ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My Neighbor's Cats... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114240)

Demonpenz 04-15-2005 01:33 PM

great this turned into a poop thread

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:34 PM

I'd say live trapping them and turning them in to animal control is your best bet. Nothing they can sue you for there and they'll either start keeping their cats inside or they'll be killed by the city. Either way your problem is solved and you've used the govt. as a buffer.

jspchief 04-15-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Hell, if that's the case, there are a bunch of fence jumping Austrailian Shepherds, German Shepherds, and mixed mutts who will be eating some hamburger and antifreeze this weekend instead of me giving them a few treats and then walking the little buggers home as I normally do.

I think it's fair to say that some people are more bothered by having a dog sh*t in their yard than you are.

ptlyon 04-15-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
I'd say live trapping them and turning them in to animal control is your best bet. Nothing they can sue you for there and they'll either start keeping their cats inside or they'll be killed by the city. Either way your problem is solved and you've used the govt. as a buffer.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. You gonna tell your mommy too?

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
Thanks for the info. Never knew that much about uhlectrishhity

I've been electricuted SEVERAL times. High voltage low amp from a neon transformer was the worst pain I've had. I've been hit by 110 more times than I can count.

I used to do consumer electronics repair and one of the "jokes" we used to play on noobs was hooking up a large (1 farad) capacitor under their chair with wires poked into the foam leading up to their ass. Basically a capacitor is a battery that discharges it's stored power nearly instantly. When they sat down they got one hell of a shock and a little "bang" to go with it. Of course I experienced this first hand.

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. You gonna tell your mommy too?

Dude is afraid of being sued. Having been sued I'd say it's always a good thing to avoid.

[edit] This also gets past the "poor kitty" crowd. Personally I couldn't give a crap less if he kills them or how he does it. If you can't keep your animal in your yard or on a leash then it's fair game IMO.[/edit]

ptlyon 04-15-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Dude is afraid of being sued. Having been sued I'd say it's always a good thing to avoid.

That is the beauty of it. If they don't know who did it then they can't sue anybody.

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

That is the beauty of it. If they don't know who did it then they can't sue anybody.

Unless there are other complaining neighbors they'll know who to call. Even then they may just name everyone and let the courts sort it out.

ptlyon 04-15-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Unless there are other complaining neighbors they'll know who to call. Even then they may just name everyone and let the courts sort it out.

Now I know killing it and putting it in their mailbox would be a federal offense, but I can't imagine it would be that big of a deal to just throw it in their garbage can.

Radar Chief 04-15-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Hell, if that's the case, there are a bunch of fence jumping Austrailian Shepherds, German Shepherds, and mixed mutts who will be eating some hamburger and antifreeze this weekend instead of me giving them a few treats and then walking the little buggers home as I normally do.

Sounds like you need something automatic, with a fast cyclic rate. Possibly belt fed.

http://www.urban-armory.com/m2.JPG

tyton75 04-15-2005 01:48 PM

How could they SUE you for taking the damn filthy rodents into animal control... if a dog was on the loose in the neighborhood.. you wouldn't think twice about taking it to animal control

Cats don't rule the fuggin neighborhood!! Revolution!

Radar Chief 04-15-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

The porcelin saucer insulates the two sides from eachother until the cat closes the loop. Now, the cat's body will probably have some pretty high impedence and it should jump the minute it feels the burn. Now, if it gets stuck there then it might blow the breaker.

Typical house hold outlet will carry at or over 20 Amps. I don’t know for sure this would be enough to do the job but considering this trap would send the current through it’s head, I’d think it’d work.

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Now I know killing it and putting it in their mailbox would be a federal offense, but I can't imagine it would be that big of a deal to just throw it in their garbage can.

Depends on the city. Hell, if he does it "the wrong way" he could even be subject to animal cruelty prosecution in some areas. His best bet is to find out from local animal control how far can go. However, none of that stops him from being sued. I could sue you for emotional distress from just the thought of you killing cats. Would I win? Who knows, probably not. However, you'd have to hire a lawyer and take time off work to show up in court, wouldn't you?

Simplex3 04-15-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief
Typical house hold outlet will carry at or over 20 Amps. I don’t know for sure this would be enough to do the job but considering this trap would send the current through it’s head, I’d think it’d work.

It would probably only kill it if it had spasms and couldn't get it's head out of the bowl. It very well could crap and piss itself, so the box is certainly a good idea. Household voltage isn't as evil as most people think.

We had an electrician wire up a rack badly one time and I grabbed it three or four times before I figured out that I actually WAS being electricuted and wasn't just having muscle spasms when I lifted my arm up.

ptlyon 04-15-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

However, you'd have to hire a lawyer and take time off work to show up in court, wouldn't you?

Yeah, too bad Johnny Cochran's dead to get me out of this deal...