ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Obesity is a disease not a decision" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274334)

Saul Good 07-10-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9803317)
On Fridays, I could easily do that if I wanted. I had to hold myself back last Friday and still ate 7500.

One day? Sure.

Every day? No chance.

Silock 07-10-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9803375)
One day? Sure.

Every day? No chance.

I bet I could. Easily. I love those little Entemanns donuts, and each bag is like 2k calories. Three of those, plus my regular food would easily get me there, because its mostly fat. Now, eating a "clean" 8-10k calories is totally different.

alnorth 07-10-2013 06:16 PM

Odd coincidence that this thread showed up now. Yesterday, I finally decided to get serious. The last 7 or 8 years I've been at least 50 pounds overweight (now probably about 70 pounds). I'd make half-hearted attempts at losing weight, I briefly did well with a low-carb diet but the lack of variety led me to fail that diet, and I never exercised more than a month.

Now, my knees are starting to hurt and I'm having trouble sleeping. I think thats all the motivation I needed, it feels real now. I'm aiming for losing 40 and getting under 205 by the end of the year with a high protein somewhat-low carb diet and exercise.

I think obesity could theoretically be a disease if someone has some kind of bona-fide "food addiction", but I think thats rare. Most overweight people are either terrified of hunger (not realizing that occasional mild hunger is normal and healthy), eat out of boredom, or just don't care.

CoMoChief 07-10-2013 07:41 PM

The shit these companies put in our food is causing people to blow up. On the other hand these obese people know just about every food that comes in a brown paper bag or is commercially packaged w/ preservatives etc is bad for you and they continue to eat it because it doesn't give them nutrients their bodies need it just temporarily satisfies their brain into thinking they're not hungry anymore, until they get hungry again just a couple hrs later and their body's trained to want that kind of food. That's why some people eat fast food everyday.

Kerberos 07-13-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9799056)
Wait... you were 6'1", 255 lbs and less than 7% body fat????? You would have been a shredded beast.

It was 1993 and I WISH I had a picture to prove my point... but I don't. KCFalcon59 could confirm this. He knows me as well as anyone especially then. YES I was a shredded beast. VERY proportional as well. My biggest downfall then was working for Coca Cola and working 16 hours a day and my eating habbits and exercise were f**ked.

Omaha 07-14-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 9810548)
It was 1993 and I WISH I had a picture to prove my point... but I don't. KCFalcon59 could confirm this. He knows me as well as anyone especially then. YES I was a shredded beast. VERY proportional as well. My biggest downfall then was working for Coca Cola and working 16 hours a day and my eating habbits and exercise were f**ked.

Yeah. That happened to me when I graduated college and went to work at a cpa firm. I started working long hours and gaining weight like a lazy bitch during freshman year. it took me a few years to realize I couldn't live like that so I changed career paths so I could get back in shape and stop feeling like a worthless piece of shit.

teedubya 07-14-2013 12:59 PM

I've been eating like a vegan for the past 9 days and I'm down 10.2lbs.

Actually, I'm more eating like a Veganazi. Because, I've had no soda, no sweets, no processed foods, no dairy, no meat...

I'm doing it to retrain my body and flush the cholesterol out of my system... I'll always be a carnivore... but in less amounts.

Eating vegan for 30 days is more of a discipline mindset and taking control over food, instead of the other way around. I work at a computer desk all day, so I had to stop mindlessly "fog eating"...

All of the meals that I've had so far, have been beyond delicious. Yesterday at Worlds of Fun all day, was tough... but luckily, there was a PandaExpress.

Easy 6 07-14-2013 01:48 PM

A small percentage of obese people are that way due to overactive thyroids, the majority are that way due to pure laziness and lack of self-discipline.

Just another PC sham perpetrated by an organization that should definitely know better.

BigCatDaddy 07-14-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9811866)
A small percentage of obese people are that way due to overactive thyroids, the majority are that way due to pure laziness and lack of self-discipline.

Just another PC sham perpetrated by an organization that should definitely know better.

You mean underactive, hypothyroidism.

Prison Bitch 07-14-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9811866)

We all know where this is leading don't we? To fats being protected as a "disadvantaged" class, with government protections. Anti-disrimination stuff. Probably allow them to sit in the handicap seats at stadiums and park in the handicap spots. And we all know which political party will go after them with this line of thinking.

Cannibal 07-14-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9812493)
We all know where this is leading don't we? To fats being protected as a "disadvantaged" class, with government protections. Anti-disrimination stuff. Probably allow them to sit in the handicap seats at stadiums and park in the handicap spots. And we all know which political party will go after them with this line of thinking.

You're such a miserable person. You're over the top paranoid and all you do is complain about everything. Perhaps you should seek help.

lewdog 07-14-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9812493)

If I wanted this thread to be in the DC I would have put it there myself.

STFU douche.

houstonwhodat 07-15-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9811622)
I've been eating like a vegan for the past 9 days and I'm down 10.2lbs.

Actually, I'm more eating like a Veganazi. Because, I've had no soda, no sweets, no processed foods, no dairy, no meat...

I'm doing it to retrain my body and flush the cholesterol out of my system... I'll always be a carnivore... but in less amounts.

Eating vegan for 30 days is more of a discipline mindset and taking control over food, instead of the other way around. I work at a computer desk all day, so I had to stop mindlessly "fog eating"...

All of the meals that I've had so far, have been beyond delicious. Yesterday at Worlds of Fun all day, was tough... but luckily, there was a PandaExpress.

What the hell did you eat at Panda Express that was healthy?

Everything there is full of sugar, salt.

Fish 07-15-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9813047)

Panda Express says "**** you vegetarians!"

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5632/o8d6.jpg

loochy 07-15-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9813047)

There is enough salt in one meal to dry up 58,023,123 slugs.