ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Obesity is a disease not a decision" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274334)

Chief Roundup 07-06-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9795422)
My rule of thumb:

If a person's condition improves by simply being locked in a room for a month while being fed bread and water then it's not a disease.

Really you are almost trying to kill them. You know that bread and water will give a person horrible diarrhea leading to dehydration. Bread and water was a form of punishment.

Brock 07-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795474)
Really you are almost trying to kill them. You know that bread and water will give a person horrible diarrhea leading to dehydration. Bread and water was a form of punishment.

ROFL it would cause constipation if anything.

houstonwhodat 07-06-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9795213)
Over-eating causes obesity (a condition) which causes diseases (like heart disease and diabetes).

This is the same line of shit they pull with alcoholism. Alcoholism is not a disease. It's a self inflicted condition created by the choices that person has made. Obesity is a self inflicted condition that raises your chance of all kinds of diseases, but people are not simply 'stricken' with obesity unless they have a legit medical condition (as some do).

You are a ****ing idiot.

houstonwhodat 07-06-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9795225)
This is why I am not sure that it is a disease. If you take the line that addiction is a disease, then you could even say that obesity is just a symptom. My point is that you can't argue that something isn't a disease because it is the result of choice.

This.

People who are obese are not necessarily lazy.

They have addiction problems. Same as alcohol.

Alcoholism and Obesity are symptoms of the disease and the disease is addiction.

You can be addicted to anything some without negative consequences.

You can be addicted to work, working out, sex, chocolate, food, alcohol, etc.

Anorexia is a symptom of of the disease of addiction. The addiction of wanting to be thin at all costs.

lewdog 07-06-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9795486)
This.

People who are obese are not necessarily lazy.

They have addiction problems. Same as alcohol.

Alcoholism and Obesity are symptoms of the disease and the disease is addiction.

You can be addicted to anything some without negative consequences.

You can be addicted to work, working out, sex, chocolate, food, alcohol, etc.

Anorexia is a symptom of of the disease of addiction. The addiction of wanting to be thin at all costs.

You're fat, aren't you?

Am I addicted to exercise because I go 3-4x a week and eat healthy and like to look good with my shirt off?

The "I can be addicted to anything" is a tiresome argument.

Brock 07-06-2013 05:27 PM

I accept that there are fat people wh cannot control their problem, be it mental or physical. Let's go crazy and say it's half of them. That still leaves millions of people who are choosing to be obese.

houstonwhodat 07-06-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9795492)
You're fat, aren't you?

Am I addicted to exercise because I go 3-4x a week and eat healthy and like to look good with my shirt off?

So you like guys with their shirt off?

I knew it.

BigMeatballDave 07-06-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9795492)
You're fat, aren't you?

Narcissism isn't a disease.

But it can lead to douchebaggery. :)

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9795501)
I accept that there are fat people wh cannot control their problem, be it mental or physical. Let's go crazy and say it's half of them. That still leaves millions of people who are choosing to be obese.

true

addiction is a disease of sorts but still millions and millions of people who just don't care enough to exercise and eat right. People who talk about 'comfort food' are a good example.

a large % people need to cut how much they eat literally in half

houstonwhodat 07-06-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9795531)
true

addiction is a disease of sorts but still millions and millions of people who just don't care enough to exercise and eat right. People who talk about 'comfort food' are a good example.

a large % people need to cut how much they eat literally in half

They get addicted to alcohol, food, sex, whatever because they are going through DEPRESSION.

That is the real problem.

Rasputin 07-06-2013 05:58 PM

I'm not fat, but I could lose about 10 pounds to be at my ideal healthy weight.

The problem I have is I try to buy healthy food at the groc. store but it seems more expensive than buying what gets us by. "Healthy Choice" say is more expensive than "Banquet" food products. That is just an example. Diet food cost more than regular foods. So I know "Healthy Choice" or "Smart Choice" brands are good for me but I chose "Banquet" product because it is cheaper and on a budget.

That is an example of what I think is part of the problem & no one really brings up the cost of diet food vs regular foods.

Hamburger & other meats cost more with less fat content. I don't pay much attention except the cost of the product if I can afford it.

These are issues I think America has & part of why people get so fat.

Chief Roundup 07-06-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9795479)
ROFL it would cause constipation if anything.

Bread is a fiber and water will flush you. You in no way would end up constipated.
Diarrhea is the reason for the Bread and Water punishment.

bevischief 07-06-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9795092)
That is definitely the agenda. We are all going to get raped having to pay for this shit.

This.

blaise 07-06-2013 06:20 PM

Get ready for fast food, junk food and soda taxes.

Buck 07-06-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795572)
Bread is a fiber and water will flush you. You in no way would end up constipated.
Diarrhea is the reason for the Bread and Water punishment.

What.