ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Boerigter having strong training camp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120853)

Rukdafaidas 08-04-2005 03:27 PM

Boerigter having strong training camp

www.kansascity.com

Posted on Thu, Aug. 04, 2005

Boerigter having strong training camp

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

RIVER FALLS, Wis. _ After missing last season because of a knee injury, wide receiver Marc Boerigter is quietly having a strong training camp.

“I’m still shaking off some rust but it’s going as well as I could expect,’’ Boerigter said. “It’s coming back fairly quickly. Catching the ball, I’m not rusty at all. I’m just having to train my body back into some of these movements.’’

That’s good news for the Chiefs, who are looking for receivers to claim some available playing time. Boerigter is a prime candidate.

He missed all of the off-season practices because of knee rehabilitation, making a strong return to camp even more important. Boerigter has practiced only once each day, which he said was more precautionary than anything.

“It’s kind of up to me,’’ he said. “There’s no reason for going one a day because my knee is healthy. They’re looking at saving the wear and tear. I feel pretty good doing it this way. I’d hate to do a ton of two-a-days and then have a setback or something and have to take a couple of days off.

“Eventually, I’ll go to two practices a day.’’

The Chiefs took today off fro

m practice. Camp resumes Friday with morning and afternoon workouts.

Imo, if Bo can stay healthy, he'll win the starting WR spot. Parker would make for a good slot receiver.

htismaqe 08-04-2005 03:30 PM

Until he can practice all the time, he's not having a strong camp.

He's having a strong HALF of camp.

KCChiefsMan 08-04-2005 04:00 PM

if he could come back to his rookie form that would be HUGE!!

go bo 08-04-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Until he can practice all the time, he's not having a strong camp.

He's having a strong HALF of camp.

hater! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Rausch 08-04-2005 04:14 PM

Bo would be a better Slot reciever.

Parker is better suited for the quick slants and timing routes Morton ran. And when you look back, Bo's hands weren't all that impressive either...

Hammock Parties 08-04-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Bo would be a better Slot reciever.

Parker is better suited for the quick slants and timing routes Morton ran. And when you look back, Bo's hands weren't all that impressive either...

Bo's hands were fine his first year here. His second year he had an eye problem, which led to all the drops. That's been corrected.

Iowanian 08-04-2005 04:21 PM

I do hope this is true, but I really expected him to be shown as an overachiever who didn't have the athletic talent to make up for the injury.

IMO, his biggest Loss to the team wasn't recieving the ball....it was Gunning on Punts where he was sorely missed.

Terribilis 08-04-2005 04:23 PM

man he would be an awesome slot reciever this year if he's healthy

htismaqe 08-04-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Bo's hands were fine his first year here. His second year he had an eye problem, which led to all the drops. That's been corrected.

Bo himself said there was no eye problem.

Hammock Parties 08-04-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Bo himself said there was no eye problem.

Guh? So it was all BS?

Deberg_1990 08-04-2005 06:03 PM

Ill never forget that outstanding 99 yard TD catch and run he made in 2002 against the Chargers. Id love to see more stuff like that out of him obviously, but im not 100% sold on him yet. Im sure the coaches would throw the ball his way more if they trusted his hands......At this point, if he makes the team, great....if not, then i have to trust the coaches that he just wasnt consistant enough.

Thig Lyfe 08-04-2005 06:04 PM

The Great White Hope!

Mecca 08-04-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf
The Great White Hope!

Chris Horn seems to have jumped into that fray aswell.

htismaqe 08-04-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Guh? So it was all BS?

I posted it yesterday, I heard him in an interview like Monday say the eye thing wasn't true.

go bo 08-04-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

I posted it yesterday, I heard him in an interview like Monday say the eye thing wasn't true.

not true, or not a problem?

i've heard him say that the vision thing didn't affect his play several times...

and i've also read quite a few times that he did have some sort of corrective eye surgery or something (but, again, he said at the time that the vision thing was never a problem for him and was no excuse for his sophmore performance)...