ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Thinking of switching from DTV to Dish (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287171)

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:04 AM

Thinking of switching from DTV to Dish

After 17 years with Direct Tv I am probably going to switch to Dish. Any one know of the best deal out there or tips on switching. CP usually has someone that knows the best way.

All of my equipment is out of date and I just got my bill for $140 and thought that I may have to play the game and switch to dish to get the new subscriber deals and new equipment. I have a friend that switches every 2 years and always has top of the line equipment and a bill that is half of what I pay. We need 5 boxes (2HD DVR)

Tips tricks Ideas???

Why Not? 10-04-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 10979525)
After 17 years with Direct Tv I am probably going to switch to Dish. Any one know of the best deal out there or tips on switching. CP usually has someone that knows the best way.

All of my equipment is out of date and I just got my bill for $140 and thought that I may have to play the game and switch to dish to get the new subscriber deals and new equipment. I have a friend that switches every 2 years and always has top of the line equipment and a bill that is half of what I pay. We need 5 boxes (2HD DVR)

Tips tricks Ideas???

Would do this in a heartbeat. Except for one small thing. Thanks NFL. 8 more years.

rockymtnchief 10-04-2014 11:07 AM

Call DTV first and tell them you're thinking of canceling. You may get the upgrades you're looking for without having another dish on your roof.

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10979528)
Would do this in a heartbeat. Except for one small thing. Thanks NFL. 8 more years.

I know what you mean but with streams available and an upgrade to my highspeed Inet I think that I will make it. Us guys out of the KC area have to make due.

TimBone 10-04-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10979528)

Yep. I'm stuck.

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:13 AM

Right now with dish I'm looking at the top 200 plus HBO for $59 per mo for the first year and 89 for the second free HD for 24 mos. but I haven't figured out what the 5th tv will add

notorious 10-04-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10979529)
Call DTV first and tell them you're thinking of canceling. You may get the upgrades you're looking for without having another dish on your roof.

They told me to go **** myself.

I was a customer for 12 years, and asked for Sunday ticket for free (just like every NEW customer), and they offerd a $5 discount.

After several more calls trying to explain how I am getting ****ed, I told them I was switching to Dish.

They didn't care. Thanks AT&T buyout! Direct used to bend over backwards and give me all kinds of discounts to keep me away from Dish.

Besides, I live in a small area will not offer HD on local channels through Direct, yet Dish has them all. WTF?

**** you DirecTV. Your customer service people are awesome, but your management can eat an enormous bag of elephant dicks.

notorious 10-04-2014 11:15 AM

The new Dish has a better interface, and the Hopper is amazing.

Direct is way behind on their Tech gear.

rockymtnchief 10-04-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10979537)
They told me to go **** myself.

I was a customer for 12 years, and asked for Sunday ticket for free (just like every NEW customer), and they offerd a $5 discount.

After several more calls trying to explain how I am getting ****ed, I told them I was switching to Dish.

They didn't care. Thanks AT&T buyout! Direct used to bend over backwards and give me all kinds of discounts to keep me away from Dish.

Besides, I live in a small area will not offer HD on local channels through Direct, yet Dish has them all. WTF?

**** you DirecTV. Your customer service people are awesome, but your management can eat an enormous bag of elephant dicks.

WOW...that sucks! There's no loyalty to subscribers, I guess?

I bought a new house last August and DTV upgraded my receiver and gave me NFLST for free for the 2013 season.

notorious 10-04-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10979544)
WOW...that sucks! There's no loyalty to subscribers, I guess?

I bought a new house last August and DTV upgraded my receiver and gave me NFLST for free for the 2013 season.

They used to be amazing, but right after the buyout their policy changed.

When I switched to Dish both the customer service rep and installer told me that they are having a massive influx of subscribers changing due to the buyout.

I would be skeptical, but after my experience I see why. Only AT&T could ruin a great company like Direct.

It really sucks. The customer service people at Direct are very nice. After the buyout it seems like I was talking to "John" or "Frank" that had a heavy Indian accent.

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:25 AM

hehe I'l let you know I'm about to call DTV

runnercyclist 10-04-2014 11:35 AM

Good luck. Hey Boise, I am in Nampa for a wedding today. Wife and Daughter are going shopping in Boise tomorrow. Any good sports bars in Boise to catch the Chiefs game?

R8RFAN 10-04-2014 11:36 AM

You will be back if you like football

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:42 AM

13 mins on hold rang 15 times and then disconnected, trying again

Boise_Chief 10-04-2014 11:44 AM

Runner,
There isn't a good Chiefs bar, I try to get to one early and get them to put it on the big screen. Maybe we can get together and watch I'll pm my number