ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston is Full of Shit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264807)

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8992036)
Well that, and people in the media would probably realize that there is a cut out of the middle of the video that is what this entire thing is all about.

If people were really excited Cassel was hurt, there would be no video at all.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 11:58 AM

I tweeted a reply to Scott VanPelt.

Mostly I have no idea how to actually 'tweet' a link to someone. Do you just put it in as your message, put a bunch of '@insertnameheres' and then #mediamobmentality ?

doomy3 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992043)
doomy, I was there as well, and if that happened like Winston said, I sure as hell didn't notice it. I would have ZERO reason to defend it, because I would never applaud an injury myself.

The thing is, Winston is getting all the headlines, but Charles and Ngata also took shots at the fans. It definitely happened. Several on this board have even admitted to cheering him being down. I'm sure there was a large contingency who didn't even realize why everyone was cheering all of a sudden at a weird time.

FAX 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8992028)
Yep. It is so weird to me that some are trying to spin this otherwise. There was absolutely a noticeable applause when Cassel couldn't get up.

Are you calling Mr. gblowfish a yellow-bellied, no-good liar, Mr. doomy3?

If so, come right out and say it.

FAX

doomy3 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992045)
If people were really excited Cassel was hurt, there would be no video at all.

I'm not sure what this even means.

FAX 10-08-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8992049)
I tweeted a reply to Scott VanPelt.

Mostly I have no idea how to actually 'tweet' a link to someone. Do you just put it in as your message, put a bunch of '@insertnameheres' and then #mediamobmentality ?

I had the same question as all this twittering is new to me, Mr. DJ's left nut. But all you have to do is throw that link in the tweeter and off it goes with the rest of your tweetle.

FAX

doomy3 10-08-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8992051)
Are you calling Mr. gblowfish a yellow-bellied, no-good liar, Mr. doomy3?

If so, come right out and say it.

FAX

No, I'm saying he could fall into the group of people who didn't realize why people were cheering when they were. I was about 20 rows up in the lower level and people all around me were cheering because Cassel was down. Again, I don't blame them, but it definitely happened. And this would be a story no matter what stadium it happened in.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8992028)
Yep. It is so weird to me that some are trying to spin this otherwise. There was absolutely a noticeable applause when Cassel couldn't get up.

How do you know that applause was not for Quinn?

I wasn't there, I'm simply asking a question.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8992052)

It's not hard to figure out that there would be no video to show to try and disprove that Chiefs fans were cheering for a Matt Cassel injury if they were cheering for a Matt Cassel injury.

Cassel has been such a ****ing enigma to this franchise that people weren't going to stop cheering because he was hurt, if that was even the reason.

doomy3 10-08-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992060)

Quinn wasn't on the field yet. It happened pretty quickly.

Pass complete to Charles, fans start cheering and cheer when first down is announced.

People get up, and Cassel doesn't. Winston and others motion for trainers. Crowd cheers very loudly.

It takes a couple minutes and the cheering dies down.

Quinn enters as Cassel is walking off and there is a lot of cheering.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8992060)

That's how it was rolling in my section. Winston makes it sound like their was an uproar of applause over Cassel going down, and THAT was just not the case. There may have well been a small contingent of fans cheering Matt 's injury, but come on, that's not representative of the entire Stadium of fans - that's purely bullshit.

redfan 10-08-2012 12:04 PM

There is no question some people cheered the injury; I've seen too many people cop to it with pride.

I'm more interested in despite several reports to the contrary on the local news level, all I'm hearing at the nat'l level is "Those terrible KC fans".

They have already turned it on all of the fans.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8992052)

I think it means, if this cheering of Cassel being injured is real, why post a video to refute it?

doomy3 10-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8992066)
It's not hard to figure out that there would be no video to show to try and disprove that Chiefs fans were cheering for a Matt Cassel injury if they were cheering for a Matt Cassel injury.

Cassel has been such a ****ing enigma to this franchise that people weren't going to stop cheering because he was hurt, if that was even the reason.

Not every single person in the stadium was cheering, no. The person who shot the video must have been one of those people. He must have taken the time to edit the video too to remove the block of time, so he probably wasn't cheering then either.

Richard_Cuckold 10-08-2012 12:06 PM

I got zero problem with what Winston said.

He was just sticking up for his buddy. WOuldnt you do the same thing in that situation?
If your friend got knocked the **** out and people were laughing/cheering about it? I Know I would be pissed too.