ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   That's a good half of defense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122563)

Alphaman 08-27-2005 08:08 PM

That's a good half of defense

If you we can stop the run like that all year long, we'll be fine on D. Surtain got beat a couple of times, but I believe that will be the exception and not the rule.

NewChief 08-27-2005 08:11 PM

No shit. Think about if our first team O would have been in the whole time. We would have hung another 7 to 21 points on them most likely, which would have just made the D kick ass that much harder. If...and it's a big if...we can stay healthy, especially on Offense, things could go well this year.

the Talking Can 08-27-2005 08:16 PM

agree

we'll give up some pass yards with Gun's blitz addiction...but if we stop the run we'll be alright...no cut bakc runs tonight...no giant gaps...lots of steady play on the DL, and DJ and Kawika are looking better every snap...

Alphaman 08-27-2005 08:28 PM

OK...that drive wasn't so good. McCleon has to make that interception catch.

Davechief 08-27-2005 08:35 PM

kawika looks good, secondary is giving up a few yards, but run defense appears stout.

milkman 08-27-2005 08:39 PM

It was a good first half of defense against the run.

But if our corners keep lining up 10 yards off, then teams are continue to bitch slap us with the slant.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2005 08:41 PM

Holthus just said the Hawks ran FORTY-SEVEN plays in the first half.

Our offense was barely on the field. D did well.

the Talking Can 08-27-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Holthus just said the Hawks ran FORTY-SEVEN plays in the first half.

Our offense was barely on the field. D did well.

yeah...our D got screwed by Quinn...if Green stays in we're by 14 and its a different ball game...all in all, I was very pleased...they look more fundamentally sound than last year..and Sims is playing hard

htismaqe 08-27-2005 09:31 PM

Where's Phobia? He made a wisecrack earlier today about holding Alexander to 10 yards. We held him to 23 yards. Not bad at all.

Katipan 08-27-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Where's Phobia? He made a wisecrack earlier today about holding Alexander to 10 yards. We held him to 23 yards. Not bad at all.

No huge runs the entire game.

Bravo Chiefies.

beer bacon 08-27-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
No huge runs the entire game.

Bravo Chiefies.

Alexander = 9 carries for 7 yards.

petegz28 08-27-2005 10:04 PM

Surtain was beat one what one would call a perfectly placed pass. He couldn't do anything about it excpet commit a penalty. These things, they will happen.

Rain Man 08-27-2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
It was a good first half of defense against the run.

But if our corners keep lining up 10 yards off, then teams are continue to bitch slap us with the slant.

This drives me nuts.

We've been doing it for years. Maybe there's some justification for it now since the rules are so screwed up in terms of letting WRs run wild, but it still drives me nuts.

milkman 08-27-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
This drives me nuts.

We've been doing it for years. Maybe there's some justification for it now since the rules are so screwed up in terms of letting WRs run wild, but it still drives me nuts.

Actually, because of the rules, there is no justification.
If you're gonna bump the receiver, you better be in his face, presnap.