ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143304)

Baby Lee 03-29-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13494534)
You need to watch them in order from the beginning for maximum enjoyment.

Because of the implication. . .

Easy 6 03-30-2018 04:23 AM

Did a mini-marathon of this last night from 7-10 on Viceland, cant remember the last time I laughed so much in a 3 hour span

Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead
The Gang Gets Taken Hostage
The Gang Runs For Office
The Gang Become Garbage Men

Those were just a few, man did I screw up by not getting into this back when it was in production... this show is an absolute classic

Rausch 03-30-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13494795)
Because of the implication. . .

The evolution of his character is by far my favorite aspect of the show.

Third Eye 03-30-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13495812)
Did a mini-marathon of this last night from 7-10 on Viceland, cant remember the last time I laughed so much in a 3 hour span

Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead
The Gang Gets Taken Hostage
The Gang Runs For Office
The Gang Become Garbage Men

Those were just a few, man did I screw up by not getting into this back when it was in production... this show is an absolute classic

I think I get what you’re saying, but I just wanted to point out that the show is still in production. 2 more seasons to go.

Dayze 03-30-2018 11:33 AM

I watched Flowers for Charlie last night. my god, I forgot how good that was. Charlie is given a pill to make him smarter, only it was basically a sugar pill, but that didn't stop Charlie from believing he was getting smarter.

Mac & Dennis: Manhunters - (Frank convinces Dee & Charlie they've eaten human meat, and Mac & Dennis 'hunt' Cricket)

I forget the episode name, but the episode where they put hidden cameras in Charlie's Mom's house to monitor her safety with Mac's Mom; then they turn it into a sitcom by adding sound effects and laugh tracks. LMAO

and yeah, the evolution of Dennis is great. an absolute psychopath lol.

raybec 4 03-30-2018 12:37 PM

You've got to pay the troll toll if you want the boys hole.

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13496301)
You've got to pay the troll toll if you want the boys hole.

boy's soul.

Pepe Silvia 03-30-2018 01:26 PM

Hips and Nips otherwise I'm not eating.

Jewish Rabbi 03-30-2018 09:43 PM

LOOK OUT FA%%OT!

Nickhead 03-31-2018 11:22 PM

comedy intermission :thumb:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iNzGMMCz6gM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 04-01-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13496955)
LOOK OUT FA%%OT!

LMAO

HC_Chief 04-02-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13496955)
LOOK OUT FA%%OT!

Wife and I lost our shit when he yelled that. So g'damn funny :D

OKchiefs 04-06-2018 10:26 PM

Is this show coming back or not?

Baby Lee 04-07-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13506554)
Is this show coming back or not?

Eventually, and apparently Dennis is as well.

The show was delayed, and Dennis' return was put in question because Dennis and Dee both have network shows of their own, and Dennis has been talking about moving on with his career.

https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/al...-season-280097

Dayze 04-09-2018 07:56 PM

There are so many great one liners.
Frank has a ton of them.

BOTCHED!

And when Dennis is reading his own erotic memoirs to Mac and Frank, MAC comments on how erotic the tales are. Frank agrees, and noes “yeah, I’m gettin’ all boned up over here”.

I honestly can’t believe that after watching this show in what I think is its entirety, DeVito plays such a good character I can’t think of him in any other character that he’s ever done. Despite seeing many movies with him in them. He’s now “Frank “ all the time in my mind.

One of the most hilariously ****ed up episodes when Charlie gives Frank hickies that the use to pass off as lesions for Frank’s AIDS so they can’t get front of the line privileges LMAO
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dGW-xK22TNk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

banecat 04-09-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13510250)
Frank has a ton of them.

BOTCHED!

And when Dennis is reading his own erotic memoirs to Mac and Frank, MAC comments on how erotic the tales are. Frank agrees, and noes “yeah, I’m gettin’ all boned up over here”.

I honestly can’t believe that after watching this show in what I think is its entirety, DeVito plays such a good character I can’t think of him in any other character that he’s ever done. Despite seeing many movies with him in them. He’s now “Frank “ all the time in my mind.

One of the most hilariously ****ed up episodes when Charlie gives Frank hickies that the use to pass off as lesions form Frank AIDS so they can’t get front of the line privileges LMAO
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dGW-xK22TNk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, so many that it's not easy to choose. One of my favorite Frank moments was when he was in the news studio on air eating a sandwich, and had two guns

Dayze 04-09-2018 09:16 PM

I love the randomness at which Frank can, and does, produce a pistol.

Baby Lee 04-09-2018 10:52 PM

God damn it Dee, you haven't thought of the SMELL, you BITCH!!

Baby Lee 04-09-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Frank has a ton of them.

BOTCHED!

Oops, I seem to have dropped my Magnum condom, which I use to sheathe my monster dong.

banecat 04-09-2018 11:17 PM

The DENNIS System

Nickhead 04-10-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Frank has a ton of them.

BOTCHED!

One of the most hilariously ****ed up episodes when Charlie gives Frank hickies that the use to pass off as lesions for Frank’s AIDS so they can’t get front of the line privileges LMAO

i lost my shit when frank went down that slide after a small bottle of water was thrown down first ROFL

Why Not? 04-10-2018 01:14 PM

Wild card, bitches!!!!

raybec 4 04-10-2018 01:27 PM

I repeat, I do not want to have sex with your kids!

Dayze 04-10-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13511077)
I repeat, I do not want to have sex with your kids!

“WWhoa....boy. That’s it. I’m done. I’m goin’ away”.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hTwG6xdLGBY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love the fact he enlisted a mortician to do his makeup for the pageant. LMAO.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2jBBQQkDL0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 08-22-2018 11:09 PM

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pM8kz_r2vqw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stumppy 08-23-2018 08:16 AM

ROFL

"That was amazing"

Dayze 08-23-2018 08:50 AM

I sense that there's a theme where maybe Mac finally get's swole / super strong. he looked pretty cut up; and,....in two instances lifted up a person off of the ground.

good to see some Artimis. She cracks me up.

bowener 08-23-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13687694)
I sense that there's a theme where maybe Mac finally get's swole / super strong. he looked pretty cut up; and,....in two instances lifted up a person off of the ground.

good to see some Artimis. She cracks me up.

I'm hoping a theme is how much Dennis ****ed them all over all the time, and while he is away they have all been better off.

Mac being ****ing shredded is going to be great.

rocknrolla 08-23-2018 10:19 AM

Im thinking this could be the final season, or preping for big finally. This season has much better production, One of the top sitcoms of all time!

Dayze 08-23-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 13687849)
Im thinking this could be the final season, or preping for big finally. This season has much better production, One of the top sitcoms of all time!

I think I read that is is, indeed, the final season.

scho63 08-23-2018 11:35 AM

I have NEVER watched one episode and I may be doing myself a disservice.

I think it maybe time to binge watch.

What is the general concept of this show? Is it like Arrested Development or other similar dark comedies?

Dayze 08-23-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13688010)

What is the general concept of this show? Is it like Arrested Development or other similar dark comedies?

dude...I had 'heard ' about the show when it first came out. I watched maybe an episode or two, but then it just fell off my radar. I started watching about 6 months ago via re-runs

my god...what a fantastic show.

it's easily my favorite comedy on TV. at any given time, I probably have 30 episodes on my DVR. gets better each time I watch, and I always catch new things. Lots of meta humor going on.

essentially, just a show about a bunch of degenerates who pretty much ruin anyones lives they come into contact with.

Baby Lee 08-23-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

It's dark, but not reminiscent of AD.

AD is all about crafting the story around puns and gags and lines that the writers find funny. It's a joke machine pretending to be a narrative.

If I had to come up with a comparison that I thought was most accurate, picture if Seinfeld was created by real White trash instead of smug Manhattanites.

The central conceit is still 'complain about little everyday irritations, don't give a shit about anything outside your group of friends, and never learn anything from experience.' But, every quirk is kicked up a notch. Every shortcoming is just a little more explicit and sleazy.

And usually, that's where the humor resides for the show. It 'tackles' the same subject matter everybody else does. But just when you think you've seen the most depraved, reeruned, or outlandish take on the subject, the Sunny Crew comes along and does something more depraved, reeruned or outlandish, . . . and yet it still makes a sort of sense.

If I had to pick one scene that you could watch without context that gives you an idea of the Always Sunny ethos, . . .

<iframe width="966" height="543" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/11aQdZS9Jko" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 08-23-2018 12:41 PM

yeah, that's a pretty much spot on description.

I also find it interesting, that Charlie is pretty much the only character that has remained prtty much the same as when the show started, more or less. Dee as well in some regard.

Mac, Dennis, and Frank have evolved quite a bit.
Dennis and Frank especially - though, it totally opposite directions.

I'd say in order of evolution, started with who evolved the most
Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

so much so that now, Charlie is 'sort of' the most normal of the group LMAO.
dumb as a bag of hammers, but "normal" in the IASIP world.

EPodolak 08-23-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13688127)

I also find it interesting, that Charlie is pretty much the only character that has remained prtty much the same as when the show started, more or less. Dee as well in some regard.

Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

The "Charlie Work" episode where he had to take charge of the group and prepare the bar for a building inspection was fantastic :)

Dayze 08-23-2018 01:56 PM

if I recall, most of that episode of Charlie Work was basically filmed in one continuous shot. if not, it certainly felt like it.

Frank flushing his shoes and shirt because he gets nervous; rank painting himself in black paint and playing a recorder in the same key as the carbon monoxide detector and hiding in the basement.

The Joke Stool.

really good episode.

Kyle DeLexus 08-23-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13688295)
if I recall, most of that episode of Charlie Work was basically filmed in one continuous shot. if not, it certainly felt like it.

Frank flushing his shoes and shirt because he gets nervous; rank painting himself in black paint and playing a recorder in the same key as the carbon monoxide detector and hiding in the basement.

The Joke Stool.

really good episode.

Yeah, it was a lot of continuous shots. That was probably my favorite episode of the series, but Charlie has always been my guy so it was good to see him take charge.

OKchiefs 08-23-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13688127)

Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

I actually think he devolved at times. He started out somewhat normal but got crazier and more illiterate as time went on.

rocknrolla 08-23-2018 11:41 PM

I think Danny Devito added so much to the show. Maybe I'm being impartial, but I wonder if it would have lasted as long without him. "Who pooped the bed?" is my favorite episode.

scho63 08-24-2018 06:57 AM

I think I'm convinced......

I've binged watched so many shows the last 4-5 years on my computer with all the free sites, it's time to do the same with Always Sunny......

Thanks everyone for the details! :clap:

Dayze 08-24-2018 08:25 AM

I watched two of my favorites last night
"Mac & Dennis Buy a Timeshare"
and
"The Gang Breaks Dee"

Baby Lee 08-24-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13689352)
I watched two of my favorites last night
"Mac & Dennis Buy a Timeshare"
and
"The Gang Breaks Dee"

Dee dates a 'tard
Gas Crisis
Dee and Dennis go on welfare
Chardy McDennis
Nightman
Gang makes Lethal Weapon

Those are the ones that stick out

Dayze 08-24-2018 08:57 AM

There are soooo many good episodes, I don't think I can come up with a 'Favorite'.

Flowers for Charlie

The Gang Misses the Boat
Dennis is all irritated that the whole crew is just crazy.

Dennis: What if I said I wanted to become a man-cheetah right now? What would you do?

Frank: I’d go get the spots.

Dennis: He’s got spots!

at the end of the episode Dennis comes back in and wants to go back to how things were; then Frank bursts in and wants the same thing.
Frank" "You like it"?
Dennis: Yes (relieved)
lol
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zPWc5U7TRYQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I forget the name of the episode, but Frank and Dennis buy an old cop car, and Charlie dons a Serpico costume.

I love the one-liners.
Thundergun episode, Frank steals the tour boat, and the Japanese passengers ask "What happened to Captain Tom".
Frank says "....um.....uh. Captain Tom turned out to be a god damned Junkie"

LMAO

lcarus 08-24-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

The show gets better over the seasons. I watched some of the first season with a friend and didn't really get into it much. Devito doesn't appear until season 2, and he really devolves as a character until a bit later. And when I say "devolve" I mean it's hilarious to watch.

Now it's one of my favorite shows ever. 12 seasons and it's still hilarious as ever. All of the characters are funny. Including the chick, which is rare in tv imo.

lcarus 08-24-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13687897)
I think I read that is is, indeed, the final season.

They are signed on for a 14th season.

Dayze 08-24-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13689397)
They are signed on for a 14th season.

dang, well that's good. For whatever reason i thought this was the last one.

DMAC 08-24-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13688295)

The Joke Stool.

really good episode.

Dee obviously forgetting/refusing to move the dumpster which ends up being the only strike.

Beautifully done.

Jewish Rabbi 08-24-2018 07:32 PM

Man, the lottery ticket episode takes the cake for me. Something about Danny Devito shouting “Look out bundle of sticks” gets me every time.

Dayze 08-24-2018 07:45 PM

And how they go through like three abritrators and spend like 20 hours trying to figure out who owns the ticket. LMAO

The Gang Gets Analyzed is another good one that showcases their collective dysfunction.

Nickhead 08-25-2018 03:56 PM

too many to choose, and i don't watch it like i did previously, but the episode at the water park and (frank has aids?):

the dry water slide moment with bottle of water makes me laugh uncontrollably ROFL

EPodolak 08-25-2018 08:06 PM

....whatever the episode was, Mac is outed over his modified exercise bike :)

"Hate Crime" may be its name.

Demonpenz 08-25-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 13689785)
Dee obviously forgetting/refusing to move the dumpster which ends up being the only strike.

Beautifully done.

it was in homage to the continuous shot in True Detective.

Jewish Rabbi 08-25-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 13693109)
....whatever the episode was, Mac is outed over his modified exercise bike :)

"Hate Crime" may be its name.

Lol. Same episode as I mentioned. The Asspounder 3000

Easy 6 08-26-2018 11:59 AM

Watched 'The D.E.N.N.I.S System' for making any woman fall in love with you last night, this show is so damn good

'Call her pretending to be an angry neighbor - you're gonna die tonight, bitch! - then show up at her door moments later to save the day LMAO

Dayze 08-27-2018 06:14 AM

The last two letters of the system are my favorite.

Inspire Hope
Separate Entirely

scho63 08-27-2018 06:52 AM

Damn 14 seasons! They gotta be doing something really good.

I'm going to start watching this week. I'll see how many episodes and seasons I get in before regular season starts.

Dayze 08-27-2018 10:49 AM

I wished I had watched them all in order. But I just started watching in random order and it's still great. but, there are sometimes very subtle call backs to previous episodes that I didn't get/understand until after I had seen them all and watched them a few times.

Example;
Thundergun Express.
Dennis is in the car listening to all the audio tapes he's made of all the women he's brought back to his room. At the beginning of the episode, Mac implies that Dennis takes way to long to seduce his women. Dennis, of course, disagrees. So he's listening and evaluating his tapes. On one tape, you can hear Mac interrupt the process on tape, and while Dennis is the car he says frustratingly "....well, now I just have to demonstrate my value again..." - indicating that in this particular scenario, that is why it was taking so long to seduce her because he had to start the system all over from the beginning.

this is in reference to the "D" in the D.E.N.N.I.S. system - "Demonstrate Value". and I think that episode was earlier in the series by quite a bit.

The first time I watched the Thundergun episode, that little diddy slipped right past me.

not to mention, watching them in order, you get to see the gradual evolution of Dennis as he becomes more and more of a sociopath; and Mac, becomes more and more gay and more and more in denial.

watching in order, you get to see the gradual destruction of Cricket and you know how he got all of his wounds / got so messed up.

Easy 6 08-27-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13695035)
I wished I had watched them all in order. But I just started watching in random order and it's still great. but, there are sometimes very subtle call backs to previous episodes that I didn't get/understand until after I had seen them all and watched them a few times.

Example;
Thundergun Express.
Dennis is in the car listening to all the audio tapes he's made of all the women he's brought back to his room. At the beginning of the episode, Mac implies that Dennis takes way to long to seduce his women. Dennis, of course, disagrees. So he's listening and evaluating his tapes. On one tape, you can hear Mac interrupt the process on tape, and while Dennis is the car he says frustratingly "....well, now I just have to demonstrate my value again..." - indicating that in this particular scenario, that is why it was taking so long to seduce her because he had to start the system all over from the beginning.

this is in reference to the "D" in the D.E.N.N.I.S. system - "Demonstrate Value". and I think that episode was earlier in the series by quite a bit.

The first time I watched the Thundergun episode, that little diddy slipped right past me.

not to mention, watching them in order, you get to see the gradual evolution of Dennis as he becomes more and more of a sociopath; and Mac, becomes more and more gay and more and more in denial.

watching in order, you get to see the gradual destruction of Cricket and you know how he got all of his wounds / got so messed up.

I've just been randomly checking them out from Vicelands on-demand menu, not even sure if their order is correct... but I've literally never watched one where I didnt lol multiple times

The other one I watched after 'Dennis System' was, 'the Gang Wrestles for the Troops' or something like that, with guest star Rowdy Roddy... its all just so absurd, Franks wrasslin character 'The Garbageman' ends up slitting Crickets throat with a sharp edged trash can... the crowd goes wild, the end ROFL

Nickhead 08-27-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13694775)
Damn 14 seasons! They gotta be doing something really good.

I'm going to start watching this week. I'll see how many episodes and seasons I get in before regular season starts.

you better be mentally prepared to binge this show. by the end, you may have the mental capacity of charlie.

it would be like the pope watching all episodes of shameless and him not wanting to scam the church coffers ;)

Rausch 08-27-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13695552)
you better be mentally prepared to binge this show. by the end, you may have the mental capacity of charlie.

it would be like the pope watching all episodes of shameless and him not wanting to scam the church coffers ;)

This sounds like one of those wacky challenges I could do.

I've worked 4 days with 9 combined hours of sleep. Never for rewarding entertainment but I've done it.

And I was mostly operating on a "Charlie" level at that point but I think it's worth binging...in moderation.

patteeu 08-27-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13695537)
I've just been randomly checking them out from Vicelands on-demand menu, not even sure if their order is correct... but I've literally never watched one where I didnt lol multiple times

The other one I watched after 'Dennis System' was, 'the Gang Wrestles for the Troops' or something like that, with guest star Rowdy Roddy... its all just so absurd, Franks wrasslin character 'The Garbageman' ends up slitting Crickets throat with a sharp edged trash can... the crowd goes wild, the end ROFL

They're so much better when you watch them in order.

Easy 6 08-27-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13694754)
The last two letters of the system are my favorite.

Inspire Hope
Separate Entirely

N - Nurture Dependence

Dayze 08-27-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

That’s a great one.
Ben The Soldier and they gift him some Jorts. Artemis and Dee as Desert Rose. The Maniac, wrestling for like $25, and they find a bucket of walnuts in his car. Cricket “catches an edge” of the trash can (one of crickets many wounds). The Birds of Prey.

Same here,...I’ve probably seen them all a few times. I always have about 30 episodes in my dvr. I just watched Franks Little Darlings tonight. LMAO.
Mac still in the process of “cultivating mass” by lugging around a trash bag full of Mexican food. Mac and Dennis go to the doctor and Mac is diagnosed with diabetes....but his pronunciation of the word is great. Frank gets a mortician to do his makeup to cover up his broken nose. ........just so awesome.

rocknrolla 08-28-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Viceland has started season 1, they seem to be in order. I know Mondays are 5 episodes, not sure if its on any other days.

Dayze 08-28-2018 08:05 AM

maybe some spoilers for those who haven't seen all the episodes.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qBAcmJdAKV8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 08-28-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13696262)
maybe some spoilers for those who haven't seen all the episodes.

Rickety is David Hornsby, son of Bruce Hornsby

And married to her

Seems like everyone on that show has a habit of marrying well. Even DeVito didn't do too bad [for him]. Though it's weird those two decided to go back out on the prowl after all these years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/B...SDC72XBZDA.jpg

Dayze 08-28-2018 09:16 AM

'whoa whoa...nobody is taking me from behind. ....unless you've got crack. If you've got crack, then let's boogie" /Cricket

BigBeauford 08-28-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Wrestling for the Troops is bar none my favorite espisode!

Easy 6 08-28-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13695658)
They're so much better when you watch them in order.

That makes sense, particularly hearing everyone talk about ho much the characters change as time goes on

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 13696180)
Viceland has started season 1, they seem to be in order. I know Mondays are 5 episodes, not sure if its on any other days.

Love marathons of this show, actually got started watching this a while back with a Viceland marathon

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13696475)
Wrestling for the Troops is bar none my favorite espisode!

Its definitely up there for me, the way Dee backs out on the soldier when she sees him in a wheelchair, then hires the fat skank to be the 'rose lady'... they're all such schemers, God love' em

Pitt Gorilla 08-28-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13696335)

And married to her

Seems like everyone on that show has a habit of marrying well. Even DeVito didn't do too bad [for him]. Though it's weird those two decided to go back out on the prowl after all these years.

Thought they were cousins, or something like that.

EPodolak 08-28-2018 05:20 PM

After seeing the episode "Nightman Cometh" I assumed the cast were all former theater kids who got into television, all seemed in their element playing stage roles. Recently read Glen Howerton graduated from Juilliard, the others were performing arts students too.

It's one reason the show endures I think, the cast members all excel in their craft.

Dayze 08-28-2018 06:11 PM

I think it’s also hilarious that throughout the show, it’s pretty clear that they’ve paid Cricket on several different occasions for their shenanigans in the form of lemons.

Dayze 08-29-2018 09:49 AM

LMAO

Dennis' demeanor in this had me on the floor laughing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KiR4XPQVA_8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mac's reaction. Stellar.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dnbGpj8oI8w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan 08-29-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13696335)

And married to her

I didn't know the Bruce Hornsby connection being a DeadHead I find that very interesting. Wiki says they're cousins.

Pepe Silvia 08-30-2018 03:04 PM

A starter car? this is a FINISHER CAR.

Dayze 08-30-2018 03:07 PM

"....I have contained my rage as long as possible"

scho63 08-30-2018 05:41 PM

I just binged watched Season 1.

Holy **** is this a funny ass show! Some things were so predictable yet they made it funny even though you knew where they were taking it.

-I knew that the hot guy that was dating Dee was robbing the bars in the first two minutes.
-I also knew there would be Nazi gear in Grandpa's boxes.

Still great endings and storylines.....

I'm hooked! ROFLROFL

Baby Lee 08-30-2018 06:06 PM

I still think the funniest for me personally is Sweet Dee Dates a reerun.

Dee dates a guy from HS who is a rapper who still lives at home. He sits in the basement and eats popcorn and drinks juice boxes while laughing uproariously at cartoons on TV. He's a bit of a wiggah who talks in slang. And the whole episode they try to figure out if he's a poser or a reerun.

Especially like the cold intro, where they run down the pluses and minuses. Dee insists he's not reeruned, and Mac asks with a high pitched questioning voice 'would you be able to tell if he was, . . . though?' ROFL ROFL

It also has the genesis of Dayman.

Dayze 08-30-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13700599)
I still think the funniest for me personally is Sweet Dee Dates a reerun.

Dee dates a guy from HS who is a rapper who still lives at home. He sits in the basement and eats popcorn and drinks juice boxes while laughing uproariously at cartoons on TV. He's a bit of a wiggah who talks in slang. And the whole episode they try to figure out if he's a poser or a reerun.

Especially like the cold intro, where they run down the pluses and minuses. Dee insists he's not reeruned, and Mac asks with a high pitched questioning voice 'would you be able to tell if he was, . . . though?' ROFL ROFL

It also has the genesis of Dayman.

Is that when Charlie starts riffing on his song , while dressed as Bob Dylan, and it sounds like it’s a singing about being raped? Then later, Charlie is rewriting it while huffing paint, and Dennis arrives. They collaborate , and while doing so, Charlie offers Dennis some paint to huff.

Later, Dennis dons some sort of David Bowie Costume lol.

That Dayman song will get stuck in your head man.

Dayze 08-30-2018 06:56 PM

Have any of you new watchers got to the point where you’re introduced to Franks friend “Jerry”?