ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Will a woman play in the NFL someday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270212)

LiveSteam 02-20-2013 02:12 PM

I would use Bernice from South Side Towing as a run stopper in short yardage situations any day of the week

CoMoChief 02-20-2013 02:22 PM

only as a kicker...possibly. I could see that in the future.

any other position that mainly requires contact? absolutely not in my lifetime.

but who knows....maybe eventually NFL will become National Flagfootball League and then maybe women would be able to play.

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 02:56 PM

There will be a female kicker at some point.

probably a punter

i guess a female QB is feasible, but i dunno ... i would think a female would get crushed the first real sack from a 300+ pound lineman.

Lzen 02-20-2013 02:58 PM

I just never have liked the idea of women playing men's sports. Our bodies are built differently. Plus, there are other issues when mixing genders in this way.

I was at the Y last night playing hoops. After playing a few games I was sitting out a game watching when this small girl who had just arrived with a group of guys got in the next game. I rarely see girls play with us guys out there and usually it's for good reason.

I sat back and watched the game and noticed that she was hacking quite a bit when making a steal or when trying to keep someone from getting up a good shot. Now don't get me wrong, she was not a bad player. She had a decent mid range shot and played the passing lanes well for steals. But her size was a problem for her, especially on defense.

When I got in the next game, I grabbed a rebound with the intention of putting it back in. I knew she was right next to/behind me. So, I gave her a good bump to clear some space to put it back in. My boys commented about that later. I simply said that I had seen her hacking people to prevent them from making their shots earlier and I wasn't about to let her do that to me. There were a few times that she tried to set a screen on me. In cases like that, I will just about run through the screen so that the screener thinks twice about doing that again. Or you had better know how to set a solid screen. With this girl being about 80 or more lbs less than me, that was almost unfair. :D Needless to say, she didn't try to screen me very much.

But you know the way I see it, if she wants to play with the big boys then she has to know that she's gonna get banged around like that because that's what we do to each other. It's just how basketball is played. And she's gotta be able to take it or go play with the girls. She actually didn't have a problem with it so I respected her for that.

But the other problem was that when she had the ball my middle son (16 years) didn't want to block her. Keep in mind that this is the boy that will block anyone (including and especially me) if he gets the chance. But he didn't play as hard of defense against her simply because she was a girl. That's ridiculous. I gave him crap about it later, though.

tooge 02-20-2013 02:58 PM

kicker only. Then they'd have to come up with some new sexual tackling rules or guys would basically be hump tackling them whenever they got a chance.

Hootie 02-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9419487)
I just never have liked the idea of women playing men's sports. Our bodies are built differently. Plus, there are other issues when mixing genders in this way.

I was at the Y last night playing hoops. After playing a few games I was sitting out a game watching when this small girl who had just arrived with a group of guys got in the next game. I rarely see girls play with us guys out there and usually it's for good reason.

I sat back and watched the game and noticed that she was hacking quite a bit when making a steal or when trying to keep someone from getting up a good shot. Now don't get me wrong, she was not a bad player. She had a decent mid range shot and played the passing lanes well for steals. But her size was a problem for her, especially on defense.

When I got in the next game, I grabbed a rebound with the intention of putting it back in. I knew she was right next to/behind me. So, I gave her a good bump to clear some space to put it back in. My boys commented about that later. I simply said that I had seen her hacking people to prevent them from making their shots earlier and I wasn't about to let her do that to me. There were a few times that she tried to set a screen on me. In cases like that, I will just about run through the screen so that the screener thinks twice about doing that again. Or you had better know how to set a solid screen. With this girl being about 80 or more lbs less than me, that was almost unfair. :D Needless to say, she didn't try to screen me very much.

But you know the way I see it, if she wants to play with the big boys then she has to know that she's gonna get banged around like that because that's what we do to each other. It's just how basketball is played. And she's gotta be able to take it or go play with the girls. She actually didn't have a problem with it so I respected her for that.

But the other problem was that when she had the ball my middle son (16 years) didn't want to block her. Keep in mind that this is the boy that will block anyone (including and especially me) if he gets the chance. But he didn't play as hard of defense against her simply because she was a girl. That's ridiculous. I gave him crap about it later, though.

Because he's a gentleman?

Lzen 02-20-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9419495)

Screw that! Win or lose? I want to win!

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9419495)

which is a conceptual problem for sports too.

Deberg_1990 02-20-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9419487)

Yea, i could potentially see that as a problem. Guys wont play as physical against a girl...we are just wired that way.

Chief Gump 02-20-2013 03:13 PM

Probably see a lot more of this...

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/ima...mendenhump.gif

beach tribe 02-20-2013 03:19 PM

Hot!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0jzYpSrpVqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe 02-20-2013 03:23 PM

Lulz. KU.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AyJIq_BNPME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Dude palying for KU looks 40.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-20-2013 06:30 PM

Can't even win a fictional game

BlackHelicopters 02-20-2013 06:32 PM

Can you play football from the kitchen?

Canofbier 02-20-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9420135)
Can you play football from the kitchen?

Honestly, though, wouldn't it be pretty ****ing cool if a woman was able to be competitive in the NFL at any position at all? I'd root for her.