ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 08:33 PM

Trading for Nick Foles

Nick Foles to the Chiefs? Two perspectives (well, mostly one)
By MNchiefsfan on Jan 19, 6:33a 692

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...-chiefs-rumors

Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

Why NOT throw another QB's name into the mix? The Chiefs can use all the help they can get at the position in 2013.

I don't know if you've gotten the memo, but quarterback is the main topic of discussion for the Kansas City Chiefs this offseason and for the 2013 NFL Draft.

What quarterback is the best of this draft class? Should the Chiefs draft a quarterback? What round should we draft a quarterback? Should we get a quarterback in free agency? Is Geno Smith awesome or terrible, with no in between? What quarterbacks are available via trade?

And on and on it goes....

I'm not immune to this latest obsession with quarterbacks. I'd say the decision as to whom the Chiefs place behind center next season will largely make or break the next several years (if not the next dozen years) of Chiefs football. If the Chiefs blow it, we'll continue to be trapped in mediocrity for a couple of years. If the Chiefs knock it out of the park, we might contend for a Super Bowl for a decade. Somewhere in between and we could go back and forth between the two for awhile. It's kind of a big deal.

continue in spoiler

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Easy 6 01-19-2013 08:35 PM

Before reading all of that i just wanted to say NO.

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333951)
Before reading all of that i just wanted to say NO.

to be expected, i suspose

article could contain the secret to neverending life and nobody would give a shit because they want to draft Geno Smith.

just ignore the fact that it's interesting, fun and pretty much says draft Geno and trade for Foles.

*sigh*

Mr_Tomahawk 01-19-2013 08:41 PM

Wanted to draft this guy last year...

That said..I'd trade a 3rd for him. Nothing more.

hometeam 01-19-2013 08:42 PM

I have been seeing this around today. Another terrible. terrible idea.

houstonwhodat 01-19-2013 08:44 PM

He's an upgrade from Cassel but he's not the answer.

RunKC 01-19-2013 08:45 PM

Nick Foles is better than Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden and Brock Assweiler. He played for a shitty school with a shitty coach and still looked good.

Top 5 passer in college last year with 3 amazing QB's and led Arizona to a top 10 team in passing most of the school year with only the Criner WR who is now a Raider.

Bump 01-19-2013 08:46 PM

tl;dr

NO

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9333979)
He's an upgrade from Cassel but he's not the answer.

didn't read a word, did ya?

Easy 6 01-19-2013 08:47 PM

It actually was an entertaining read and the guy made a pretty nice case for Foles, i WILL say that.

But as you're well aware, this fanbase is ready for OUR guy, not the other guy... besides that the author is taking a huge leap to assume the guy is on the trade block.

Not trying to slam the idea just to be a jackoff, but i'm one of those who wants a "KC born and bred" player, not the guy the iggles may or may not be ready to cast off.

Bewbies 01-19-2013 08:47 PM

I like the idea of acquiring the backup QB from the team our newly hired regime came from. It works well!

splatbass 01-19-2013 08:48 PM

Since we are going to need 3 QBs I would be fine with him and Geno Smith. It doesn't have to be either/or.

RunKC 01-19-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333991)
It actually was an entertaining read and the guy made a pretty nice case for Foles, i WILL say that.

But as you're well aware, this fanbase is ready for OUR guy, not the other guy... besides that the author is taking a huge leap to assume the guy is on the trade block.

Not trying to slam the idea just to be a jackoff, but i'm one of those who wants a "KC born and bred" player, not the guy the iggles may or may not be ready to cast off.

So you want Josh Freeman? :)

I keeed I keeed

Mr. Laz 01-19-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9333991)

I thought is was a fun article too which is main reason i posted it

I also believe 'the guy' means for us to trade for Foles and draft OUR guy.

Easy 6 01-19-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333997)
So you want Josh Freeman? :)

I keeed I keeed

I would make an exception in that case, damn the torpedoes and neg reppers.

He is able to take the hits and keep on chucking.