ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278530)

Setsuna 02-08-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 10420275)
The only class I see really struggling in Arena currently is hunters, because the beast cards they need to make certain things work aren't strong on they're own, and they're much weaker without it.

So far my best runs since the recent mage nerf have been on Shaman.

The 12-1 run I posted above was a shammy deck.

Hunters are the new meta and it's utter bs. Unleash the Hounds has made everyone and their mother roll a Hunter to lolfaceroll gg wins with no effort. It's really bs. I liked Shaman except I think the Overload concept is broken and has no effect on the class as intended.

Rausch 03-18-2014 12:02 AM

Anyone still play this?

A guy I worked with talked me into playing it. Just d'loading/installing it now.

Rausch#1408

Valiant 03-18-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10421086)
Hunters are the new meta and it's utter bs. Unleash the Hounds has made everyone and their mother roll a Hunter to lolfaceroll gg wins with no effort. It's really bs. I liked Shaman except I think the Overload concept is broken and has no effect on the class as intended.

I have not played. But my buddy plays hunter. Says he can beat anyone before the opponents get full mana? Is that what you are talking about.

Rausch 03-26-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10499430)
I have not played. But my buddy plays hunter. Says he can beat anyone before the opponents get full mana? Is that what you are talking about.

I'm playing the "fair match" and I've not payed for anything.

I think I'm 4-28 IIRC.

Most these people are WOW people that are use to paying for playing. There's no way these people my level have unlocked the cards they're playing...

ModSocks 03-26-2014 11:52 AM

I've lost a few hours to this game, it's pretty fun. It took awhile for me to get use to it since i've never done the whole "Magic" or "Pokemon" thing before.

Jerm 05-02-2014 05:32 PM

Downloaded this the other night after I bought my iPad and I've been playing non stop...love it. I'm addicted...

Setsuna 05-02-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10499430)

Yes. You get 10 turns to get maximum amount of mana crystals, but a Hunter essentially punishes you for playing 3 or more minions but if you play 2 minions they have a 4 mana cost card that hits 2 minions for 4 damage each which takes out almost everything worth anything. Not to mention traps and Deadly shot which destroys a random minion. If you play 3 minions Unleash the Hounds comes in and annihilates you and your minions. Essentially they rush your health down to 0 while effectively ignoring what you have on the board or taking it out in the next turn efficiently. You won't make it to turn 10 against a Hunter. You may have 6 turns before you lose. And everyone is playing this class with the same deck and pwning errbody.

I'm waiting for the new adventure mode they are coming out with. Going to be grinding Naxxramas. Lololol this will be awesome.

NewChief 05-02-2014 09:12 PM

Can you play single player or do you have to play against other people? I really hate social gaming.

Setsuna 05-03-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10599840)
Can you play single player or do you have to play against other people? I really hate social gaming.

Right now it's only against other players but they will be coming out with an adventure mode soon, just wait for that.

Rausch 05-04-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10599840)

You can practice/level up by playing the computer or do so twice as fast by playing others.

Right now all my characters are level 20 or above and i'm winning between 60%-70% of my games.

Arena is where you play for prizes. 3 losses and you're done.

Since my first post in this thread I still have yet to win more than 1 match in arena. Higher skill level and I think I haven't unlocked the quality of cards other people have.

All in all it's a great time waster...

Rausch 06-01-2014 11:13 AM

I've been slowly climbing up in this and the last week or so it's become so damned buggy.

It crashes on load. It crashes during game. It crashes while I'm sorting my deck.

Big, big boo for a company that's known for being Mac friendly...

Setsuna 06-01-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10663797)
I've been slowly climbing up in this and the last week or so it's become so damned buggy.

It crashes on load. It crashes during game. It crashes while I'm sorting my deck.

Big, big boo for a company that's known for being Mac friendly...

All they want is your money. No complaining, no back talk.

Rausch 07-06-2014 10:19 AM

So now it's running great.

I'm playing (and decided to go in blind, no BB's, no research, just play the game and enjoy it) and I'm addicted.

For some reason you can't "emote" on a mac which is troubling and often considered insulting by others to be "a bad sport."

RedDread 07-21-2014 01:30 AM

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...56451612_n.png

Hearthstone's single player adventure mode debuts on Tuesday. The first wing will be free, with the next 4 costing 700g or $6.99. After the event (5 weeks) is over the first wing will revert to that price.

Buck 12-01-2014 10:43 PM

This game is pretty awesome. Easier than magic so if you're a good magic player, you're good at this game. $2 entrance into draft compared to $15 for magic. Plus if you win 7 games in the draft you get enough reward back to pay your next draft entrance fee. You keep playing til you lose 3 games or win 12. So far I've played two drafts and won 5 games each time so I'm not quite there yet.