Fairplay 01-16-2013 02:28 AM

I remember the 2007 draft. Brady Quinn was thought to go in the top ten. He was in the draft room, cameras would pan on him anytime a potential team might pick him. Then he kept dropping down and down. Eventually Brady went to a private room behind the watching eyes of everyone as the debacle unfolded. You felt embarrassed for the poor guy. This wasn't suppose to happen, not now!

Certain Chief fans on here were thinking the Chiefs should draft down and nab him, they had to have him! It could have been the golden moment to shine according to some of our draft "gurus" using that term loosely i might add.

Cleveland the next day was heralded in the sports pages that they stole the draft, even gave them an A grade.

I ask you, did Brady Quinn pan out over the years? Did He?

Mecca 01-16-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9323381)
I remember the 2007 draft. Brady Quinn was thought to go in the top ten. He was in the draft room, cameras would pan on him anytime a potential team might pick him. Then he kept dropping down and down. Eventually Brady went to a private room behind the watching eyes of everyone as the debacle unfolded. You felt embarrassed for the poor guy. This wasn't suppose to happen, not now!

Certain Chief fans on here were thinking the Chiefs should draft down and nab him, they had to have him! It could have been the golden moment to shine according to some of our draft "gurus" using that term loosely i might add.

Cleveland the next day was heralded in the sports pages that they stole the draft, even gave them an A grade.

Well that's nice and all is the moral of this that you are scared to take a QB just because?

munkey 01-16-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Why not at #1?

Discuss...

We still have Cashole... We don't need a QB

BryanBusby 01-16-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Brady Quinn got wrapped into a media shitstorm where they love to pop boners over everything Notre Dame. Notre Dame can **** off forever.

AussieChiefsFan 01-16-2013 04:55 AM

He should go #1, no discussion needed.

redsurfer11 01-16-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Why not at #1?

Discuss...

First off..........Lets see if he can beat Vince Young (3) and (6) on the Wonderlic Test. West Virginia is the top Basket Weaving school in the Nation.

CoMoChief 01-16-2013 05:41 AM

honestly? I say somewhere in the teens

ChiefMojo 01-16-2013 06:01 AM

My guess is if it isn't the #1 pick it will be with our 2nd pick. If the Chiefs feel there will be a run on QB's in the 1st, we need to take a QB with the #1 pick. With that said if the Chiefs have a feeling guys like Wilson and Glennon are going to be there in the 2nd, then just watch, they will wait.

None the less Geno is perfect for the WCO, so he SHOULD go #1!

Mr_Tomahawk 01-16-2013 06:51 AM

7-10

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:14 AM

trade the pick for a mid to late 1st round pick, and a couple 2nd/3rd round picks this year and next and a 1st next year ; something like that makes more sense

no QB worth the 1st pick and the team has LOTS of needs

Rasputin 01-16-2013 07:19 AM

Geno Smith not worth the number one he may fall all the way to the Jags or Raiders with their picks and they would be hailed brilliant to pick Geno Smith.

The Jags & Raiders are drooling over the prospect.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323452)
trade the pick for a mid to late 1st round pick, and a couple 2nd/3rd round picks this year and next and a 1st next year ; something like that makes more sense

It is far too soon to assume this.

Just wait.

3 months from now, Smith will be the obvious choice.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

What team is going to trade up?

And for who?

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:33 AM

If Smith is worth trading up for, or another player is that exciting, then why are the Chiefs even moving down?

If Reid and Dorsey like Albert, he'll be re-signed before the draft. Then you know Joeckel will not be the pick.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:35 AM

Andy is a master of trading down and accumulating picks, Geno is not the answer at #1, the team needs LOTS of players

a no brainer in my mind

more realistic that Andy trades for Kevin Kobb and accumulates draft picks to stock the whole roster and then keeps his eye out for another franchise QB

Rasputin 01-16-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323484)
Andy is a master of trading down and accumulating picks, Geno is not the answer at #1, the team needs LOTS of players

a no brainer in my mind

more realistic that Andy trades for Kevin Kobb and accumulates draft picks to stock the whole roster and then keeps his eye out for another franchise QB

Stupid. BTW Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick & your dumb if you don't think so. Just ****ing dumb.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

a no brainer in my mind

Lol, another? Who's the first? We have a front row seat for Andy to "keep his eye out" for a franchise QB.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

a no brainer in my mind

How are you trading down if no one is interested in trading up?

oldman 01-16-2013 07:43 AM

What are most teams willing to trade up for? A QB, plain and simple. So if there's no QB worth the #1 pick, what makes you think we'll have any trading partners?

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9323501)
What are most teams willing to trade up for? A QB, plain and simple. So if there's no QB worth the #1 pick, what makes you think we'll have any trading partners?

Exactly.

And no one is going to give up picks for a LT.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9323492)
Lol, another? Who's the first? We have a front row seat for Andy to "keep his eye out" for a franchise QB.

was it Len Dawson? hehe

Psyko Tek 01-16-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

but who wants the number 1 pick?
to trade somebody has to want the spot
not seeing it

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:53 AM

might be a package deal that includes players, etc.

if you really think Geno at #1 then so be it but i'd then call you a dope, otherwise the best option is to trade out of #1 and aim for more picks

e.g. how about trading with the 49ers for Alex Smith and a bunch of their picks? you then ride Alex for a year or two while you find and groom "the guy", probably even get a QB with the Niners pick

not saying that's the one but something creative like that, a "Reid like move", check his draft record and you will see many trades like this although to be fair they didn't involve the top pick

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323515)

if you really think Geno at #1 then so be it but i'd then call you a dope, otherwise the best option is to trade out of #1 and aim for more picks

e.g. how about trading with the 49ers for Alex Smith and a bunch of their picks? you then ride Alex for a year or two while you find and groom "the guy", probably even get a QB with the Niners pick

not saying that's the one but something creative like that, a "Reid like move", check his draft record and you will see many trades like this although to be fair they didn't involve the top pick

LMAO

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:57 AM

i see how you got all those posts Dave

you guys want a QB so bad that your desperation numbs what little brain power you command, there ain't one out there worth a top pick and the gameday roster is 53 players

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9323373)
I said this the other day if you don't take him 1 who the hell are you gonna take?

There's a good chnace 6 QB's go in the 1st.

Identify your #1 team need
Research and Scout your targets
Go get your target. Who cares where hes selected as long as he pans out.

Chiefs should have drafted Flacco over Dorsey or Albert, and i dont even think Flacco is an "all world" talent.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

i ask you, did Aaron Rodgers pan out over the years? Did He?

spend another decade afraid of failure...also don't step outside..something bad might happen, oh noes!

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

how about you fist yourself to death....and send us a gif of it

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9323526)
Identify your #1 team need
Research and Scout your targets
Go get your target. Who cares where hes selected as long as he pans out.

Chiefs should have drafted Flacco over Dorsey or Albert, and i dont even think Flacco is an "all world" talent.

agreed, BUT get that guy as far down in the draft as you can and still make sure to get him

would you really have wanted Flacco as the #1 pick overall? it ain't like we are one player from the SB and we can be further down and still get Geno if he is the dude

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323522)

you guys want a QB so bad that your desperation numbs what little brain power you command, there ain't one out there worth a top pick and the gameday roster is 53 players

Can you do simple math?

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9323531)
how about you fist yourself to death....and send us a gif of it

my god, the intellect on here is truly intimidating

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9323537)
Can you do simple math?

all you need to know is that i make a helluva spaghetti and meatballs

Imon Yourside 01-16-2013 08:07 AM

We can't take a QB #1, because the QB might fail. Meanwhile if we take a lineman they could also fail, so what gives? We're supposed to play it conservative like the Donkeys did? That worked out so well.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:07 AM

The Combine is over a month away.

The private workouts and pro days come in March.

Just wait.

cookster50 01-16-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9323396)
We still have Cashole... We don't need a QB

You shut your whore mouth!

Imon Yourside 01-16-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9323547)
The Combine is over a month away.

The private workouts and pro days come in March.

Just wait.

I can't, I'm already tired of the bullshit. If it isn't CP then it's the dipshits that call into the talk shows that heard Mel Kiper say this QB class is horrible. None seem to have an original ****ing thought.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323534)
agreed, BUT get that guy as far down in the draft as you can and still make sure to get him

would you really have wanted Flacco as the #1 pick overall? it ain't like we are one player from the SB and we can be further down and still get Geno if he is the dude

who gives a shit about mythical 'value'?

Jake Long was drafted #1 in 2008

are you saying you wouldn't draft Flacco #1 over him?

this should be a lesson for everyone, the lesson of Jake Long

anyone who thinks a LT is worth a #1 pick but a QB isn't is a ****ing moron

cookster50 01-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323541)
all you need to know is that i like to suck on spaghetti and lick meatballs

Obvious troll is obvious

bevischief 01-16-2013 08:11 AM

ROFL:popcorn:

ChiefGator 01-16-2013 08:13 AM

In a stunning move, the Chiefs have forfit their #1 draft pick, saying "We didn't see anyone worthy of the #1 overall draft pick, so rather than reach, we decided to forfit the pick."

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9323553)
who gives a shit about mythical 'value'?

Jake Long was drafted #1 in 2008

are you saying you wouldn't draft Flacco #1 over him?

this should be a lesson for everyone, the lesson of Jake Long

anyone who thinks a LT is worth a #1 pick but a QB isn't is a ****ing moron

Exactly......also, the Dolphins waited until the 2nd round in 2008 to draft their QB and nabbed Henne. Yep, it pays to wait until later.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:17 AM

we drafted albert over a QB from Delaware

no risk!

great value!

and we have dick to show for it, while that QB from Delaware - who threw for 189 yards against the Delaware State Hornets - is going to his 3rd AFC Championship Game

Canofbier 01-16-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323522)

You're getting on your soapbox and telling us all how Smith isn't worth the #1 overall pick. That's fine, it's a point of view that was recognized in the original post. What you haven't covered, interestingly enough, is the question that is then presented to you as the primary subject in this thread: If we don't take Geno, who will? Would he fall out of the Top 10? The Top 5?

If he is worth taking at 3 or 5 or 7, why isn't he worth taking at 1? He's the same player either way, and the players with the highest potential (supposedly) in the draft match spots on our roster that are already adequate, if not strong (LT, NT, OLB). Here's your chance to argue your point and redeem yourself from looking like an awful troll.

Lbedrock1 01-16-2013 08:20 AM

I look at it like this, the draft is a crap shoot that either works out for you or doesn't. Let's take the chance with Geno and get another QB later in the draft. When we look at it we know that Brady should have been in the first round the way he has worked out, so the draft experts are wrong sometimes. I think with this new coaching staff Geno can be successful. All we need is to average at least one TD a game and that will be improvement.

ChiefGator 01-16-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lbedrock1 (Post 9323571)
All we need is to average at least one TD a game and that will be improvement.

Exactly. If we can just the turnovers from the QB position closer to the number of TDs from the QB, that will be a huge improvement.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:26 AM

you are right Talking Can, Jake Long is the perfect example

if there isn't a guy there at #1 that you are absolutely positive about then the smart value is to trade down, QB or not

we need a boatload of players and if there isn't a franchise QB at the top pick and you can get another one with similar potential later in the round then the smart move is to move the pick and get several good players

Dave is right about there being more input to come...

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323592)
you are right Talking Can, Jake Long is the perfect example

if there isn't a guy there at #1 that you are absolutely positive about then the smart value is to trade down, QB or not

we need a boatload of players and if there isn't a franchise QB at the top pick and you can get another one with similar potential later in the round then the smart move is to move the pick and get several good players

Dave is right about there being more input to come...

good grief...

its so painful...this fanbase....

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:30 AM

i admit that i don't know exactly where Geno should be valued but i'm convinced that we can get him (or QB of very similar value) later on in the 1st round and in that case it makes every sense in the world to try to trade down

that's an honest opinion and yes just one opinion

ChiefGator 01-16-2013 08:34 AM

Geno Smith will be taken in the top five picks of the draft.. you can BANK ON IT, barring a major stumble in the combines. (And usually good QB's rise throughout the combine process)

That is what is so stupid about this discussion.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9323622)
Geno Smith will be taken in the top five picks of the draft.. you can BANK ON IT.

That is what is so stupid about this discussion.

e.g. there is good value in a trade down to #5 if that team wants to move up ; looking at the mock drafts Geno isn't anywhere near top 5, not yet anyway, course QB's do go up as we get closer

in the end it don't matter what we think and Reid is a documented down trader so the chances are really good that we get that result

i predict a trade down and then an OL pick a bit later in the 1st

keg in kc 01-16-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

There was a reason Quinn dropped. He had character issues that were uncovered in the evaluation process. Most people didn't know about that until late in the game. That's how it works, we have to go on the information we have, and so far there aren't any of that kind of negative on Smith. Maybe there will be in April. Maybe there won't. Who knows. But it's a porous argument, because Quinn should have dropped, based on his character, and I think everyone would agree with that, now that we have the information. And I think everyone would be okay with the team not drafting Smith, if there was something like that on the books about him.

Otherwise, I have yet to hear a good, valid explanation for why Smith is not a #1 caliber pick. I hear a lot of hemming and hawing and "well, I don't actually know very much about him, but he isn't any good IMO" and "he lost 6 games, he sux!", but I have yet to see any meaningful point against him made that can't be countered (to an extensive degree in most cases) with actual video evidence.

People are just gunshy.

Fat Elvis 01-16-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

a no brainer in my mind

I hate you because that is entirely possible. Arizona has the #7 pick. I could very easily see Reid trading the #1 pick for Arizona's first this year and next + Kolb.

(According to the draft value charts, the trade up value from AZ's #7 position to our #1 is their first this year and next + their second round pick. Basically, we would trade the second round pick we would otherwise pick up for Kolb. That is just way too much like how our last regime started.)

keg in kc 01-16-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9323671)
I hate you because that is entirely possible. Arizona has the #7 pick. I could very easily see Reid trading the #1 pick for Arizona's first this year and next + Kolb.

(According to the draft value charts, the trade up value from AZ's #7 position to our #1 is their first this year and next + their second round pick. Basically, we would trade the second round pick we would otherwise pick up for Kolb. That is just way too much like how our last regime started.)

It would be exactly how our last regime started. God, what a disaster that would be.

Molitoth 01-16-2013 08:54 AM

Kiper just said that there will be ZERO QB's taken in the First round this year. ROFL.

King_Chief_Fan 01-16-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

that is not a bad trade.......Kolb may not be the QB everyone wants, but I think it is fair to say he is far ahead of Cassel

Rasputin 01-16-2013 08:56 AM

Jagwads and Faiders are sitting right behind us. Who would want Geno Smith go to the raiders? **** that. Geno Smith could go to the Jags or Raiders that is the risk we will take him going to the raiders.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

If Reid truly liked Kolb, why did he allow him to leave Philly?

If Reid really has a mancrush on Vick, as you say, then why did he bench Vick?

Vick was a turnover machine. Just like Cassel.

None of your speculation makes any sense.

I'll happily admit I was wrong if any of this happens.

I'm fairly confident none of it will.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9323680)
that is not a bad trade.......Kolb may not be the QB everyone wants, but I think it is fair to say he is far ahead of Cassel

:facepalm:

keg in kc 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9323680)

We need to raise that bar quite a bit. And we need to get as far away as we can from the the mentality of the 90s Chiefs on QBs.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9323679)
Kiper just said that there will be ZERO QB's taken in the First round this year. ROFL.

Wow LMAO

crazycoffey 01-16-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

kiper knows jack

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 09:00 AM

hey gang, let's start our new regime with Matt Kolb!

excited yet!?!

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

jesus, such a moron

it's like all the scouts were replaced with Chiefs fans

Rasputin 01-16-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

I came accross this and negrep your ass. Anyone to suggest Alex Smith gets neg hit over the head.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:08 AM

i see some other opinions popping up here, hehe

the move for Kolb makes sense on so many angles IF you are thinking like Andy (remember that Andy is the one who drafted Kolb from the beginning and he really likes him), doubt that trade would work out cause i don't really see Kolb being the answer but as a stop gap, who knows...

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9323707)
I came accross this and negrep your ass. Anyone to suggest Alex Smith gets neg hit over the head.

i think that is very fair, i deserved that for not being more diligent in my example

i actually don't mean that we should get Smith, just pointing out a scenario, probably short have used Kolb as the example, don't like him either but...

feel free to negrep some more

Imon Yourside 01-16-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323709)
i see some other opinions popping up here, hehe

the move for Kolb makes sense on so many angles IF you are thinking like Andy (remember that Andy is the one who drafted Kolb from the beginning and he really likes him), doubt that trade would work out cause i don't really see Kolb being the answer but as a stop gap, who knows...

LMAO Your trolling efforts are not even remotely effective, run along to school you're late.

Rasputin 01-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323713)
i think that is very fair, i deserved that for not being more diligent in my example

i actually don't mean that we should get Smith, just pointing out a scenario, probably short have used Kolb as the example, don't like him either but...

feel free to negrep some more

Anything to suggest a retread QB is just stupid. Stupid man. I was trying to be nice I just can't take it especially an Alex Smith for this team.

We need to draft our own QB to groom and take us over the top with. Who knows if Geno Smith will work out but I'd like us to try with him as it's something we havn't done in over 30 years. I like what I have seen and the kid is coachable & is ready to learn how to be great. Change our past we change our future with picking a QB like Geno Smith with our number one pick. It is that simple.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9323721)
LMAO Your trolling efforts are not even remotely effective, run along to school you're late.

if i wanted to troll i wouldn't be posting honest opinions on here

maybe you don't like it but Kolb is a very real possibility as the starter next year, Andy loves him, loves to trade down and stock picks, etc.

again, do some homework and look at Reid's draft record, he does something like that nearly every single year

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

There have obviously been some bad QB drafts before.....but when was the last time that happened, if ever?

Molitoth 01-16-2013 09:21 AM

I just don't see how these draft guru's do not think Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson are easy top ten picks in a QB driven league.... especially when there are no other position mega-stars in the draft this year.

and Mike Glennon? FFS

Strongside 01-16-2013 09:23 AM

Gil Brandt says he isn't worth the #1 but picks him to go #3 to the Raiders. ****ing. Idiot.

If he's worth it at three, are we really reaching?

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9323726)
Anything to suggest a retread QB is just stupid. Stupid man. I was trying to be nice I just can't take it especially an Alex Smith for this team.

We need to draft our own QB to groom and take us over the top with. Who knows if Geno Smith will work out but I'd like us to try with him as it's something we havn't done in over 30 years. I like what I have seen and the kid is coachable & is ready to learn how to be great. Change our past we change our future with picking a QB like Geno Smith with our number one pick. It is that simple.

i agree 100% with what you want to do, my belief is that you can get that guy further down in the draft AND other picks as well

OR

you can decide to go, e.g. the Kolb route, and then get that new QB guy next year while you build the rest of the team this year and use a vet QB who knows Reid's system in the meantime

what i don't want to do is waste the value of the #1 pick on a QB that you could get anyway at, e.g. #7 and then have an additional 2nd round pick, etc.

what is so bad about this scenario?

trade with the Cards by swapping #1 and #7 in the 1st round where we take Geno plus we get Kolb and the Cards 2nd round pick?

Kolb can then help groom Geno and teach him Reid's offense, etc. and Geno can start later in 2013 once the O Line is stable and everyone knows who to block, etc. in the new scheme ; much better than throwing Geno in there to get his head taken off early, dash his confidence, etc.

Oh Snap 01-16-2013 09:25 AM

Geno Smith could potentially shoot up the draft board over the next few months.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9323745)
Gil Brandt says he isn't worth the #1 but picks him to go #3 to the Raiders. ****ing. Idiot.

If he's worth it at three, are we really reaching?

ROFL What a dumbass.

He's good enough at #3 but not 1?

Ugh, the draft cannot come soon enough.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323728)
if i wanted to troll i wouldn't be posting honest opinions on here

maybe you don't like it but Kolb is a very real possibility as the starter next year, Andy loves him, loves to trade down and stock picks, etc.

again, do some homework and look at Reid's draft record, he does something like that nearly every single year

Great, another BlackBob mult.

Again, can we just assume that this is allowed now per forum rules?