ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Have you ever been shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267162)

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:36 PM

Have you ever been shot?

The thread about the Minnesota guy makes me curious.

In the movies, we see guys take multiple shots and they're still limping around returning fire, and in the next scene they're fine again.

In real life, I know one guy who shot himself in the foot while climbing a fence, and he said that it really, really hurt and he expressed skepticism about the movie people limping around returning fire. However, he wasn't in a fight for his life, so it's possible that his adrenaline wasn't running on overdrive.

So has anyone here been shot? And how did you feel in the first five minutes? First five hours? Next day? I recognize that the outcome may be different if you're shot in different parts of the body, so please note the location of the gunshot if you have a story to tell. Caliber too, if known.

I made the poll multiple choice for those of you who have been shot multiple times.

For the record, I got shot by an arrow once, but it just grazed me. Other than a scrape, I had no problem and could have easily mounted a counterattack had I chosen to do so.

NewChief 11-28-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod's Fridge
I have!

Bugeater 11-28-2012 12:45 PM

Yep, my brother shot me in the back with an air rifle in 1981. Spent the first three days of summer vacation in the hospital, and I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

As far as how it felt, it was like an extremely bad stomach cramp.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:45 PM

Where's the option for Yes, but if I tell anyone I'll be screwing up my witness protection deal?

seclark 11-28-2012 12:46 PM

knew a guy in school that shot himself in the back of his leg trying to quick-draw w/a .22 pistol.

few months after that, he ruptured a nut trying to hurdle over a chair. he said the nut hurt worse than the bullet.

sec

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9159363)
knew a guy in school that shot himself in the back of his leg trying to quick-draw w/a .22 pistol.

Was his name Cheddar Bob?

Bowser 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

few months after that, he ruptured a nut trying to hurdle over a chair. he said the nut hurt worse than the bullet.

sec

No way did that guy not win a Darwin award at some point.

The Franchise 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

I almost got shot in the head. It was ****ing close. I'm going to assume that it would have hurt.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9159361)
Yep, my brother shot me in the back with an air rifle in 1981. Spent the first three days of summer vacation in the hospital, and I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

As far as how it felt, it was like an extremely bad stomach cramp.

Whoa. You're still carrying the bullet? Cool.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9159367)
I almost got shot in the head. It was ****ing close. I'm going to assume that it would have hurt.

Story?

seclark 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9159364)
Was his name Cheddar Bob?

nope...jim. we all call him "one-nut" now.
sec

Johnny Vegas 11-28-2012 12:48 PM

if the option of shooting yourself in the head stays at 0 then I'd say that is the winner

Cheater5 11-28-2012 12:49 PM

Yes, right above the hip bone/lower right abdomen; clean through and through. Red-hot-zinger that didn't hurt right away and I kept shooting for a couple seconds before looking down to see why it hurt. I felt a thwack first, then a few seconds later the burning. It wasn't a bad wound to be honest, and I was lucky.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

sec

Now that I think about it, two of my high school classmate shot themselves. One guy shot himself in the arm accidentally, but I never asked him about it because he was the type who might randomly shoot you. The other guy shot himself in the head, and I didn't ask him because...well...you know.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9159379)
Yes, right above the hip bone/lower right abdomen; clean through and through. Red-hot-zinger that didn't hurt right away and I kept shooting for a couple seconds before looking down to see why it hurt. I felt a thwack first, then a few seconds later the burning. It wasn't a bad wound to be honest, and I was lucky.

So could you have mounted a counterattack? And were you out of commission for a while, or was just a 'bandage and move on' deal? I presume it didn't hit any internal organs?

Dartgod 11-28-2012 12:52 PM

Shot to the heart and you're to blame.

bevischief 11-28-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9159374)
nope...jim. we all call him "one-nut" now.
sec

ROFL

Dartgod 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

sec

My dad did that as a young man.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

People always shoot for the moon, but I'm too busy aiming at stars.

The Franchise 11-28-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9159369)
Story?

I posted it on here once before......went and tried to find it but no luck. Guess I'm typing that shit up again.

Basically a buddy and I were getting high in his basement when he thought it would be a great idea to bring out his new rifle to show me. Long story short....it was behind him....he grabbed it and swung it past my head....it got to about 3-4 inches in front of my face and it went off. Instant buzzkill and to this day there are times where my left ear rings for no reason.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9159404)
I posted it on here once before......went and tried to find it but no luck. Guess I'm typing that shit up again.

Basically a buddy and I were getting high in his basement when he thought it would be a great idea to bring out his new rifle to show me. Long story short....it was behind him....he grabbed it and swung it past my head....it got to about 3-4 inches in front of my face and it went off. Instant buzzkill and to this day there are times where my left ear rings for no reason.

Damn. You still hang out with that guy?

The Franchise 11-28-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9159407)
Damn. You still hang out with that guy?

No. This was over 10 years ago. I left for the Air Force and 2 weeks later his house got raided. He's out now but he spent 8 years in lockup.

ghak99 11-28-2012 12:57 PM

I took a ball bearing from a sling shot one time. It hurt, but very little blood was shed. Counter attack was very successful... total destruction.

When you put a fat blunt tip on one of those tent poles with the strings run through them it hurts like **** coming out of a crossbow. Absolutely no counter attack was mounted that day. Couldn't breath, bruised ribs, complete surrender.

Kid I went to high school with took a bullet in the shoulder/trap, but it had came through glass and bounced off the truck cab. He claimed it hurt like hell and burned like it was on fire. Generally speaking he's a big vagina, so assume he cried all the way to the hospital. Its been over a decade and I'm pretty sure he still milks the injury. I think he still has the part of the bullet they removed.

Local reerun put a 22 bullet between his eyes and lived. I won't go near the crazy **** to ask him, but others have. He compared it to getting knocked out in a fight, waking up with a little blood on your face, and going to the hospital to get stitches.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9159410)
No. This was over 10 years ago. I left for the Air Force and 2 weeks later his house got raided. He's out now but he spent 8 years in lockup.

That's good. The moment the gun went off would've ended any association with that guy for me.

pr_capone 11-28-2012 12:58 PM

I have never been shot but judging by the pained expression on the faces of the people I have shot... I would venture to say that it is quite excruciating. That said, people can/have/will continue moving forward after being shot but it depends on several factors such as the caliber of the round that hit them, where it hit them, and if they are drugged up in any way.

CoMoChief 11-28-2012 12:59 PM

I've been "zing'd" above the armpit by a shot gun pellet pheasant hunting about 5 yrs ago. Stung a little bit and barely drew blood. And thats with all of my cold weather gear on etc.

Frosty 11-28-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9159391)
Shot to the heart and you're to blame.

Darling, you give me a Band-aid.

Donger 11-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9159379)

Were you in combat in some far away land, or in Oakland?

loochy 11-28-2012 01:07 PM

I played paintball.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 01:08 PM

Anybody on here from stl has probably been shot but won't talk about it.

Sorter 11-28-2012 01:09 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159429)

Cheater5 11-28-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159429)

The former. Like I said, it looked worse than it was and put a hole through the love-handle, right below the edge of my body armor.

InChiefsHeaven 11-28-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9159464)
The former. Like I said, it looked worse than it was and put a hole through the love-handle, right below the edge of my body armor. I still am not sure how it happened considering the circumstances, and believe it might have been a ricochet.

Wow. Lucky it didn't fragment all over the place if a ricochet. And, I guess it's one reason to be thankful for the love handles!

Bump 11-28-2012 01:15 PM

nope

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 01:21 PM

Yes I have been shot in the head if a graze counts. Got me just enough to tear and burn the hair and skin on the top right side of my head.
I was 23 years old at the time. I was a pretty big man whore. Anyway there was a chic that I worked with that was attractive. One thing lead to another and we ended up at her place and before you know it we are in the bed going at it. Next thing I know is I hear this click, click, click sound, the hammer being pulled back on a .38 revolver, I see the look on her face and realize it is her husband. Yes I knew she was married. He put the barrel against my head and as soon as I moved he shot. That was the last time I have ever had sex with a married woman.

Donger 11-28-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9159486)
Yes I have been shot in the head if a graze counts. Got me just enough to tear and burn the hair and skin on the top right side of my head.
I was 23 years old at the time. I was a pretty big man whore. Anyway there was a chic that I worked with that was attractive. One thing lead to another and we ended up at her place and before you know it we are in the bed going at it. Next thing I know is I hear this click, click, click sound, the hammer being pulled back on a .38 revolver, I see the look on her face and realize it is her husband. Yes I knew she was married. He put the barrel against my head and as soon as I moved he shot. That was the last time I have ever had sex with a married woman.

Neat. I presume that you fled? Did he take any other shots at you?

Mr. Laz 11-28-2012 01:31 PM

hit with bat ... check
stabbed ........ check
shot ............. check

whoman69 11-28-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

sec

Is this one of those stories where you use someone else as an example for your own experience?

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159495)
Neat. I presume that you fled? Did he take any other shots at you?

Not very "neat" to me. It was stupid on part to put myself in that situation. No I didn't flee the scene. He started screaming because he thought he hit her and not me. When he dropped the gun I grabbed the bat that was by the bed and hit him repeatedly. We both went to jail. He got charged with attempted murder but ended up with illegal possession of a handgun in a plea deal. I got charged with aggrevated assault, which was later dropped.

Donger 11-28-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9159509)
Not very "neat" to me. It was stupid on part to put myself in that situation. No I didn't flee the scene. He started screaming because he thought he hit her and not me. When he dropped the gun I grabbed the bat that was by the bed and hit him repeatedly. We both went to jail. He got charged with attempted murder but ended up with illegal possession of a handgun in a plea deal. I got charged with aggrevated assault, which was later dropped.

Neat. What was the female doing?

threebag 11-28-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9159502)
hit with bat ... check
stabbed ........ check
shot ............. check

This

seclark 11-28-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9159507)
Is this one of those stories where you use someone else as an example for your own experience?

nope...got both my nuts still in the bag.
sec

InChiefsHeaven 11-28-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Damn. Glad you learned your lesson.

Fish 11-28-2012 01:45 PM

My cousin shot me with his 20 gauge when we were dove hunting. He was on one side of the pond, and I was on the other. He followed a dove in, and ended up pointing right at me when he shot. It was really minor though. Tiny pellets for dove. Only 5-6 of the pellets actually broke the skin, and even then they popped right out when squeezing it like a zit.

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159512)
Neat. What was the female doing?

Motionless, eyes wide open but never said a word. When she wouldnt answer me I thought she was dead, I freaked out grabbed my shit and went outside, where I put my pants on. A neighbor came up and I asked them to call 911

BigCatDaddy 11-28-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

hit with bat ... check
stabbed ........ check
shot ............. check

Understandable.

Donger 11-28-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9159536)
Motionless, eyes wide open but never said a word. When she wouldnt answer me I thought she was dead, I freaked out grabbed my shit and went outside, where I put my pants on. A neighbor came up and I asked them to call 911

So you didn't finish.

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159542)
So you didn't finish.

Yup I just jumped right back up there and shoved it back in what I thought was her dead hole. :shake:

Donger 11-28-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9159546)
Yup I just jumped right back up there and shoved it back in what I thought was her dead hole. :shake:

That was a joke.

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159549)
That was a joke.

I know. I was playing along. With a note that that joke, however funny it might be, was just not right.

Or at least that was what I was trying to convey.

Frazod 11-28-2012 02:11 PM

I haven't, but my dad and uncle were both shot. My dad was shot by one of his friends who was playing with a loaded .22 revolver. Dad tried to tell the guy that the gun was loaded but he didn't listen - shot him just below his left collar bone. This happened when my mom was pregnant with me. By all accounts, she was not amused.

My uncle got shot when he got in a bar fight when he was in the Navy. The guy shot him in the lower abdomen with a small pistol. After getting shot, my uncle nearly beat the guy to death and got thrown in jail for assault. It was only after he continued to bleed profusely in his cell that they realized what had happened.

I'm assuming alcohol was involved in both instances. But when a guy who can show you a bullet wound tells you to be careful with guns, you do listen a bit more intently.

Graystoke 11-28-2012 02:22 PM

I was lucky that day.
When Trap Shooting with some friends. My friend lays down his shotgun on the range table, and it went off.
I had my Favorite Willie Nelson shirt on and it was to big, cause I am a small guy. I was sorta bent over when the gun went off. It was directed towards my torso, but all I ended up was getting a very bad flesh wound.
However the Willie Nelson shirt was shreded.

My Mom woulda killed my friend if he killed me. That was the summer I lost my only brother in a car accident. I never told her and I still got that shreded shirt

Radar Chief 11-28-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Guns don't kill people, husbands coming home early do.

Iowanian 11-28-2012 02:24 PM

I've never shot anyone that didn't have it coming.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

hit with bat ... check
stabbed ........ check
shot ............. check

I hope you learned to never go into a Denny's at 3 a.m. again.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-28-2012 02:31 PM

Got shot right in the ****ing eye yesterday ! TWICE!

Radar Chief 11-28-2012 02:34 PM

Used to work with a guy that shot himself in the calf with a 9mm and he said that hurt like a son-of-a-bitch, he couldn’t even hobble around on it. Some friends got him to the hospital <7 minutes from the gun shot and he almost bled out in that time.
New a different guy that got shot in the calf with a .22, someone playing around with a rifle that shouldn’t have been holding one, and he said he wasn’t even going to go to the hospital over it until the bullet hole started leaking again an hour later.
Caliber makes a huge difference.

Iowanian 11-28-2012 02:35 PM

It amazes me when I think about how many people I know who have been shot.

The general consensus I have taken from them is that getting shot feels like having a red hot railroad spike pounded through your body with a ball bat.

notorious 11-28-2012 02:36 PM

A friend of mine (who passed away years ago) got shot by his dog.

Easy 6 11-28-2012 02:37 PM

Nope, but i had a guy put a loaded snubnose .38 to my head for several minutes.

Time freezes.

Sorter 11-28-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9159637)
Used to work with a guy that shot himself in the calf with a 9mm and he said that hurt like a son-of-a-bitch, he couldn’t even hobble around on it. Some friends got him to the hospital <7 minutes from the gun shot and he almost bled out in that time.
New a different guy that got shot in the calf with a .22, someone playing around with a rifle that shouldn’t have been holding one, and he said he wasn’t even going to go to the hospital over it until the bullet hole started leaking again an hour later.
Caliber makes a huge difference.

He almost bled out from a 9mm to teh calf?

I hope he never takes an arrow to the knee.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9159643)
A friend of mine (who passed away years ago) got shot by his dog.

It was over a woman, wasn't it?

notorious 11-28-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9159649)
It was over a woman, wasn't it?

Not quite. Pheasant season.

He told me the story made Johnny Carson's show.

Donger 11-28-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9159654)
Not quite. Pheasant season.

He told me the story made Johnny Carson's show.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nd-jWxUl4nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 11-28-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9159656)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nd-jWxUl4nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

That's awesome.

Radar Chief 11-28-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9159648)
He almost bled out from a 9mm to teh calf?

I hope he never takes an arrow to the knee.

Yes, the bullet traveled from the upper inside of his calf down towards the outside blowing a little less than half the outside of his calf away. He still has a monstrous cavity in his leg from it and he was using FMJ’s not hollow points.

Sorter 11-28-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9159679)
Yes, the bullet traveled from the upper inside of his calf down towards the outside blowing a little less than half the outside of his calf away. He still has a monstrous cavity in his leg from it and he was using FMJ’s not hollow points.

WTF ROFL

That does sound like a poor experience.

Radar Chief 11-28-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9159685)
WTF ROFL

That does sound like a poor experience.

At least he knows better than go to jacking around with a loaded gun in a moving car now.

Sorter 11-28-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9159688)
At least he knows better than go to jacking around with a loaded gun in a moving car now.

LMAO this story just keeps getting better.

Iowanian 11-28-2012 02:55 PM

I wish you hadn't posted this so close to shotgun deer season.

okoye35chiefs 11-28-2012 03:08 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/ima...0731144014.jpg

my ship!!!

Fish 11-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9159735)

Did somebody stick their finger in the barrel?

DC.chief 11-28-2012 03:18 PM

My father was shot in the back from about 10 feet away with an AR15 by a deputy. And I watched it happen. Long depressing story. Needless to say he didn't live.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9159759)
My father was shot in the back from about 10 feet away with an AR15 by a deputy. And I watched it happen. Long depressing story. Needless to say he didn't live.

Yikes. Sorry to hear about that. I'm not exactly sure what else to say.

Rasputin 11-28-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9159759)

Maybe he shouldn't have shot the sherriff?

Sorry man (bad karma).

Prison Bitch 11-28-2012 04:19 PM

no but one of my friends one time was stabbed on the side of 435 & metcalf after arguing with a road rage idiot

tooge 11-28-2012 04:21 PM

other than by a bb gun, no.

Rasputin 11-28-2012 04:26 PM

Like Rain Man I got shot by an arrow. I was ten and my dipshit brother thought it would be funny to shoot me with an arrow that didn't have the point tip on it. Got hit in the chest and knocked me to the ground. Had a circle ring in the middle of my chest. I didn't cry but hurt like hell.

I got him back a few years later with a Roman Candle firework. :evil:

Sorter 11-28-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9159868)
Like Rain Man I got shot by an arrow. I was ten and my dipshit brother thought it would be funny to shoot me with an arrow that didn't have the point tip on it. Got hit in the chest and knocked me to the ground. Had a circle ring in the middle of my chest. I didn't cry but hurt like hell.

I got him back a few years later with a Roman Candle firework. :evil:

Should have just had your dog get him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vAGPHessWYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 11-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9159872)
Should have just had your dog get him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vAGPHessWYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The dog missed, I didn't miss. lol :thumb: