ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Network RedZone channel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265478)

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 11:56 AM

NFL Network RedZone channel

I've had TMC and then Uverse in KC. Down here its Brighhouse (similiar to tMC). I've never had the oppertunity to purchase the NFL Network or the RedZone channel.

I usually go to or watch the Chiefs games with fellow Chief fans. This is the firstt Sunday I've ever watched the RedZone channel. ****ing fantastic. Almost all the best plays live. All the red zone plays from all over the NFL cities.

Reminds me of Thursday and Friday games on TV during the college basketball tourney.

Does anyone else watch this channel pay attention to one game?

Sfeihc 10-21-2012 12:00 PM

Welcome to three seasons ago. Sunday Ticket just isn't worth the $ with the arrival of Red Zone.(retail vs. retail) Glad you found it, BRC. ENJOY!

Deberg_1990 10-21-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9035350)
I've had TMC and then Uverse in KC. Down here its Brighhouse (similiar to tMC). I've never had the oppertunity to purchase the NFL Network or the RedZone channel.

I usually go to or watch the Chiefs games with fellow Chief fans. This is the firstt Sunday I've ever watched the RedZone channel. ****ing fantastic. Almost all the best plays live. All the red zone plays from all over the NFL cities.

Reminds me of Thursday and Friday games on TV during the college basketball tourney.

Does anyone else watch this channel pay attention to one game?

Yes, I watch it all the time. It's great for fantasy players.

They like to advertise that they only show scoring plays and inside the 20s. Not really the truth. They show plenty of stuff between the 20s and during the last few minutes of Close games nearly every play. Great stuff.

Basically a poor mans Sunday Ticket.

DaFace 10-21-2012 12:04 PM

I flip over to it during commercial breaks, but I don't like to watch it all day long. I like to follow the "story" of a game, and that means not just watching all the highlights. Red Zone channel is like watching 10 action movies at the same time and only tuning in for the explosions. Fun for sure, but not the only way you want to watch.

Canofbier 10-21-2012 12:05 PM

I was watching it for a while last week, and I was impressed. Still won't replace watching "my" team play, but I think it works well for the time slots that they're not playing in.

TribalElder 10-21-2012 12:14 PM

Enjoying red zone channel right now.

Watching RG3 angers me as to our lack of going after a QB.

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 12:18 PM

I just saw that fantastic catch by Morgan in the Saints/Bucs game live. Thats was really cool.

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9035390)
Enjoying red zone channel right now.

Watching RG3 angers me as to our lack of going after a QB.

WOW, I was also thinking what if we got an RGIII or Luck at QB? How cool and excited would we all be?

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9035362)
I flip over to it during commercial breaks, but I don't like to watch it all day long. I like to follow the "story" of a game, and that means not just watching all the highlights. Red Zone channel is like watching 10 action movies at the same time and only tuning in for the explosions. Fun for sure, but not the only way you want to watch.

yeah, this is my first time ever watching the games like this. I'll always watch my team. Also a "big" game. I also enjoy the "story" and the back and forth of a game that you cant get watching this channel.

R8RFAN 10-21-2012 12:22 PM

I watch it when there is not a particular game that I am interested in ... Like today... No Cheaps,Sparks or Donks so I watch the RZ

Fish 10-21-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9035362)

Exactly this. Watching Red Zone makes me ADD when I'm not ADD at all. Sometimes you need those breaks throughout watching a game to let your mind pause for a moment..

Marcellus 10-21-2012 12:28 PM

This is my second year with RZ and it is great. Especially when you get to the end of games and multiple teams are on game deciding drives. There have been some fantastic finishes and its fun to watch them all playing out.

smittysbar 10-21-2012 12:36 PM

Directv won't allow a user to purchase redzone without buying the NFL package, and not just the cheap package the expensive one......pisses me off. So I use FirstRow to stream redzone while I watch other games.

DaFace 10-21-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 9035464)
Directv won't allow a user to purchase redzone without buying the NFL package, and not just the cheap package the expensive one......pisses me off. So I use FirstRow to stream redzone while I watch other games.

Yup, it's definitely annoying.

FWIW, DirecTV technically has a completely different Red Zone channel than everyone else, but the concept is the same.

Deberg_1990 10-21-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 9035464)

Wow, wasnt aware of that. They know that a lot of people would give up the Sunday Ticket if they could just get Redzone by itself. Smart business sense by them I guess.