ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Colt Brennan in the 2nd round anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177355)

Sully 12-24-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Are you talking about under Weis? That was a dink and dunk offense. They were essentially making up for their lack of a running game.

They're a big play passing attack now.

Yeah...which is what the run 'n' shoot is, basically, as well as the spread.
The Pats have been a throwing team (whether it's throwing long, or short) through this dynasty.

kcxiv 12-24-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Doesnt he always operate out of the shotgun as well? I dont think ive ever seen him take a snap under center?

I dont think any NFL team runs a Run and Shoot offense anymore.

Colts and Patriots run a hyrbid of the Run and Shoot. Guess where they stand in the NFL? Shocking.

Direckshun 12-24-2007 02:39 PM

Hey I have an idea, let's pass on Woodson to draft a QB in the second round that rarely played top competition and is completely wrong for our offense.

kcxiv 12-24-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Not the same offense, for one. The Patriots also didn't start passing all the time until this season. And it's effective because they have a legendary quarterback, a terrific offensive line, and more importantly Randy Moss, who makes everything they do on offense possible. He requires extra attention in terms of the number of defenders he needs and he can stretch and manipulate the field wherever you want on any given play.

As you say they didnt start running their system until they had a legendary qb? but at the same time runnining that system in college doesnt take a legendary quarterback? this makes no ****ing sense.

splatbass 12-24-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
Hey I have an idea, let's pass on Woodson to draft a QB in the second round that rarely played top competition and is completely wrong for our offense.

What QB is right for this offense? Maybe one that knows how to run for his life....

Pablo 12-24-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass
What QB is right for this offense? Maybe one that knows how to run for his life....

Exactly. I'm sure Woodson would be SOOO much better at handing the ball off to LJ and throwing 10 yarders to TG.

HolmeZz 12-24-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
As you say they didnt start running their system until they had a legendary qb?

It's not a 'system'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
but at the same time runnining that system in college doesnt take a legendary quarterback? this makes no ****ing sense.

A couple things. Just because they use 4 receiver sets doesn't mean they're running the same offense.

Secondly, there's a difference between an offense being effective against Northern Colorado and that offense being effective against high level NFL defenses.

Spott 12-24-2007 02:44 PM

I think Brennan will be a good QB, but I would rather a team that could use him draft him. Herm would have no idea what to do with a real quarterback and would likely just screw up Brennan's career if he were to play here.

Rasputin 12-24-2007 02:47 PM

I absolutely love Brodie for our QB of the future. He is the guy I was hoping we get before we drafted him in the third round of 06. I liked him better than Cutler even before hand.

It is unfortunate that he got/gets hurt. For that reason I think it would be wise to look at this years draft for a QB who would have more upside than Brodie. I absolutely would rather they get the best OL man in the draft so that our QB may have a chance for success in proccess of learning the game and growing with the team.

I look at all of the successfull teams in the playoff hunt and they all have good O-lines and give the QB time in the pocket or time to role out and make a play for the team. All of the good teams win games on the front lines and that is how it is in football. Win/Lose in the trenches is the history of the game.

kcxiv 12-24-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

It's not a 'system'.

A couple things. Just because they use 4 receiver sets doesn't mean they're running the same offense.

Secondly, there's a difference between an offense being effective against Northern Colorado and that offense being effective against high level NFL defenses.

It more or less is a system. Throw deep to Moss or underneath to Welker. Brady is an awesome quarterback dont get me wrong. They are still just doing a spread formation though. Brady has the brains and arm to see the missmatches. I dont see why Colt cannot do the same. He has the Arm and can move. He doesnt come off as a reerun either.

I think he's going to be a damned fine quarterback for some team. I want it to be the Chiefs. Throw it up to Dbowe.

kcxiv 12-24-2007 02:49 PM

btw, if they happen to draft Brennan, i will go out and by a authentic jersey of his asap. lol

Mecca 12-24-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Exactly. I'm sure Woodson would be SOOO much better at handing the ball off to LJ and throwing 10 yarders to TG.

We should all just give up, we have a coach that hates offense so we can't compete...

Pablo 12-24-2007 02:56 PM

To put this in perspective.

I'm a proponent of giving Brodie an entire season under center next year to prove he's the man or not, whether he'll get injured or not, and if he progresses as well as we would expect.

I'm not a fan of drafting a QB in the first round, so he can struggle to develop behind this horrific patchwork line. Brodie is cheap, Brennan would be cheap, and if Brodie isn't the man, we'll likely be having a terrible season again next year, and will be in a position to draft a QB early in the first.

I don't know what the senior QB class of next year looks like, but I'm sure it can't be any less impressive than this years.

Pablo 12-24-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
We should all just give up, we have a coach that hates offense so we can't compete...

We have a coach that hates opening up the passing side of the playbook, unless he's desperate.

eazyb81 12-24-2007 02:59 PM

Sigh.....why do people still want us to cut corners on acquiring our QBOTF? The odds of drafting a stud QB are MUCH higher if we grab one early in the 1st rather than trying to strike gold later in the draft.

Either suck it up and grab your franchise QB in the 1st or don't waste a pick on another backup.