ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is Flacco really worth that much? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270631)

Imon Yourside 09-06-2013 07:25 AM

No.

notorious 09-06-2013 07:28 AM

Flacco sure as hell had an elite run in the playoffs.

That is all that you can ask of your QB; Get it done when it counts the most.

Alex Smiff 09-06-2013 07:29 AM

Should have traded for Alex Smith.

ChiefsCountry 09-06-2013 07:39 AM

Alex Smith taint lockers think Flacco is average is pure comedy gold.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside 09-06-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9943912)
Posted via Mobile Device

He's good, just not worthy of #1 player in the league.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-06-2013 08:23 AM

Worth more than Axl ever will be, and that's all you need to know.

-King- 09-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9943912)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hes a franchise QB but he'll always be in the 10-16 range as far as QBs are concerned. He may end his career with only one or two 4000 yard seasons.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 09-06-2013 08:41 AM

I wonder if Alex Smith would have been a top 5 paid QB in NFL history if he won the Superbowl in 2011. Seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawrenceRaider 09-06-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9944064)
I wonder if Alex Smith would have been a top 5 paid QB in NFL history if he won the Superbowl in 2011. Seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean if he hadn't gone Alex Smith at the worst possible time?

DJ's left nut 09-06-2013 09:41 AM

I've said it several times - Joe Flacco isn't better than Alex Smith, he's just different.

Flacco is a bomber. He's going to challenge downfield a lot and miss a lot. He's equally inaccurate at pretty much all levels. There's nothing accurate or consistent about Joe Flacco as a passer - the guy just flat misses passes at a pretty alarming rate, as we saw last night.

But the Ravens have made him the perfect example of how an erratic passer should be used. If you can't be counted on to throw a 10 yard slant accurately (where it could easily be picked), might as well chuck it downfield where you can pick up a PI or a high reward play. Worst case scenario is a pick that operates as a punt. That's exactly how you utilize QBs like Flacco and Manning it's how you should utilize guys that are even worse than that (Sanchez is my favorite example).

Smith is the opposite - he's exceptionally accurate and consistent on the short passes so that's how best to utilize him.

If you were to grade their overall effectiveness, they're both B- quarterbacks. Flacco just does it in an entirely different way than Smith does.

Alex Smiff 09-06-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9944193)
I've said it several times - Joe Flacco isn't better than Alex Smith, he's just different.

Flacco is a bomber. He's going to challenge downfield a lot and miss a lot. He's equally inaccurate at pretty much all levels. There's nothing accurate or consistent about Joe Flacco as a passer - the guy just flat misses passes at a pretty alarming rate, as we saw last night.

But the Ravens have made him the perfect example of how an erratic passer should be used. If you can't be counted on to throw a 10 yard slant accurately (where it could easily be picked), might as well chuck it downfield where you can pick up a PI or a high reward play. Worst case scenario is a pick that operates as a punt. That's exactly how you utilize QBs like Flacco and Manning it's how you should utilize guys that are even worse than that (Sanchez is my favorite example).

Smith is the opposite - he's exceptionally accurate and consistent on the short passes so that's how best to utilize him.

If you were to grade their overall effectiveness, they're both B- quarterbacks. Flacco just does it in an entirely different way than Smith does.

Although I don't think Flacco is that great, he's still better than LIMITED Alex Smith.

DJ's left nut 09-06-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9944211)
Although I don't think Flacco is that great, he's still better than LIMITED Alex Smith.

Joe Flacco is also limited.

Smith's limitations are downfield passing. Flaccos are ball control, accuracy and mobility.

Jakemall 09-06-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9944193)

Flacco is more exciting than Alex because he will throw it deep. With that said, your comments are on the money. It didn't hurt that last season he had Boldin who would catch the ball as long as it was near him. He's going to look very bad this season, imo.

If you don't have super star WRs like Boldin, you're probably better off with Alex.

O.city 09-06-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9944223)
Joe Flacco is also limited.

Smith's limitations are downfield passing. Flaccos are ball control, accuracy and mobility.

In terms of qbs here on cp, it's elite or bust.

Mr. Laz 09-06-2013 10:07 AM

This is the first time Flacco will be asked to carry a team and i'm not sure he can. Maybe it was just a shock factor and he will adjust but i don't know.

Flacco looked a bit Cutler-esque last night to me.