ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I need the Planets' wisdom (such as it is) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269897)

Strongside 02-10-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9393001)
buy her 12 Nuva Rings

And a partridge in a pear tree.

"Bob" Dobbs 02-10-2013 10:59 PM

IVE GOT IT! A certificate for a tongue piercing!

Just Passin' By 02-10-2013 10:59 PM

No gift

Buehler445 02-10-2013 11:02 PM

It depends on the relationship and the girl. I'd try to do something romantic on the date and call it the present. If you think you must, buy her some cheap flowers or a teddy bear or something.

Then piihb

Strongside 02-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9393005)
IVE GOT IT! A certificate for a tongue piercing!

Now you're thinking with your lower brain! Seriously though, just get her a spa package...massage n shit. Chicks love that stuff...if you'd been seeing her longer I'd suggest a couples massage class...it turns girls on like no other when you are being taught how to massage with her as your guinea pig and vise versa. They always wanna take that shit home and try it out.

ClevelandBronco 02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9392936)
So I went out with a new girl over the weekend. Friday AND Saturday nights. No I have not hit it yet, but, yeah it's gonna happen soon. I asked her out again for Wednesday night. NOW I realize that's the night before Valentine's ****ing Day. Crap. What is the gift protocol?

Flowers, but no red roses.

"Bob" Dobbs 02-10-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9393018)
Flowers, but no red roses.

Hmmmm. So far this seems like a good idea.

Cephalic Trauma 02-10-2013 11:11 PM

No gift. You just started talking.

"Bob" Dobbs 02-10-2013 11:19 PM

I'm with ya on the "no gift" thing. It offends me that it seems to be expected by women if they're with you on VD.. However, if I get her SOMETHING vaguely romantic, I am definately in. It's a dilemma. I should add that we've known each other and been kinda flirty for a couple years, so it's not like we're strangers.

Bugeater 02-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9393003)
I guess I'm just pissed at myself for starting this shit BEFORE VD. Dammit.

Yep, that's where you went wrong and you're pretty much ****ed now. You get her a gift, she's going to think you're getting too serious too quickly, and if you don't, you're an insensitive jerk. Write this one off, it's over.

Cephalic Trauma 02-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9393031)
I'm with ya on the "no gift" thing. It offends me that it seems to be expected by women if they're with you on VD.. However, if I get her SOMETHING vaguely romantic, I am definately in. It's a dilemma. I should add that we've known each other and been kinda flirty for a couple years, so it's not like we're strangers.

Yeah, I can get behind this. Good call.

"Bob" Dobbs 02-10-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9393035)
Yep, that's where you went wrong and you're pretty much ****ed now. You get her a gift, she's going to think you're getting too serious too quickly, and if you don't, you're an insensitive jerk. Write this one off, it's over.

I know. You're right. But dammit, I am SO CLOSE. :cuss:

AustinChief 02-10-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9393010)
Now you're thinking with your lower brain! Seriously though, just get her a spa package...massage n shit. Chicks love that stuff...if you'd been seeing her longer I'd suggest a couples massage class...it turns girls on like no other when you are being taught how to massage with her as your guinea pig and vise versa. They always wanna take that shit home and try it out.

This is a good one.. or you could go with something low key but romantic and tangible like a bottle of wine and two nice wine glasses. Bam! Nice enough gift plus an excuse to break out the bottle after dinner.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...6&KSKU=202011&

Now the question is.. what wine? If she likes reds at all then definitely go with a Chateauneuf-du-Pape (I like Chateau La Nerthe for best value).. if you have to go with white I would say your best bet is something like a Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio.

Cephalic Trauma 02-10-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9393003)
I guess I'm just pissed at myself for starting this shit BEFORE VD. Dammit.

Whoa, I read this as "starting this shit before [getting] VD"

"Bob" Dobbs 02-10-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9393042)
This is a good one.. or you could go with something low key but romantic and tangible like a bottle of wine and two nice wine glasses. Bam! Nice enough gift plus an excuse to break out the bottle after dinner.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...6&KSKU=202011&

Perfect! I dig this idea. Rep.