ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264790)

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8991643)
See that's just it. I think a lot of our offensive picks are better than they have shown. They just need a good QB to get them the ball. Blast Pioli all you want for sticking with Cassel. He definitely deserves it for that. And blast him for not wanting to draft a QB in the first couple rounds in the draft. I agree that he should be ripped for that. But not all of his picks have been bad.

Why did they take Baldwin?

There's no chance for a WR to impact the game when you only throw the ball 5 times a half.

Lzen 10-08-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991653)
Why did they take Baldwin?

There's no chance for a WR to impact the game when you only throw the ball 5 times a half.

Heh, good question. I'm gonna assume that they really thought Cassel was going to get better, not worse. You know? He went to the Pro Bowl and all. :doh!:

Chiefnj2 10-08-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8991643)
See that's just it. I think a lot of our offensive picks are better than they have shown. They just need a good QB to get them the ball. Blast Pioli all you want for sticking with Cassel. He definitely deserves it for that. And blast him for not wanting to draft a QB in the first couple rounds in the draft. I agree that he should be ripped for that. But not all of his picks have been bad.

End of the day in year 4 KC is sitting at 1-4, 2nd HC, 5th OC, 2nd DC and the best players are still Herm left overs. That's a big fail any way you cut it.

Lzen 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8991668)
End of the day in year 4 KC is sitting at 1-4, 2nd HC, 5th OC, 2nd DC and the best players are still Herm left overs. That's a big fail any way you cut it.

I don't argue that we need to get rid of Pioli. But my reasons are a bit different. Mainly, I think our QB is a cancer on the rest of the team. A good QB can make a huge difference in the way the team plays.

I also wasn't real excited about making Crennel our HC after last season. But hey, he did do a decent job as interim coach. So, I was just going to support him and see what happens. It is looking like the Peter Principal, for sure.

In the end, Pioli's major failures have been not getting quality depth in the secondary and QB positions and, of course, sticking with a crappy starting QB. That and always going back to his New England friends (Crennel) instead of trying something new. That being said, he did try something new with Haley. IMO, Haley was screwed over when he wanted to get rid of Cassel.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8991668)

Big fail is an understatement considering the reputation of the GM coming in...

Chiefnj2 10-08-2012 10:03 AM

There really isn't anything about this team that I like right now. Romeo's approach to the game makes Herm look like a riverboat gambler. Romeo honestly seems happy to lose close games. Down 20 points in the 4th quarter, lets punt from the oppositions territory.

I haven't determined if Daboll is just following Romeo's lead or if he is just as gutless and clueless.

mcaj22 10-08-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8991636)
This is stupid. I'm no big fan of Pioli, for sure. But if you're going to point out his mistakes then you must point out his successes. Houston is not a fell into our laps pick. You have to give credit for us taking the chance when nobody else in the league was willing to do that. Also, I think Arenas is a solid nickel. Add in Powe in the 7th rd and Kendrick Lewis in the 6th. Not every pick in our drafts have been bad. At least give credit where credit is due.

except that Arenas is not a solid nickel. and you dont use 2nd round picks on ****ing nickel CBs/slow return guys.

There is no credit to be given there.

And Kendrick Lewis hasnt even played a down this season yet. Lots of help he is. Oh we can just wait til next year when he is healthy maybe we will have a good season then.

I am not a glass half full guy. I don't like WAITING for guys to develop or perform. There is good talent in their prime right now on this team in DJ, Flowers, Hali, etc and you are just going to give Pioli credit for getting a bunch of developmental players that maybe good seasons from now. That does not help this team today in the present day, at all. Four seasons of that.

And Pioli's failures are lot more frequent that his minimal successes.

Jake O Connell
Alex Magee
Donald Washington
Colin Brown
Queintin Lawrence
Jarvis Williams
Cameron Sheffield
Gabe Miller
Shane Bannon

the list goes on and on.

So he hit on Justin Houston and Eric Berry. And then no other play maker after that. Just a bunch of role players.

I am really excited he went out and brought in FA talent over the years like Mike Brown, Bobby Engram, Zach Thomas, Steve Breaston, Peyton Hillis, Kevin Boss, etc. I mean those FA trash heap over the last 4 years really put this team over the hump didnt it.

Don't spend money to keep homegrown Chiefs talent in house but will bring in any cheap average veteran to just be a guy. The Scott Pioli Way

Buehler445 10-08-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8991699)
except that Arenas is not a solid nickel. and you dont use 2nd round picks on ****ing nickel CBs/slow return guys.

There is no credit to be given there.

And Kendrick Lewis hasnt even played a down this season yet. Lots of help he is. Oh we can just wait til next year when he is healthy maybe we will have a good season then.

I am not a glass half full guy. I don't like WAITING for guys to develop or perform. There is good talent in their prime right now on this team in DJ, Flowers, Hali, etc and you are just going to give Pioli credit for getting a bunch of developmental players that maybe good seasons from now. That does not help this team today in the present day, at all. Four seasons of that.

And Pioli's failures are lot more frequent that his minimal successes.

Jake O Connell
Alex Magee
Donald Washington
Colin Brown
Queintin Lawrence
Jarvis Williams
Cameron Sheffield
Gabe Miller
Shane Bannon

the list goes on and on.

So he hit on Justin Houston and Eric Berry. And then no other play maker after that. Just a bunch of role players.

I am really excited he went out and brought in FA talent over the years like Mike Brown, Bobby Engram, Zach Thomas, Steve Breaston, Peyton Hillis, Kevin Boss, etc. I mean those FA trash heap over the last 4 years really put this team over the hump didnt it.

Don't spend money to keep homegrown Chiefs talent in house but will bring in any cheap average veteran to just be a guy. The Scott Pioli Way

You forgot that Tackle that played at MU. Colin Brown maybe? Didn't even make it through camp. Wasted pick to the nth degree.

mcaj22 10-08-2012 10:13 AM

clay has the Pioli fail doc in his sig, so just read that

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kLc/edit?pli=1

you can get way more in depth on how bad Pioli has been at drafting versus the few bright spots hes had, but I mean why waste anymore time on it. Pioli sucks, he was brought in to be this genius upgrade over Carl and you can make a solid argument that in 4 years he is worse for this franchise than Carl's 20 years.

Chiefnj2 10-08-2012 10:19 AM

A portion of the fanbase demonstrates some questionable judgment for 30 seconds.

Compared to a team that has demonstrated questionable judgment for 19 years.

Damn those fans and their impatience!

mcaj22 10-08-2012 10:22 AM

Carl had winning seasons, made big trades, drafted play makers, even with settling for veteran QBs.

Pioli has shown NONE of that. He will only settle for his buddies back up QBs. If you think Pioli is drafting Geno Smith you better wake up. Because when draft day comes you will be very, very, very disappointed, The Patriots Way.

splatbass 10-08-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8991630)
Teams faking injuries to bench their starting QB is nothing new. It happens several times a year actually. This is the most politically-correct way to bench a QB now.

Can you prove this?

chiefs1okie 10-09-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8991753)
A portion of the fanbase demonstrates some questionable judgment for 30 seconds.

Compared to a team that has demonstrated questionable judgment for 19 years.

Damn those fans and their impatience!

:bravo: