ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL looking to adjust Rooney Rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269057)

houstonwhodat 01-18-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9331945)
Somebody on 810 today had the nerve to bitch about Romeo not getting an interview...are you ****ing kidding me? That man is the worst head football coach I have ever seen. Ever.

So why doesn't Oprah buy a football team?

Would be better than that stupid network for her ego she bought.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9331950)
So why doesn't Oprah buy a football team?

Would be better than that stupid network for her ego she bought.

Speaking of Oprah...would you try that?

houstonwhodat 01-18-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9331952)
Speaking of Oprah...would you try that?

Only if she paid me, she can afford it.

She's gay anyway. I think Gail is her girlfriend.

I doubt Stedman ever tapped it.

A Salt Weapon 01-18-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9331466)
This is dumb. Could it possibly be because teams are looking for the coach they feel has the best chance of turning their team around regardless of his skin color? The Rooney Rule is ridiculous, almost as stupid as affirmative action. And I am black.

:applause: well said.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger 01-18-2013 11:09 PM

But by minority candidate they mean Black. You don't ever hear ESPN bitching because a man who is Chinese wasn't interviewed. I think forcing teams to act based on race is apart of the problem, not the solution. It couldn't be that Lovie Smith, or Ray Horton, weren't hired because they're defensive coaches and all the teams were looking for offensive minded coaches.... no, couldn't be that.

A Salt Weapon 01-18-2013 11:10 PM

I think the nfl, the coaches, the owners, and the players union are sexist. After all this is the new America and there should be at least 2 women starting on every team. This cannot be ignored any longer.
I feel age discrimination is at play here too; each team shall have two children between the ages of 14-17 on the team for every play as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 01-18-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9331607)
Where are the women coaches?

If shes the best candidate for the job, i have zero problems with it.

Chiefshrink 01-18-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9331496)
Wanna end racism or seriously lessen it. Quit talking about color!

Pipe dream. Never happen. The Dems,minorities, etc... make a living off of seeing color only and it's just damn shame because they( Dem politicians) keep the majority of minorities on the Democrat plantation. And any minority that begins to see through all this Democrat oppression , use and abuse of minorities and decides to escape that progressive plantation is vilified !!

I get your point and totally agree, but no way in hell they give up that kind of leverage especially when you have the majority of the press in your pocket who will be your pit bulls on call at any moment.

Political Correctness in the NFL ! Don't ya love it !!!!:rolleyes:

Psyko Tek 01-18-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9331464)
So just break out the 'each team has to alternate between black and white head coaches' rule and be done with it.

not going to stop bitching until something like that happens anyway

nope
here is the answer
the will all hire a minority assistant head coach
and keep him on staff to be a place holder
talent and intelligence has no racial or sexual bias

jebus why don't they interview women too?

HolyHat 01-19-2013 12:24 AM

Where are the transgender coaches?

chiefzilla1501 01-19-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9331868)
The Rooney Rule is stupid.

Any team would do what every they could to sign Mike Tomlin if he was available. You know what I mean.

Do we really think the NFL is keeping the black coach down?

There are only 32 head coaching jobs.
There are only 32 GM jobs.

It's not going to be representative of anything because its too small of a club.

The NFL should instead celebrate that one of its best coaches is black (Tomlin).

The NFL should celebrate that on of its best general managers is black (Newsome).

And tell Tony Dungy to quit bitching and start coaching if he wants more blacks roaming the sidesline. You too Herm. That dude could be a damn good coordinator but he would rather be a celebrity.

I'm so sick of this $hit.

Sick of what shit? The Rooney rule is a great rule that outlived its purpose.

WhiteWhale 01-19-2013 12:31 AM

I've never understood the "black people NEED easy street" logic.

Look, When blacks needed to break into athletics, it was hard. When they broke through it was the best of the best shoving racism down everyone's throat. I don't care if you point to Jackie Robinson or Warren Moon destroying the 'black guys can't play QB from the pocket" myth.

When you create a system that fast tracks unqualified people because of race, it can justify racism. The best way to end racism is by allowing black people to prove it's bullshit.

Hays 01-19-2013 01:07 AM

Hey I am not a coach where is my turn

Sorter 01-19-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9332205)
Where are the transgender coaches?

ROFL

DaFace 01-19-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9331466)
This is dumb. Could it possibly be because teams are looking for the coach they feel has the best chance of turning their team around regardless of his skin color? The Rooney Rule is ridiculous, almost as stupid as affirmative action. And I am black.

Agree.