ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polian and Dungy to be new GM and HC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268030)

Rausch 12-25-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9240829)
Polian and Dungy?

**** me in the ass with a rusty rod.

Right there with you.

Hey, life sucks, imagination is better.

I'd argue that's the whole basis of Christmas.

So...

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads...lo-530x413.jpg

Hope your office party was fun!

milkman 12-25-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9240832)
Dungy is a good enough game manager, he led a pass heavy offense in Indy, and he can actually coach up players whereas herm was a defensive backs coach who leaped to head coach.

The only comparison is that they both run an obsolete defense and are generally conservative. Comparing him to herm, who was a pure motivator, is ridiculous.

I don't want dungy. But honestly, it's baffling to me that the same people who rip on dungy want cowher. To me, dungy is a lot more cowher than he is herm.

Dungy had exactly the same kind of team in Tampa Bay that Herman ****ing Edwards had in New York.

The only real difference between Dungy and Herman ****ing Edwards is Peyton Manning.

If Dungy were a real ****ing coach, he'd have won more than one SB with Manning.

Rausch 12-25-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9240856)
Dungy had exactly the same kind of team in Tampa Bay that Herman ****ing Edwards had in New York.

The only real difference between Dungy and Herman ****ing Edwards is Peyton Manning.

If Dungy were a real ****ing coach, he'd have won more than one SB with Manning.

They were both great coaches at what they did promoted above their level of...**** it....you know the rest.

BryanBusby 12-25-2012 06:35 PM

Tony Dungy retired at the peak of Peyton's career. He's not coaching in the NFL, if ever again.

Rausch 12-25-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9240871)
Tony Dungy retired at the peak of Peyton's career. He's not coaching in the NFL, if ever again.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YGOdZTr8CE...s-crossed1.jpg

chiefzilla1501 12-25-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9240856)

Bullshit. Tony dungy had an elite defense behind an unbelievably shitty qb. Herms team relied heavily on Pennington. Behind even an average qb, dungys team probably would have won a few playoff games, even if I believe his Marty ball philosophy would have kept Tampa from the super bowl.

In Indy... Why did the colts fail in the playoffs? Was it poor game planning? Poor game management? Or was it Peyton playing uncharacteristically bad football, especially against the patriots?

Dungy isn't herm. He is cowher and Marty, smart coaches who can coach up a terrific football team that can't find a way to win big games.

SAUTO 12-25-2012 06:44 PM

**** this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-25-2012 07:00 PM

In Tampa, Dungy had Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Barber, Hardy Nickerson and some other really good defenders. His offense was crap hence why he didn't win 2 or 3 superbowls with that team.

Rausch 12-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9240885)
**** this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Why so sad?

milkman 12-25-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9240883)
Bullshit. Tony dungy had an elite defense behind an unbelievably shitty qb. Herms team relied heavily on Pennington. Behind even an average qb, dungys team probably would have won a few playoff games, even if I believe his Marty ball philosophy would have kept Tampa from the super bowl.

In Indy... Why did the colts fail in the playoffs? Was it poor game planning? Poor game management? Or was it Peyton playing uncharacteristically bad football, especially against the patriots?

Dungy isn't herm. He is cowher and Marty, smart coaches who can coach up a terrific football team that can't find a way to win big games.

Tony Dungy built his reputation on the talent that others provided for him.

He had an elite defense in Tampa because he had elite talent.

He did nothing with his soft ass coaching style.

chiefzilla1501 12-25-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9240908)
In Tampa, Dungy had Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Barber, Hardy Nickerson and some other really good defenders. His offense was crap hence why he didn't win 2 or 3 superbowls with that team.

And he doesn't get any credit for coaching any of that up? Unlike herm, dungy has an unbelievably impressive coaching resume. He's terrific at coaching up players. In Indy, he wasn't given nearly as much to work with and, to his discredit, ran a traditional tampa 2 a few years past it's expiration date.

Whats intriguing is, I think dungy is smart enough to work with what he's got. He has experience running a 3-4. It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to his roots. This place gets way too critical of people they don't like. Dungy will coach up a terrific team, but they will probably find ways to lose in playoff games. Marty, for example, really adjusted his offense in San Diego but still kept losing big games. Again, dungy is not herm 2.0, he is Marty 2.0.

Rausch 12-25-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9240916)

Exactly.

He's underachieved everywhere he's been...

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-25-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9240916)

I'm going to disagree with that to an extent. Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and a couple of the other guys credit him with how good they became.

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-25-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9240917)
And he doesn't get any credit for coaching any of that up? Unlike herm, dungy has an unbelievably impressive coaching resume. He's terrific at coaching up players. In Indy, he wasn't given nearly as much to work with and, to his discredit, ran a traditional tampa 2 a few years past it's expiration date.

Whats intriguing is, I think dungy is smart enough to work with what he's got. He has experience running a 3-4. It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to his roots. This place gets way too critical of people they don't like. Dungy will coach up a terrific team, but they will probably find ways to lose in playoff games. Marty, for example, really adjusted his offense in San Diego but still kept losing big games. Again, dungy is not herm 2.0, he is Marty 2.0.

I addressed that in this last post.

Chiefaholic 12-25-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9240590)
polian could be the next guy, I can see that as possible. but dungy has been HC for two NFL teams, I doubt he wants to start that up again.

my gut tells me pioli/romeo will be here next year, unfortunately.

Take some Pepto- Bismol for that gut of yours. It'll relieve upset stomach caused by the gut wrenching performance, nausea from watching opposing QB's hit their WR's in stride, heartburn due to the flaming Aids tree you wish Pioli to fall from, diarrhea caused from the $#!+ product we've been force fed, and indigestion caused by the stress of not knowing if or when the Pioli regime is over in KC.