ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Appropriate Halloween Costume? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266020)

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9071282)
Does that offend white people?

It probably should. :Poke:

ModSocks 11-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071271)
he's my son. and my ex-wife dressed him up this way. Does that make it good enough?

So then there's YOUR problem right there.

You have some close issues with people dying from terrorists and you don't want your son dressed up as one.

Dude.....That is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Woodchuck 11-01-2012 11:14 AM

It's no big deal. I actually went to a party as Bin Laden about five years ago and people loved it. If I could do it then, he can do it now.

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9071290)
So then there's YOUR problem right there.

You have some close issues with people dying from terrorists and you don't want your son dressed up as one.

Dude.....That is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I figured it was, that's why I kept that part separated at first.

Oh, and I do appreciate all the feedback, not the end of the world, just a little twisted that this happened.

Bowser 11-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071287)
maybe a better question for some of us chiefs fans, would you let your son dress up as a Raider's fan, with face paint and shoulder pads? Would you walk around your neighborhood trick-or-treating with him? LOL

Jesus. I don't want him getting his ass kicked. The **** is wrong with you?

Donger 11-01-2012 11:17 AM

Are the explosives real? If so, no.

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9071297)
Jesus. I don't want him getting his ass kicked. The **** is wrong with you?

ROFL

dressed as a raider fan in KC gets your ass kicked. Dressed as a suicide bomber gets laughs. what the **** is wrong with this country?

I'm smiling right now but, geeez

Bowser 11-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071271)
he's my son. and my ex-wife dressed him up this way. Does that make it good enough?

Ah, the crux of the situation.

Is the problem your kid going out like that, or that you just hate your ex and everything she does? Basically, do you think she dressed him up like that to dig on you?

ModSocks 11-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071295)
I figured it was, that's why I kept that part separated at first.

Oh, and I do appreciate all the feedback, not the end of the world, just a little twisted that this happened.

Yeah man, if it's your son and terrorism is something that has affected your friends and family.....that's something completely different and you certainly have a case to make.

ModSocks 11-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9071302)

Is the problem your kid going out like that, or that you just hate your ex and everything she does? Basically, do you think she dressed him up like that to dig on you?

I think it's more about he doesn't want to see his son dressed up as someone who's taken the life of a friend or someone close. I can see how that can touch a nerve.

wazu 11-01-2012 11:20 AM

If it's somebody else's kid I just chuckle and move on, but I wouldn't let my own kid wear that costume.

suds79 11-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9071291)
It's no big deal. I actually went to a party as Bin Laden about five years ago and people loved it. If I could do it then, he can do it now.

How old were you at this party?

Bowser 11-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9071307)
I think it's more about he doesn't want to see his son dressed up as someone who's taken the life of a friend or someone close. I can see how that can touch a nerve.

I can agree with that. Throw in that the ex did this, and even more pissed off-edness rises to the surface.

ChiefsPlanet Therapy Sessions are 150/hr, by the way.

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9071302)

no, I know she's a good mom. I don't think she did to purposely offend me nor did he. But when I brought it up the first reactions I got were, "get a life" from her, the step dad (we really ended up getting into it) and some of their friends.

I rarely say anything about some of the parenting issues I disagree with, but I would like to think my opinion would matter a little more when I do. Again, I know at the end of the day she's a good mom and he's a good kid. But I still feel a knot in my stomach over the picture.

wazu 11-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9071311)
How old were you at this party?

I actually don't see how age matters. If something is sexually inappropriate then age does matter, but something like this is either generally acceptable or it isn't.