ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would You be OK With Trading Bowe For a 1st? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262010)

BossChief 08-02-2012 03:00 PM

Would You be OK With Trading Bowe For a 1st?

Lets say a contract cant be worked out because Pioli and Bowe are too far apart and it looks like Bowe will walk after this year or the only way to retain him is to tag him again.

Bowe has a 1100 yard season with 8-10 TDs and Baldwin has just over 1000 yards and has 7-9 TDs...would you be OK with trading Bowe to a team like Cleveland, NY or Miami for a single first round pick before next year starts?

The first round pick would fall into the 15-20 range.

CoMoChief 08-02-2012 03:02 PM

IF Baldwin pans out then yes you do it immediately.

Plus, if it's MIA or CLE's pick, chances are that 15-20 pick would be much higher. (unless you're assuming that MIA and CLE have mult 2013 1st rd picks).

HemiEd 08-02-2012 03:03 PM

No, not just a first. I would be ok with a deal similar to what they got for Jared Allen, maybe even a little sweeter.

Bowe is the best this team has EVER had IMO, and you can not discount the experience he has under his belt that a draft pick does not have.

He is in his prime, and this team needs to start winning now, as most of the talent is in it's prime or approaching it.

I think the BS about him not running correct or crisp routes is pure bullshit, and more crap to make an excuse for Cassel.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-02-2012 03:04 PM

**** no. You can't develop players into stars and watch them walk in hopes of doing it all over again. Get him ****ing signed. Pay the man.

durtyrute 08-02-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8786239)
Lets say a contract cant be worked out because Pioli and Bowe are too far apart and it looks like Bowe will walk after this year or the only way to retain him is to tag him again.

Bowe has a 1100 yard season with 8-10 TDs and Baldwin has just over 1000 yards and has 7-9 TDs...would you be OK with trading Bowe to a team like Cleveland, NY or Miami for a single first round pick before next year starts?

The first round pick would fall into the 15-20 range.

The question makes no sense. If a contract doesn't get worked out, then I would hope they would try to get a first or at least a second. What is the other option in your scenario, let him walk?

edit: I didn't see the poll. If what we are offering is reasonable and he still doesn't sign then trade him. I don't want to franchise him again when it would appear that he doesn't want to be here.

jd1020 08-02-2012 03:05 PM

In a heart beat. Don't know he'd fetch a 1st, though.

notorious 08-02-2012 03:05 PM

I prefer that he stays, but:

1st and a 3rd would be a decent consolation prize.

philfree 08-02-2012 03:06 PM

No because we'll have to tag him anyway and Yes because he's to good to let just walk.

Hammock Parties 08-02-2012 03:06 PM

Might as well, because either way we will be needing a QB.

Trade Bowe, go get a QB.

But none of this will happen. We'll lose Bowe, get nothing in return, and get no QB.

jd1020 08-02-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8786261)
**** no. You can't develop players into stars and watch them walk in hopes of doing it all over again. Get him ****ing signed. Pay the man.

Receivers are a dime a dozen. This team needs a QB more than it needs Bowe.

J Diddy 08-02-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8786265)
I prefer that he stays, but:

1st and a 3rd would be a decent consolation prize.

I agree with that. We have a 1st invested in him, to get just one back is backwards thinking.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-02-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8786269)
Might as well, because either way we will be needing a QB.

Trade Bowe, go get a QB.

But none of this will happen. We'll lose Bowe, get nothing in return, and get no QB.

Interdasting scenario. If we were able to get a high enough pick to package with our pick in order to move up to grab a legitimate franchise QB, there isn't anyone on the team I would refuse to get rid of. No one.

BossChief 08-02-2012 03:08 PM

I think Miami and Cleveland are both gonna do better than expected this year...that's assuming Moore and the 80 year old rookie are the starters for each club.

J Diddy 08-02-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8786270)
Receivers are a dime a dozen. This team needs a QB more than it needs Bowe.

I totally disagree with that. Before Bowe the closest thing we had to a good home grown wr was a tight end. For God's sakes people were jizzing over Snoop Minnis.

durtyrute 08-02-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8786272)
Interdasting scenario. If we were able to get a high enough pick to package with our pick in order to move up to grab a legitimate franchise QB, there isn't anyone on the team I would refuse to get rid of. No one.

What makes a legitimate franchise QB to you?