ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink New cooking methods ... sous vide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243228)

HMc 03-26-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519132)
I wasn't. Now, goodnight.

Erm, yeah, you were.

Baby Lee 03-26-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7519119)
time domain

Darlington Pair

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7519133)
Cool! Thanks. I hadn't seen that one.

My pleasure. I'm looking at the beer cooler hack.

englander 03-26-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519130)
FMB, I don't know if this will give you anything new, but I Googled "sous vide tips" and this site came up:

http://www.cookingsousvide.com/info/...ips-and-tricks

google? are you an onion headed twatt?

HMc 03-26-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519132)
I wasn't. It was your specific wording:

Now, goodnight.

First of all, you've quoted my post, which also seems odd since I'm talking about how you used the word. I'll let that slide though, baby steps and all that.

Secondly, my point is not actually any less valid just because there is very little knowledge of the topic across the population. It actually enforces my point, dumbass. It isn't less true that there are no items X in Sample 1 just because there aren't any in Population 1.

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 7519141)
First of all, you've quoted my post, which also seems odd since I'm talking about how you used the word. I'll let that slide though, baby steps and all that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519107)
You were relating the number of people who'd know to the CCW, slick. My point is that your correlation there is a poor one, given how relatively few people in the U.S., on any thread, are going to no about this stuff.

I'd speculate that, on this board, you could find people who have knowledge about many of world's cuisines. Not everyone here is going to be confined to possum and squirrel.

Pretty clearly used correctly. Now, really, good night/good day.

shirtsleeve 03-26-2011 09:33 PM

Just as a side note:

You dont need to spend big money on the cooker. Most home beer supply stores have temperature controlled heating elements that are very accurate. Its imperative to mash at a really tight temperature range of between 155 and 165, so these heating elements work well for this. They are temperature controlled, hold the temp tightly and are accurate, semi durable and reasonably priced.

HMc 03-26-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519148)
Pretty clearly used correctly. Now, really, good night/good day.

You've tried to substitute "correlation" for "point", I suspect. Sorry, no matter how many times you wish to say it was correct, it really wasn't.

englander 03-26-2011 09:37 PM

I don't believe there isn't anything that an individual will not be mistaken, if one uses a water bath.

luv 03-26-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englander (Post 7519160)
I don't believe there isn't anything that an individual will not be mistaken, if one uses a water bath.

American English, please.

englander 03-26-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtsleeve (Post 7519153)
Just as a side note:

You dont need to spend big money on the cooker. Most home beer supply stores have temperature controlled heating elements that are very accurate. Its imperative to mash at a really tight temperature range of between 155 and 165, so these heating elements work well for this. They are temperature controlled, hold the temp tightly and are accurate, semi durable and reasonably priced.

i

arsole, arsole. blood red dragon on a field of green, you twatte.

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2011 10:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, so test one is actually very tasty. When I pulled it out of the water, the steaks felt a good solid med rare, pale and kinda gray on the outside, which I expected. I seared at 600+ degrees for somewhere between 45 second and 1 minute. Results were good.

shirtsleeve 03-26-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englander (Post 7519169)
i

arsole, arsole. blood red dragon on a field of green, you twatte.

:spock:

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2011 10:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are good steaks, and it's been a while since I had a KC strip, but these seem tenderer than normal. And med rare is significantly rarer than Mrs. FMB! normally likes, but she's wolfing it down, and says it's got got good flavor and not under-done.

The texture seems denser. It's good, but it's slightly different than you'd expect from a steak, I think.

The color in the pics is a little off - yellow kitchen plus fluorescent lighting means bad colors. The color in the last pic is close, but still looks like it's more done than the steak actually is.

aturnis 03-26-2011 10:12 PM

Hurry up FMB! I've read plenty on souse vide and it's definitely something I might like to try. I'd really like to hear about your experience with it, you being the resident food guru and all.