ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW - going into Week 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276323)

ModSocks 09-16-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9984405)
Maybe... but, they still have Rivers. They choked away a big lead last week to HOU, very much like they choked away that big lead vs Denver last season.

SD has talent... they just have no heart and no leadership.

Rivers looks better this season than he has in the past 2-3 seasons and has some quality weapons. The turnovers are something to consider, but yesterday's win over Philly should've been a blowout had Matthews and Gates not fumbled near the goal line. Their O-Line has held up better than most thought and Freeney has been looking beastly these last two weeks.

KC has looked great on defense but their offense is still pedestrian and they're going to struggle if they get down early. SD and Denver are both capable of putting KC in a 2 score hole at any given moment in the game.

ModSocks 09-16-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9984409)
It won't be a popular sentiment, but I don't think the Chiefs are legitimate until the offense starts to click. Which needs to be sooner rather than later. They have winnable games, but I wouldn't call many of them easy.

I agree. Through two weeks, the offense has been leaning on the defense. It's going to be interesting on Thursday. The offense is going to have to score more than they have been in order to win. Philly has hung 30+ Points up these last two weeks.

DaFace 09-16-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

It won't be a popular sentiment, but I don't think the Chiefs are legitimate until the offense starts to click. Which needs to be sooner rather than later. They have winnable games, but I wouldn't call many of them easy.

I agree with that. I think we have a playoff-level defense and a mediocre offense. With our favorable schedule this year, I think we have a chance of squeaking in as a wildcard team, but it all depends on whether the offense can get enough going against our handful of quality opponents to win it.

keg in kc 09-16-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9984426)
I agree. Through two weeks, the offense has been leaning on the defense. It's going to be interesting on Thursday. The offense is going to have to score more than they have been in order to win. Philly has hung 30+ Points up these last two weeks.

While they do need to score more points, I think maybe a bigger key to the game will be sustaining drives and giving the defense time to breathe between series. Multiple drives like the first one yesterday and they have a chance, particularly if they end in points (even field goals). 3-5 plays and out will be killer. I do think they'll need at least 24 points to win the game, though, and likely more.

Buehler445 09-16-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9984420)
Rivers looks better this season than he has in the past 2-3 seasons and has some quality weapons. The turnovers are something to consider, but yesterday's win over Philly should've been a blowout had Matthews and Gates not fumbled near the goal line. Their O-Line has held up better than most thought and Freeney has been looking beastly these last two weeks.

KC has looked great on defense but their offense is still pedestrian and they're going to struggle if they get down early. SD and Denver are both capable of putting KC in a 2 score hole at any given moment in the game.

The thing that I saw with Rivers is once Houston started the comeback, he got in his own head.

Shit, after he threw that pick 6 they put a bunch formation left, and gave him an easy 5 yard throw to make and he missed by 3. He then put together a nice throw past the sticks to Royal who dropped it (credit where credit is due) but he was still rattled.

Quote:

None of them are easy if we have to rely on the defense. They're all going to be nail biting sons of bitches with the rules we have now a days. Most of them, Thursday included, aren't winnable if they can't get 21 points.

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 03:00 PM

Rivers will get in his own way... he's not going to put a team on his back and say 'follow me'. They don't have that guy on their team, on either side of the ball. Most good teams do and all great teams have one or more.

King_Chief_Fan 09-16-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9984152)
Peyton has been hit several times. He was sacked twice against Baltimore, and hit after the throw several times. I mean they have Suggs and Dumervil on both sides. We haven't drawn a roughing the passer call once, so I don't really see this "you guys get all the calls" crap. Yesterday's game the zebras were doing everything they could to keep Eli in it.

Not only are you an idiot, you are blind

ThaVirus 09-16-2013 03:34 PM

Well, it's a good thing the Chargers don't have Vincent Jackson anymore. That guy is a monster.

vailpass 09-16-2013 03:56 PM

Trindon Holliday is one fast little sob. Exciting to watch and can be a factor.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2013 03:59 PM

Why is beating the Eagles suddenly considered more impressive than beating Dallas?

The Eagles were trash last year and are in year one of a rebuilding program.

Dallas > Philly

Romo > Vick

DaFace 09-16-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9984740)
Why is beating the Eagles suddenly considered more impressive than beating Dallas?

Dallas > Philly

Romo > Vick

You could ask the same thing about the Chiefs. Clearly a coaching (and scheme) change makes a big difference here.

J Diddy 09-16-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Dallas > Philly

Romo > Vick

I think the dimensions of the short week, young team, on the road, and history of inconsistency are playing in people's minds. If the Chiefs win this game I'm buying a jersey that says 11 with the name Bye Clay, We'll miss you on the back

Hammock Parties 09-16-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9984786)
If the Chiefs win this game I'm buying a jersey that says 11 with the name Bye Clay, We'll miss you on the back

LMAO

That would indeed seem to be in the cards in such an event.

saphojunkie 09-16-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9984212)
Some are more serious than others, obviously Clady only has a mild sprain.

Quote:

Dallas > Philly

Romo > Vick

I'm with you. People are massively over hyping Chip Kelly and his amazing offense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For all the talk about Eagles offense and 77 plays they ran in opening weekend, Patriots ran 89, Ravens 87, Lions 77.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/378244495713648640">September 12, 2013</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Dallas > Philly

Romo > Vick

Beating a mediocre Dallas team in KC is somewhat expected or should have been by most. Winning at PHI ... that's not the easiest thing to do. Much like KC when they sucked, KC in their house was a tough win. That's all I'm saying.

Plus, it's Thursday night - Reid going to his former team... 2-0 vs 1-1 ... all sorts of various factors make winning this game a big deal for KC and looking good on both sides of the ball in the process.

Cowboys have been 8-8, 8-8, 6-10 the last 3 seasons... nothing special at all. PHI hasn't been that much better with 4-12, 8-8 and 10-6. But again, the storyline is different and on a bigger stage.

If KC had lost to DAL .... nobody would give a damn. But, at 2-0 and with this backdrop ... I think you have some serious interest with how real can this team be with that defense, Reid and Smith at QB.