ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****The Official 2011-2012 Wichita state Repository thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252642)

journeyscarab 12-27-2011 04:03 PM

Scored tickets to the Creighton New Years Eve game and taking my son. Looking forward to seeing them play in person at Koch Arena. Anything cool we should check out there before or after the game? We are from Wichita originally, so I am talking about stuff to do/see at the arena. Probably not a chance of getting autographs from the team is there?

Mr. Arrowhead 12-28-2011 10:34 PM

safe to say Shocks are firing on all cyndiers after tonight dominate performance, which handed Bradley home lose ever, by winning 90-51. Now bring on sCUm on saturday

Mr. Arrowhead 12-28-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 8239551)
Scored tickets to the Creighton New Years Eve game and taking my son. Looking forward to seeing them play in person at Koch Arena. Anything cool we should check out there before or after the game? We are from Wichita originally, so I am talking about stuff to do/see at the arena. Probably not a chance of getting autographs from the team is there?

Awesome!!! How long has it been since you been to a game?

journeyscarab 12-28-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8242774)
Awesome!!! How long has it been since you been to a game?

I think its been over 10 years since I've seen one in Wichita. We've caught a few games here in KC so we are looking forward to this one. I hear its a blackout game?

Mr. Arrowhead 12-28-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 8242824)
I think its been over 10 years since I've seen one in Wichita. We've caught a few games here in KC so we are looking forward to this one. I hear its a blackout game?

Yup wear your black, you should arrive a little early and go to the Shocker hall of fame in Koch Arena, its pretty neat. A couple places to eat near by is the Cajuan Shack, its insane, its right on 21th and Woodlawn. And last be loud!!!!! It sure would be nice to be up 2 games on creighton after saturday.

Edit- If you guys hang around after the game, you should be able to get some of the players autographs.

teedubya 12-28-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8119993)
LOL is this thread for real?

My thought exactly. I was like WTF... ROFL... and I came in and it was all serious. :spock:

:doh!:

journeyscarab 12-28-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8242836)
Yup wear your black, you should arrive a little early and go to the Shocker hall of fame in Koch Arena, its pretty neat. A couple places to eat near by is the Cajuan Shack, its insane, its right on 21th and Woodlawn. And last be loud!!!!! It sure would be nice to be up 2 games on creighton after saturday.

Edit- If you guys hang around after the game, you should be able to get some of the players autographs.

Cool! Thanks for the info. We have our black shirts and we'll be ready to go. Its going to be awesome!

journeyscarab 01-02-2012 10:43 AM

Well the loss to Creighton was disappointing but being there for a home opener for the first time with my son was incredible! I showed him around the campus and picked up some cool souvenirs you cant get in KC and enjoyed the game. 16 more games...things will improve.

Mr. Arrowhead 01-02-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 8255067)
Well the loss to Creighton was disappointing but being there for a home opener for the first time with my son was incredible! I showed him around the campus and picked up some cool souvenirs you cant get in KC and enjoyed the game. 16 more games...things will improve.

yea it sucks, especially losing to Creighton. But we will be fine, we just played a terrible 2nd half, I think we will bounce back. Evansville is next on Wednesday.

Mr. Arrowhead 01-04-2012 04:23 PM

Need to bounce back tonight at 1st place evansville

Mr. Arrowhead 01-15-2012 10:14 PM

Shox with a nice Road win at Indiana St on ESPNU 75-65. Shox are now 4-0 on the road in MVC play are in a first place tie with Creighton at 6-1. Got at UNI next on Wednesday

journeyscarab 01-15-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8301258)
Shox with a nice Road win at Indiana St on ESPNU 75-65. Shox are now 4-0 on the road in MVC play are in a first place tie with Creighton at 6-1. Got at UNI next on Wednesday

Yep they are looking good!

journeyscarab 01-18-2012 09:12 PM

Close one tonight at UNI but the Shox pulled it out at the end. This team is really humming along.

Mr. Arrowhead 01-18-2012 10:12 PM

TOURE FREAKING MURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiveSteam 01-18-2012 10:13 PM

Go Jays. Close one tonight