ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

oaklandhater 04-30-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4727964)
Does the game take different paths, with one being the correct path and the other incorrect?

For example...in one of the first few missions where vlad wants you to kill some dude, and he's hanging on the railing, you are given an option to either kill him, or help him.

What if you ignore romans calls while driving to pick up michelle or something?

I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

The Franchise 04-30-2008 12:42 PM

I think I'm going to pick it up tonight.

Mizzou_8541 04-30-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 4728014)
I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

Great, thank you sir.

BigChiefFan 04-30-2008 01:23 PM

It's too cool to take somebody's car and see them hold on to the door handle. I was blown away the first time I saw it. I would say the beginning of the game is a little slow, but necessary to get you acclimated to the game. The more you play the better it gets. The world is huge-I've played for close to 10 hours and there's only a few things that I even recognize. The GPS is off the hook. Very worth the purchase. 10 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface. Wow.

BWillie 04-30-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4727450)
I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

I won't be able to play the game today, and probably not tomorrow either. :(:(

I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 02:53 PM

Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?

Jenson71 04-30-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4728123)
I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

I have it all the way up, although one or two notches from the top would probably work too. I also messed around with the contrast. I think I moved it up two notches.

kcxiv 04-30-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728301)
Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?

I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

oaklandhater 04-30-2008 03:42 PM

Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4728384)
I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.

The Franchise 04-30-2008 03:49 PM

You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4728400)
You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

What the **** are you waiting for? Get out there and get it!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...er/28ksm77.gif

kcxiv 04-30-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728390)
I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.

i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4728405)
i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

LOL
I think something similar happened to me while driving drunk but some how i fell off a 10+ story ledge and survived.. the cops couldn't reach me and Roman was left up there with the pigs. I got a message telling me that i should go back and meet with Roman. Not a second later, Roman comes crashing down the same way I did (maybe the cops pushed him off?).. he didn't make it. I took his money and got a call from him the next day. Had to pick him up from the hospital :)

Moobs 04-30-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 4728386)
Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

I posted this in UP's GTA thread:

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

The Franchise 04-30-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4728471)

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

ROFL Ok yeah....I'm definitely buying it tonight after work.

kcxiv 04-30-2008 05:50 PM

we played death match lastnight and we had nothing but rocket launchers. So all you seen was rockets going everywhere, It was a blast. I would shoot the rocket into the wall if i had someone next to me trying to stab me and blow both of us up lol

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 06:29 PM

Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4728471)

I ran over someone in Deathmatch once, but while the jerk was RIDING MY ROOF he ended up reaching down and shooting me. We died simultaneously.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the cover mechanic in the middle of a seven-sided firefight. Running to a low wall, sliding, and positioning myself under it is so ****ing cool and so ****ing natural.

Speaking of "****ing cool," every time I die it looks so great I can't help but laugh. The death cam is brilliant. No matter whether I'm running someone over or getting run over, the game is hilarious and so engaging. I couldn't believe thirty minutes had passed the first time I played deathmatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728609)
Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?

That comes shortly after "Crime and Punishment," in the mission line that results from it.

HC_Chief 04-30-2008 08:56 PM

Drunk driving is effing crazy!! Even after the sick camera effect wears off you still drive like shit.

The damned cops kept coming after me every time I got close to the taxi station. I would have to go tearing ass thru town to ditch the piggies... each time leaving a wake of busted vehicles and splattered pedestrians. On the (what seems like) tenth try I finally dropped the fat bastard off w/o initiating a piggie chase. I had to switch cars at least four times. :D

TinyEvel 04-30-2008 09:45 PM

okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

Wa-Z 04-30-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4728922)
okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

I know your friend.

http://www.g4g.it/phpnews/images/GTA...trailer_01.jpg

Jenson71 04-30-2008 10:59 PM

So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 11:53 PM

my shit has been freezing up online a lot lately.. on 360.
to the point that i'm not even attempting to find a match.

anyone else?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4729018)
So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."

Liberty City, arise! Horace the Pacifier Walsh...

Sure-Oz 04-30-2008 11:56 PM

Anyone having issues freezing up on ps3? Supposedly online doesn't work and it freezes alot on ps3, atleast mostly on the 60gig version. I guess this is pretty common and rockstar hasnt said anything about it yet. Makes me wonder if i should open mine and try it. I heard a few have played it and had it completely **** up their system and not run any games after. That was a 60gig owner though...

I have yet to open mine and have a reciept....i assume a ps3 update is soon to happen/patch

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 11:58 PM

open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

Ultra Peanut 05-01-2008 12:02 AM

It's not freezing for me, but I can't connect to any games for shit right now.

Ultra Peanut 05-01-2008 04:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a street preacher! A real fire and brimstone type, too. He kind of sounded like DL Hughley.

I also tipped a saxaphone player, who proceeded to call me a Philistine. The only real response I could muster was to punch him in the face and push him down a hill. I think he won the argument, but I felt better in the end.

Then, a while later, I somehow managed to instigate a three-man fight on the tracks directly in front of a train that was about to depart. Ouch.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's quite possibly the greatest video game moment I've ever read about:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secks
- Outside Burger Shot, I bumped into a bunch of Hells Angels who started chasing me because I bumped into them all. As I was running, I took a swipe with my knife at a pedestrian who was a very fat guy with a long white beard. As I stabbed him, I decided to quickly finish him off and I could hear one of the Angels yell "No! Santa!"

Anyways, here's a shot of my little friend (sounds like DL, looks like Robert Guillaume):

The Franchise 05-01-2008 08:22 AM

I played this game last night for about 2 hours......and it's seriously the best game I've played in the last two years.

I was on the first date with Michelle.....and some cop tripped over my foot while we were walking. lol He instantly started shooting me. lol

Hootie 05-01-2008 11:11 AM

what do you do playing live? Is there a point? Please answer =)

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 11:17 AM

There are many, many different online game modes (crooks n' cops, deathmatch, race, free roam, etc). what's the point?? It's fun to roam around the giant open world with your buds...

Sure-Oz 05-01-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729074)
open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4729515)
I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

Sure-Oz 05-01-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729531)
I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

So true...

kcxiv 05-01-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729531)

I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4729984)
I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

**** the PS3 :)
I'm worried about the 360s multiplayer.

I might've seen the same hooker twice :)

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 05:01 PM

i've had no problems playing online until right now..says it cant connect..any one else having this problem?

kcxiv 05-01-2008 05:03 PM

I expect servers to be crashing on both ps3 and 360 for the first week. Remember this game is supposed to sell about 9million copies this week. I could see 1.5-2 million people online playing. Something is bound to break.

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 05:19 PM

Michelle has split personalities..We come out of the restaurant and my truck is gone so i hijack a car but it was locked so i smash open the window..she goes around and kicks the window in on her side..later she gets pissed at me for hijacking a car and leaves..we later got in another fight after i shot her in the face

Jenson71 05-01-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4730076)
Michelle has split personalities..We come out of the restaurant and my truck is gone so i hijack a car but it was locked so i smash open the window..she goes around and kicks the window in on her side..later she gets pissed at me for hijacking a car and leaves..we later got in another fight after i shot her in the face

LMAO

Moobs 05-01-2008 05:30 PM

Lately free for all has been a race to the helicopters. Which I love simply because I get my anti-aircraft bazookas. DIRKA DIRKA MOHAMMED JIHAD!

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4730088)
DIRKA DIRKA MOHAMMED JIHAD!

ROFL ROFL

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 05:59 PM

does the amusement park ever open?

JBucc 05-01-2008 09:06 PM

Finally I can stop avoiding GTAIV threads. I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Did the first few missions though they hardly qualify as such. I love it so far. The only thing that bugs me is the camera when walking. That ****er refuses to budge.

Also can anyone tell me how to whistle for a cab, and how to access the police car computer database thingy? Or is that stuff I have to learn later?

BigChiefFan 05-01-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4730336)
Finally I can stop avoiding GTAIV threads. I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Did the first few missions though they hardly qualify as such. I love it so far. The only thing that bugs me is the camera when walking. That ****er refuses to budge.

Also can anyone tell me how to whistle for a cab, and how to access the police car computer database thingy? Or is that stuff I have to learn later?

You have to do a mission before you can get the ability to call for a cab.

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4730336)

cab is L1 on ps3 but he when u go up to it and hit triangle he usually hijacks it instead of just getting it...

as for the police computer...didnt know u could **** with that..have to try it out

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 09:25 PM

btw..I think Michelle needs some ****ing mydol

Kraus 05-01-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4730368)
cab is L1 on ps3 but he when u go up to it and hit triangle he usually hijacks it instead of just getting it...

as for the police computer...didnt know u could **** with that..have to try it out

You got to hold the button, not tap it.

Tap it = Hijack
Hold = Get in as passenger

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4730372)
You got to hold the button, not tap it.

Tap it = Hijack
Hold = Get in as passenger

oh..wasnt aware of that. Thanks

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 09:36 PM

Just got a "Disc Read Error" while in a mission.
Restarted it and got the same ****ing error.

edit: And now i'm back in... WTF!!!!

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4730370)
btw..I think Michelle needs some ****ing mydol

Treat her right you shit!
Take her to Cluckin' Bell ;)

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4730391)

Im just tryin to get her drunk but her passenger seat driver bullshit is getting on my nerves

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4730415)
Im just tryin to get her drunk but her passenger seat driver bullshit is getting on my nerves

haha.

well my shit just froze again.. i'm gonna try some other games to make sure it's a hardware issue... i'm sure it ****in is.

KcMizzou 05-02-2008 12:05 AM

I was having fun with this game before tonight.

After tonight, it owns me. Holy hell, is this fun. (and well written) Just finished the Mikhael part.

Lil' Jacob is my homie. I was down to about 8% life.... boxed in by the cops... and he popped out the passenger side spraying his uzi over the roof of the car... saved my life.

It was a true "holy shit" moment.

KcMizzou 05-02-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4730391)

I took her there, and she was kind pissy about it. "Oh, I guess I like simple places like this."

Wa-Z 05-02-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4730417)
haha.

well my shit just froze again.. i'm gonna try some other games to make sure it's a hardware issue... i'm sure it ****in is.

Happened to my PS3 a couple weeks back...what system are you on?

Ultra Peanut 05-02-2008 01:34 AM

"You always win those shitty singer competitions because you have passion. Well, I've got a convertible."

"Ow! Ow! Ow!"
"How do you like America NOW, mother****er?"

BWillie 05-02-2008 01:34 AM

Some questions...

1. What is with the Fu*king camera angle in the car? I'd rather use the outside of the car camera's but they don't stay locked in front of the car so I have to use the one where it's actually in the car. It never moves, but it seems to work alright.

2. When you screw Michelle..don't they ever show you railing that OCD ho? I didn't get to see any arousing pixels of them going at it. Just got to hear it.

3. How do you pick shit up? I've managed to do it a few times, but I don't know how I did it. I can't really figure out how to throw right.

4. How do I get a prostitute and where do I go? I thought I went up to one and she was giving sexual advances but I pressed every button and I couldn't even get a hand job or anything. Bullshit

QuikSsurfer 05-02-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wa-Z (Post 4730631)
Happened to my PS3 a couple weeks back...what system are you on?

360. I cannot even load GTA anymore.. Disc Error after opening cinamatic

JBucc 05-02-2008 09:44 AM

Mine had a disk read error too. Seems to be alright for now, hope it stays that way.

Demonpenz 05-02-2008 10:12 AM

actually PC game is dying meanwhile consoles are 500 bucks and software is buggy and requires patches

dj56dt58 05-02-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4730667)
Some questions...

1. What is with the Fu*king camera angle in the car? I'd rather use the outside of the car camera's but they don't stay locked in front of the car so I have to use the one where it's actually in the car. It never moves, but it seems to work alright.

2. When you screw Michelle..don't they ever show you railing that OCD ho? I didn't get to see any arousing pixels of them going at it. Just got to hear it.

3. How do you pick shit up? I've managed to do it a few times, but I don't know how I did it. I can't really figure out how to throw right.

4. How do I get a prostitute and where do I go? I thought I went up to one and she was giving sexual advances but I pressed every button and I couldn't even get a hand job or anything. Bullshit

to pick shit up its L1(ps3) and to throw is R2..the longer you hold the further it goes. Not sure about #4. #1 pisses me off too

Did you have enough money for the hooker?? Maybe she's an arrogant bitch and thinks she's worth more than she is

QuikSsurfer 05-02-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4730985)
Mine had a disk read error too. Seems to be alright for now, hope it stays that way.

Gave me the error about 10 straight times last night. I slept on it, thinking that I could wake up and God would've made things right in my xbox over night.

Same error!!!
My 360 is wrapped up in a towel, cooking like an oven.
Coffin is on the way!

TinyEvel 05-02-2008 12:30 PM

XBOX360 problems?

PS3 Metal Gear Solid Bundle August 12: $499.

kcxiv 05-02-2008 12:54 PM

2nd straight 4am session lastnight and no problems on the 360.

Also, if you look hard enough you can get a 360 fairly cheap and you dont have to spend no 500 bucks on one. Hell, i got a ps3 almost brand new for 300.

QuikSsurfer 05-02-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4731208)
XBOX360 problems?

PS3 Metal Gear Solid Bundle August 12: $499.

lol

****er.

how's the online running on GTA4?

Simply Red 05-02-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4729133)
I found a street preacher! A real fire and brimstone type, too. He kind of sounded like DL Hughley.

I also tipped a saxaphone player, who proceeded to call me a Philistine. The only real response I could muster was to punch him in the face and push him down a hill. I think he won the argument, but I felt better in the end.

Then, a while later, I somehow managed to instigate a three-man fight on the tracks directly in front of a train that was about to depart. Ouch.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's quite possibly the greatest video game moment I've ever read about:

Anyways, here's a shot of my little friend (sounds like DL, looks like Robert Guillaume):

OMG'z that may have been the funniest nonsense I've ever read! ROFL

kcxiv 05-02-2008 05:09 PM

So, i took LJ to the airport, i decided i wanted to look at some planes. Well you get a 4 star wanted. So i stole the swat truck and tried to outrun the police, after 20 min epic chase (OJ style) the chopper shot the swat truck with a rocket launcher. It was game over for me :(. I couldnt stop laughing when that happened. Good shit.

dj56dt58 05-02-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4731565)
So, i took LJ to the airport, i decided i wanted to look at some planes. Well you get a 4 star wanted. So i stole the swat truck and tried to outrun the police, after 20 min epic chase (OJ style) the chopper shot the swat truck with a rocket launcher. It was game over for me :(. I couldnt stop laughing when that happened. Good shit.

Same shit happened to me...I figured I'd jump in a chopper and get away but when I got to the choppers they were all in the air shooting at me :cuss:

Fairplay 05-02-2008 07:38 PM

This thread is going to go on and on and make the ever ready battery look sick.

BigChiefFan 05-02-2008 10:15 PM

For those having problems with the brightness-you don't have to adjust your T.V.

Press pause and go to DISPLAY, adjust the picture that way. Problem solved. I was having the same problem, now it's kicking ass.

kcxiv 05-03-2008 12:56 AM

Damn, i am on 15 hours played and only like 15 percent in. I just love goofing off. Making some money by doing side quests, going here and there, just exploring. Its only just started. I can see me going easily into about 50 hours played before i decide to finish it. Game is worth 300 bucks.

POND_OF_RED 05-03-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4725953)
holy shit..anyone watched the TV yet? The Mens Room w/ Baas rutten is ****n awesome...and the commercials ROFL

Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

dj56dt58 05-03-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4732231)
Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

lol..I gotta go watch some more Tv on there..beats anything on real TV

BWillie 05-03-2008 02:42 PM

How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

QuikSsurfer 05-03-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732653)
How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732653)

You do have the body armor on, right?

It took me a couple of tries with the body armor and the uzi.

BWillie 05-03-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4732657)
Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4732829)
I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?

One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.