ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cap casualty season: Here are some likely big-name victims (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269727)

Sorter 02-05-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9381190)
Hes not very good.

But he has a more than excellent understanding of the WCo and is a solid teacher. Would absolutely shell out 2-3M to keep him as a backup and for him to mentor Geno.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 09:10 PM

Cut Tyson Jackson and use his money to sign Will Smith to a short term deal.

We need somebody on this ****ing defensive line who doesn't suck balls. We haven't had a good 1/3/5 technique player since Neil ****ing Smith.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 09:13 PM

Anyone want to add Steve Hutchinson for one or two years? We've got enough young talented interior linemen, we just need time. Let Hutch finish out his career here then see what Jeff Allen's got.

At least that would save us from having to waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on ANOTHER ****ing guard again.

Sorter 02-05-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9381331)
Anyone want to add Steve Hutchinson for one or two years? We've got enough young talented interior linemen, we just need time. Let Hutch finish out his career here then see what Jeff Allen's got.

At least that would save us from having to waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on ANOTHER ****ing guard again.

I wouldn't hate it but personally I'd rather just throw Allen into the fire and see what he's got. I think he's got solid upside. Wouldn't be opposed to having Hutch mentor him for a year or two.

ModSocks 02-05-2013 09:26 PM

I'd take Finley and Champ.

Champ would be a good 1-2 year rental. He's still good, even if he isn't elite anymore and fills a need opposite Flowers (if he's willing to switch sides). Probably a damn good mentor too.

Sorter 02-05-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9381359)

Champ would be a good 1-2 year rental. He's still good, even if he isn't elite anymore and fills a need opposite Flowers (if he's willing to switch sides). Probably a damn good mentor too.

If they cut Champ, I'm shelling out some serious $$$ for him to teach Rhodes(if we draft him) and the rest of our sorry corners sans Flowers.

NJChiefsFan 02-05-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9381351)
I wouldn't hate it but personally I'd rather just throw Allen into the fire and see what he's got. I think he's got solid upside. Wouldn't be opposed to having Hutch mentor him for a year or two.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9381362)
If they cut Champ, I'm shelling out some serious $$$ for him to teach Rhodes(if we draft him) and the rest of our sorry corners sans Flowers.

I don't agree.

At least not with "serious $$$". I don't think he is worth it anymore.

Rausch 02-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9380966)
He is THE guy we need as our backup for next year.

I'd love it.

He'd be solid depth, leader, and can still play good enough to win should he have to fill in a few games.

And the best part is there's no reason to fear he'd end up being named the starter at this point in his career...

Mother****erJones 02-05-2013 09:51 PM

Would love bailey with flowers and berry

petegz28 02-05-2013 10:02 PM

I'd bring in Darius Heyward-Bey for a look

RyFo18 02-05-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9381359)

I think Finley is one of the more overrated TE's in the league. 80% of Packers fans up here hate him.

If you think Bowe drops a lot of balls, Finley the exact same, if not worse. IMO the only thing Finley has that Moeaki doesn't is better health and an all-pro QB.

hometeam 02-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9380953)
With all the "ZOMG ALEX SMIFF IS TEH BEST QB EVAR FOR KC" talk, I'm surprised there aren't more people interested in Matt Hasselbeck. Like Reid, he's part of the Mike Holmgren tree and they were both in Green Bay during Hasselbeck's rookie season when Reid was the QB Coach, so they've at least got a little history.

He knows the West Coast offense, is a lot cheaper than A. Smith, and would likely come in with the knowledge that he's a stop gap until our #1 pick is ready to play, whenever that may be.

I know he's old and isn't as big of a name, but I see Hasselbeck as a much better fit than Alex Smith in KC. Perfect stopgap for a rookie QB, IMO.

I'm ok with this~ Hasselbeck and Smith. **** it, it's gotta be better than Cassel and co.

BossChief 02-05-2013 10:28 PM

Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Mercedes Lewis
Tyson Jackson

Chiefshrink 02-05-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9380711)
Do not want Finley.

I'm sure Dorsey doesn't either.

Sorter 02-05-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9381407)
I agree.

I don't agree.

At least not with "serious $$$". I don't think he is worth it anymore.

Serious meaning 3yrs/24M. He'll probably get a better offer if released but I'd love to have him help out our secondary. Pure fantasy though.