ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink All Things Tapenade Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284532)

Dinny Bossa Nova 06-22-2014 07:26 AM

All Things Tapenade Thread

Tapenade never had much run until the Peyton Manning commercial. It seems to be widely misunderstood, if not altogether ignored.

Perhaps this thread can shed a little light for those interested in the ultimate tapenade experience.

Dinny

milkman 06-22-2014 08:04 AM

Widly misunderstood?

What the hell is it?

notorious 06-22-2014 08:08 AM

Tapenaids

cdcox 06-22-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10707656)
Widly misunderstood?

What the hell is it?

Hoors De Overs

hometeam 06-22-2014 08:19 AM

its like tiny ala carte~

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 11:24 AM

I can't figure out if you're asking about "tapas" (as the last two posts would suggest) or "tapenade" (which is typically, olives, capers, and olive oil).

I'm not really into either.

Donger 06-23-2014 11:29 AM

I don't want no I-tey food.

loochy 06-23-2014 11:29 AM

Tapenade?

Is that some kind of sweet lemonade-like beverage made out of duct tape?

Mojo Jojo 06-23-2014 01:50 PM

So which are we talking about. I enjoy tapende on top of crusty bread.
Tapas can be OK, but never got into that whole fad of tapas for dinner.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 10710340)
So which are we talking about. I enjoy tapende on top of crusty bread.
Tapas can be OK, but never got into that whole fad of tapas for dinner.

I'm inclined to trust Dinny Blues knew what he was asking about in the OP, and that the other users don't know the difference between tapenade and tapas.

BucEyedPea 06-23-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10709951)
I can't figure out if you're asking about "tapas" (as the last two posts would suggest) or "tapenade" (which is typically, olives, capers, and olive oil).

I'm not really into either.

I thought it was another food thread too.:doh!:

Dinny Bossa Nova 06-23-2014 02:21 PM

Yes, tapenade, the olives and capers and such. After the food processor, what do you do with it?

Is it a dip? Sauce? Topping? Condiment? Stuffing?

Peyton said something like nothing goes with football like tapenade, but he didn't really explain.

This is a food thread. I was seeking enlightenment from planeteers. There is much wisdom here on many topics.

Dinny

ptlyon 06-23-2014 02:26 PM

So you give a **** what Peyton Manning thinks?

**** that

loochy 06-23-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 10710410)
Yes, tapenade, the olives and capers and such. After the food processor, what do you do with it?

It's used to induce choking

especially in the super bowl

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 10710410)

Peyton said something like nothing goes with football like tapenade, but he didn't really explain.

This is a food thread. I was seeking enlightenment from planeteers. There is much wisdom here on many topics.

Dinny

Sorry, man. I don't care for the stuff.

But I found some ideas online.

10 Exciting Serving Suggestions

1. Stuffed Tomatoes: Scoop out cherry tomatoes, fill with tapenade and top with crumbled goat cheese.

2. Deviled Eggs: Perk up deviled eggs by adding a few spoonfuls of tapenade to your favorite recipe.

3. Cream Cheese & Celery: Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons tapenade with 8 ounces softened cream cheese. Fill celery sticks with mixture.

4. Omelets: Tapenade makes an excellent filling for omelets. You can also combine cheeses, veggies or meats.

5. Lasagna: Spread a layer of tapenade on your next lasagna or add it to your sauce.

6. Sandwich Salads: Mix about a 1/4 cup of tapenade into one pound of egg, ham, tuna, chicken or seafood salad.

7. Muffuletta: Mix together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup tapenade, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Serve as a topping on Italian subs or another favorite sandwich.

8. Pizza: Dress your next pizza with the unique taste of tapenade alone with cheese, or in combination with sauce or your other preferred toppings.

9. Meatloaf: Next time you make your favorite meatloaf, use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of tapenade to 1 to 2 pounds of meat mixture.

10. Bruschetta: Toss some chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, tapenade and chopped fresh basil together for a tasty bruschetta.

Bonus Ideas: Try some tapenade in your potato salad, pasta salad and potato pancakes!