ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I have no doubt that Steve corrected the issue promptly.

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

I still have the written apology from the Principal.

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

:thumb:

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:29 PM

Well, I anticipate my younger son being labeled with something at some point...

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

football or soccer...?

soccer moms...another example.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
:thumb:

Birds of a feather, my friend.

|Zach| 11-06-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"

I'll slap ya to sleep and slap ya for sleepin!

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"

Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

My mom used to tell me crap, then expect something different. Her phrase:

"Do what I mean, not what I say."

She grounded me for a week once for some s**t she "knew I got away with."

TheNextStep 11-06-2003 10:56 PM

My Dad's favorite was when I would say "I'm bored." He'd respond, "And I wasn't put on this Earth to entertain you. Find something to do or I'll find something for you."

I usually found something.

Mosbonian 11-06-2003 11:00 PM

Russ:

You handled it like I would have.....I have one for you just like yours....

My son, a 5th grader, is already 5'6", and weighs 158 lbs, and towers over everyone in his school pretty much. He is pretty much like i have brought him up to be...don't look to start to fights, but if they come for a visit, make company welcome!

So about a month ago, there is this new kid that comes to his class...he's about a foot shorter than my son, but he figures that to make his "rep" in the school he's gonna make fun of and challenge my son. He spends the better part of the week telling all the kids in earshot how he is gonna kick my son's ass...so when asked on Friday by all those he has bragged to, why he hasn't beat my son up yet, he decides there is no way out....so when they are outside he starts pushing Jacob around...at first Jacob ignores him, because the kid can't push hard enough to even make him notice....so instead he pushes one of the kids that my son is playing a game with...when Jacob grabs him and puts him in a bear hug, the kids starts crying like a baby. We are called to school to discuss my son's "aggressive tendencies" and the need for counseling and/or medication.

Unlike your situation Russ, we didn't need an Inquisition..all we had to do is ask the witnesses...the other kids in the yard, and those to whom the new kid had been bragging to and we had our answer.

After all this had subsided, the principal still tried to convince us that young fellas like my son, who are abnormally larger than kids his age, usually use it to their advantage and are bullies. And that the best thing we could do for him was to get him counseling now, before he starts, so that, as Barney Fife would put it, we could nip it in the bud. Sensing my wife was going to give the Principal a show-and-tell version of what real aggressive tendencies were, I stood up, told the principal that this meeting was over with, and so was this incident...

mmaddog

Frazod 11-06-2003 11:17 PM

Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the fuck kind of message does that send? Be a fucking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321

Taco John 11-06-2003 11:22 PM

I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Frazod 11-06-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Are you sure that juice is from a cucumber? :D

KS Smitty 11-06-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the fuck kind of message does that send? Be a fucking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321

That's a Frazod rant, the topic header was much too long, Tim's rants are short succinct and to the point. :thumb:

Michael Michigan 11-06-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi

Two Words.

Military School.

Frazod 11-07-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Two Words.

Military School.

I'll tell you, if I had a son, and could afford it, I'd seriously consider this option.

I'm assuming this would be an environment where competition would be encouraged and being a pussy wouldn't.