ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

ThaVirus 06-13-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8676278)
He's not a perfect human. Humans do not jump 50ft down out of trees, and blast the sand out of punching bags. He has the strength of 20 men, and is as durable as an Oak tree. You're not going to like this, but him fighting Batman would be like him fighting a 12 yr old. Batman might use some device to take him down, but Batman really IS just a man. Cap is a Super Soldier.

There are some extraordinary humans out there that can do amazing things. No one truly knows the limits of human potential so they can take liberties when showing off Cap's abilities. Not to mention they're fake; they're comic books.

Yes, Cap has feats that would appear to put him in the superhuman category, but so does Batman and a lot of other human crime fighters. Officially speaking, Cap is just the perfect human. He's as strong, fast and agile as a human could ever be while the super soldier serum grants him prolonged endurance.

Meanwhile Batman has supposedly trained himself to the peak of human potential, but realistically speaking he'd have genetic limitations. He would get his ass handed to him by Captain America.

Micjones 06-13-2012 06:48 AM

While we're on the DC vs. Marvel subject...
Superman vs. Hulk, who you got?

Had this debate just the other day.

Fish 06-13-2012 10:31 AM

The "New" Justice League....

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9...ticeleague.jpg

BigCatDaddy 06-13-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8676451)

Superman and it's not close.

Setsuna 06-13-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8676825)

WTH is that crap?

Bowser 06-13-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Superman, probably. But Hulk would make him work for it. Look no further than the Planet Hulk storyline to see what th e Hlk can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8676960)
WTH is that crap?

Probably something from Asia. They seem to kind of make those mistakes with marketing from time to time.

beach tribe 06-13-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8676956)
Superman and it's not close.

If Doomsday can knock Supes into a healing coma, who's to say the the hulk couldn't.
The Hulk is supposed to be as strong as anything or anyone in any universe. Supposedly immeasurably strong.
Funny how we're all getting geeked out about this stuff. I loved comics when I was a kid. This is fun.32 yrs old talking about who would win in an inter-comic universe fight.:D

AustinChief 06-13-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Superman vs which Hulk?

Superman vs Savage Hulk is a wash.

Superman vs The Professor (hyper intelligent Hulk) and Hulk wins in a landslide.

Aries Walker 06-13-2012 05:18 PM

Superman d. Hulk, but Thor d. Superman. And yes, my friends and I have disected this many times over the years as well.

Aries Walker 06-13-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8677307)
Funny how we're all getting geeked out about this stuff. I loved comics when I was a kid. This is fun.32 yrs old talking about who would win in an inter-comic universe fight.:D

Not to worry. Anyone who thinks comics are still for kids hasn't read any since the 80's. They're our society's equivalent of Greek myths.

Jamie 06-13-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8677833)
Superman vs which Hulk?

Superman vs Savage Hulk is a wash.

Superman vs The Professor (hyper intelligent Hulk) and Hulk wins in a landslide.

There are different versions of Superman too. There's the original version, who was much less strong and couldn't fly. There's also the 1950s version, who could move planets and fly at the speed of light.

But I think most versions of Superman could get the Hulk into space, at which point the Hulk wouldn't have anything to push against and Superman could gently push him into the sun. Of course Superman wouldn't do that, so compassion is his Achilles' heel in this case.

AustinChief 06-13-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 8678015)
There are different versions of Superman too. There's the original version, who was much less strong and couldn't fly. There's also the 1950s version, who could move planets and fly at the speed of light.

But I think most versions of Superman could get the Hulk into space, at which point the Hulk wouldn't have anything to push against and Superman could gently push him into the sun. Of course Superman wouldn't do that, so compassion is his Achilles' heel in this case.

The Hulk has survived the destruction of a planet and the heat of a star's core. Not sure what pushing him into the sun would do....

An intelligent Hulk simply leaps off to grab some kryptonite and shoves it square in Superman's bung.

They are evenly matched on brute force... Hulk (the smart one) is far far more intelligent.. he also has a less stringent moral code... whereas Superman has a glaring weakness in regards to kryptonite... seems like a pretty clear win for Hulk.

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8675170)
I loved that cartoon. I even love those Teen Titan shorts they have during Green Lantern and Young Justice now.

what's up with the time jump in Young Justice?

they just switched shit all around without telling you what happened.

Robin and Nightwing together?
Nightwing now in command?
beastboy pops out of nowhere

irritating ... they could have made 3/4 shows out of those transitions

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8678226)
The Hulk has survived the destruction of a planet and the heat of a star's core. Not sure what pushing him into the sun would do....

An intelligent Hulk simply leaps off to grab some kryptonite and shoves it square in Superman's bung.

They are evenly matched on brute force... Hulk (the smart one) is far far more intelligent.. he also has a less stringent moral code... whereas Superman has a glaring weakness in regards to kryptonite... seems like a pretty clear win for Hulk.

superman is as fast as flash and as strong as the hulk

That speed makes all the difference IF superman would really try to win

Jamie 06-13-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8678226)

You're cherry picking the best version of the Hulk to face the standard version of Superman. There are versions of Superman that don't have a vulnerability to Kryptonite, plus the 50s version who is so ridiculously overpowered that he could practically do anything. Plus the Hulk is from a different universe where Kryptonite doesn't exist, so he has no way of knowing about it.

Then even if Hulk somehow figures out that this substance that he's never seen or heard of is the key to defeating Superman, how does he get away from Superman long enough to find or make some? Keep in mind that Superman is (at the very least) almost as strong as the Hulk and much much faster. Hulk jumps away to find Kryptonite, Superman zips under him and knocks him into space, game over.

I've never heard of a story where the Hulk survives the core of a star, but even if he could I don't know how he could escape it. And even if he could do that, Superman could just leave him in deep space to ineffectually thrash around.