ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Archie F. Swin 01-03-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8258382)
MMI: 155 would like to lose another 15. Maybe get back to size 6.

" 'sup guuurl"(twinkle from toofus)

memyselfI 01-03-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8258385)
Had a thought today after talking with my workout buddies.

They are starting their weightloss goal tracking today as well, and were doing the initial weigh-in after the workout, and also made sure not to do their morning restroom visit until afterward as well, so that they would weigh as much as possible :)

How many of your reported weights above are your daily flux max, and how many are yours are the lowest? For my 244, that is easily the lightest I could weigh in at. I should have asked my buddies if they were going to make sure and put on some boots and a few extra layers of clothes as well.

I don't weigh myself (did so twice all of last year) because it's not a good motivator for me. MOF, it's a downright deal breaker. However, when I do weigh myself it's in the morning and with minimal clothing.

Not after a bender. Water retention is not your friend. :D

memyselfI 01-03-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8255662)
I lost 67 lbs on the no carb diet but tired of just eating meat after a year and fell off the wagon.

There is no magic formula other than what you already know. I didn't exercise 1 minute the last year and lost 84 lbs.

Eat low fat, low calorie, high fiber meals.
Portion control
Don't overdue and limit sweets and high calorie items like chips and pizza.
Exercise 2-3 times a week for 20 mintues each.

I came up with an orginal plan modified from the Weight Watchers point system. Or at least based on the science of their plan. Just used the principles above and created meals that worked for me.

I lost twenty pounds not changing my diet much but exercising regularly. Not the gut busting exercise that is impossible to continue for the rest of your life. Rather, concentrating on the core with stability ball, pilates, yoga, and resistance training. I threw in some cardio (walking) but it was NOT the focus of my workouts. Building strength, balance, and flexibility has been. It's also something I can easily do the rest of my life whereas some bootcamp crap is not.

I did make small changes. Like cut back on the beer and ate moderate amounts of the things I love. Not finishing your plate or going back for seconds. Surprisingly, eating on a smaller plate and with smaller forks works wonders.

I cannot recommend avoiding the scale enough. Instead, invest in a tape measure and write down your measurements. You will see improvement in this area much quicker and it's less of a motivation destroyer than working out and cutting back like crazy only to see the scale budge 2 pounds.

Predarat 01-03-2012 09:27 AM

OK the hollidays are done, time to get with it for me! Though I could use a workout/walking buddy, that would help for sure.

Fire Me Boy! 01-03-2012 10:47 AM

I'm in. Will weigh in tomorrow morning. Really, really not looking forward to it. Embarrassingly bad from where I was the first time around with this thread. Started traveling a lot for the job this past year and have gained a lot of weight. Every time I start thinking about it (basically every time I see myself in the mirror without a shirt on), I get this self-loathing thing going, then comfort eat.

It won't be easy. I have some tough dietary restrictions for reasons I don't care to go into, and I have this damn persistent allergy cough that prevents me from exercising with any vigor.

If I can get going for a couple straight weeks, I should be set for a while. It's the first part that's so hard for me.

tigers#1fan 01-03-2012 10:48 AM

Did mine 2 years ago. Christmas day 2009, 265 lbs & type 1 diabetic for last 25 years, 53 years old now & 188 lbs. CUMMON GIRLS if I can you can! Sugar free instant breakfast, no lunch, salad for supper, & worked my butt off on treadmill, bike, running stairs, weights, crunches & a soak in the hottub set at 105 every nite with my lovely wife. Who is 140 lbs! Sorry no pics!

kcmaxwell 01-03-2012 01:49 PM

I'm in. 6' and 230. Ultimate goal of 180, but that's long term.

Buck 01-03-2012 04:12 PM

Man I love the no carb diet. I'm already at 287.6, which is 7.4 pounds down from the first.

teedubya 01-03-2012 04:16 PM

there is a 30 day workout plan on http://bodyrock.tv but don't go there if you are also in the no fap 2012 thread.

Kyle DeLexus 01-03-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8259851)
there is a 30 day workout plan on http://bodyrock.tv but don't go there if you are also in the no fap 2012 thread.

I use a stretch routine from that site...Farrah be bangin.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/11/18/bodyrocker-farrah/

Psyko Tek 01-03-2012 05:00 PM

Does getting rid of a girlfriend count?

Buck 01-03-2012 09:13 PM

I had a huge breakfast today. And I mean huge.

3 Eggs, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 1/4 cup of breakfast sausage crumbles. 6 slices of bacon, 1 slice of Low-Carb Bread toasted with cream cheese spread lightly on top (It is 14g of carbs per slice, and 13 of the grams are fiber).

That comes out to about 1000-1100 calories.

For dinner I had 1 chicken thigh and 8 pieces of asparagus baked with a little bit of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.

That comes out to about 200 calories.

I also drank some fibersure today.

Last night at like 4 am I was hit with an awful shit attack and I couldn't really get anything out. It bothered me all night. I'm going to try and keep my fiber count up because yesterday all I ate was Eggs, Sausage, Cheese, and Jalapenos.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-03-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8255611)
luv weighs in at 259.

That's perfect market weight.

Fat Elvis 01-03-2012 09:27 PM

Fat Elvis is a (not so) svelt 244.

chiefsfaninwa 01-03-2012 09:44 PM

im in!!

381 pounds