ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who's your first quarter MVP? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276791)

warrior 09-30-2013 09:15 AM

The Defense as a whole if I had to pick one person-Bob Sutton

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2013 09:29 AM

Andy Reid.

He essentially hired John Dorsey, hired arguably the best coaching staff in the NFL in Sutton, Childress, Toub, Ault, etc., traded for Alex Smith, installed entirely new offensive and defensive special teams and has every single player, draftee, free agent or guys off the street, playing at a high level.

Without Reid, there is no 4-0.

Buehler445 09-30-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10034637)
Andy Reid.

He essentially hired John Dorsey, hired arguably the best coaching staff in the NFL in Sutton, Childress, Toub, Ault, etc., traded for Alex Smith, installed entirely new offensive and defensive special teams and has every single player, draftee, free agent or guys off the street, playing at a high level.

Quite the understatement. :D

Really though, I was skeptical of the Reid hire. I didn't want a retread (but to be fair, I did say we got the best one). Hopefully we can continue and I have to pound crow. There are still some questions, but Reid has done a marvelous job when most thought he was washed up.

It is astounding to me the level of ineptitude that infested this franchise in the Pioli era. Sweeping, overriding, smothering ineptitude that infested every single aspect of the franchise. I thought it couldn't get worse than Herm. Boy was I wrong. Every time I think about any aspect of the franchise, especially with coaching/gameplanning, it boggles my mind how much of a ****ing joke we were. And it went on for 4 years. 7 if you add in the Herm years.

It is truely sickening.

trndobrd 09-30-2013 10:07 AM

Obviously none of this happens without the coaching staff, but I went with Charles as the MVP. His unexpected production in the passing game, toughness in pass protection have made him a key part of the offense. His running in the fourth quarter of the Dallas, Philadelphia and NYG games shut the door on all three games.

Defensive MVP for the first quarter season is Houston, but DJ is still the heart of this defense and is quietly having a tremendous season.

Fritz88 09-30-2013 10:10 AM

I chose Poe because he provided much needed help to this defense. He was the right prescription for Hali and Houston. Had he not been there, this defense would not be producing the results we've seen. Hence, the team could be 2-2 easily.

saphojunkie 09-30-2013 10:11 AM

Well, it's clearly between Poe, Houston, and Smith.

I picked Smith, purely because he is the only one who replaced a guy from last year's team, and it has made a world of difference.

If we had Poe and Houston playing at this level and still had cassel under center, there's no way we are 4-0.

Mr. Laz 09-30-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10034700)
Well, it's clearly between Poe, Houston, and Smith.

I picked Smith, purely because he is the only one who replaced a guy from last year's team, and it has made a world of difference.

If we had Poe and Houston playing at this level and still had cassel under center, there's no way we are 4-0.

Cassel would have been dramatically better under Reid. Haley was stank ass. Pittsburgh's offense has been dropping like a stone since the day Haley touched it, despite having a franchise and super bowl winning Quarterback.

Mav 09-30-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10034637)
Andy Reid.

Except for Dunta Robinson. That was the worst blown coverage I have ever seen.

:D

Mav 09-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10034743)
Cassel would have been dramatically better under Reid. Haley was stank ass. Pittsburgh's offense has been dropping like a stone since the day Haley touched it, despite having a franchise and super bowl winning Quarterback.

After years of being tortured by turds of Pitts, this feels awesome to see them be 0-4 and two games behind everyone including the Browns.

But, I think people are underestimating the amount of suck that is Matt Cassel.

Mav 09-30-2013 10:37 AM

Oh, and I voted Alex Smith. Had to. No special reason really. Just I think his leadership was far undervalued.

Oh, and if I had to pick a defensive MVP.......Although I still say if you can choose the entire OLINE, I should be able to take the defense, it would be Eric Berry.

he is like watching a young polomalu right now.

If you want to know where the ball is on defense, FOLLOW HIM......

He will lead you to it.

Ace Gunner 09-30-2013 10:39 AM

Eric Berry. at a critical time in that game yesterday, he took it over. the dude is just smooth as hell.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-30-2013 05:42 PM

I voted for Alex, but co-vote for Houston. On pace for 4400 Total Yards and 28 TD. Ridiculous long clock killing drives in the 4th Quarter as well. That's good stuff right there.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-30-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10034771)
Eric Berry. at a critical time in that game yesterday, he took it over. the dude is just smooth as hell.

Can I vote for him too???...and Poe!!!! Wait...wait Charles :D

MahiMike 09-30-2013 06:22 PM

Austin. I mean Houston. Get those towns mixed up.

Rain Man 09-30-2013 06:30 PM

It's a great sign the Hali and DJ only have one vote between them when they're both really, really good. We have a ton of talent and production on this defense.