ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So at least 3 more years of waiting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264594)

NJChiefsFan 10-03-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972442)
Fool's gold, as the playoff game proved.

My point is that with a QB like Geno that may not have been such a joke of a game. You don't need 4 years to turn around a franchise, especially one with a good QB. If you can get to a playoff game in year 2 with a crap QB, what can you do with a real one?

KC_Lee 10-03-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972394)
The team has some talent. If we get the RIGHT rookie QB, we could be good. We could win a playoff game right away.

Other teams have done it. We could do it.

Chin up.

This AND a competent, young and hungry coaching staff. You put a Geno Smith on this team with the current coaching staff and we would waste a great talent. I really don't see anything or anybody on Grand Pa RAC's staff that could develop a young QB.

However, you surround a young QB with a good staff and help develop and grow his skill set the sky is the limit.

splatbass 10-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8972470)
I really don't see anything or anybody on Grand Pa RAC's staff that could develop a young QB.

Jim Zorn.

MagicHef 10-03-2012 01:12 PM

Watching a young QB develop is fun whether you're winning or not. Cutler was fun, and he never even took Denver to the playoffs.

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8972323)
if we get Geno Smith, it will be within 3 years.

To get Geno the Chiefs will have to trade up and you know as well as I do the Cheaps won't do that... Why do you guys subject yourself to this pain every year?

KC_Lee 10-03-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8973612)
Jim Zorn.

Yeah cause he's done wonders with Stanzi.

suds79 10-03-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8973620)
Watching a young QB develop is fun whether you're winning or not. Cutler was fun, and he never even took Denver to the playoffs.

Yep. Never know when something crazy might happen. If I'm remembering right, Big Ben won it all in his 2nd year.

The idea of more years of waiting really doesn't bother me. I've since long been resigned to that the Chiefs are years away from being relevant until they draft a QB in the 1st round. And if anyone saw it differently, I don't know if you fully appreciate just how much this league is all about your HC & QB.

splatbass 10-03-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8973660)
Yeah cause he's done wonders with Stanzi.

Maybe Stanzi just sucks. Matt Hasselbeck and Joe Flacco did well under him.

Molitoth 10-03-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

If I'm remembering right, Big Ben won it all in his 2nd year
Yep and Dan Marino went to the SB his sophmore season as well.

TEX 10-03-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8972318)
God I hate this. Tired of waiting for this god damned team to develop. It's gonna take at least 3 more years even if we do get a good QB (best case scenario).
Plus it's gonna be even longer for us to get our new GM's "players" right? 3 more years of setting up the new GM's style, brand on the team, culture, blah blah.

Man I'm tired of waiting on this team to do something in January. I really hope Clark picks the right ****ing guy this time around.

The first questions Clark should ask the new GM should be:

1. Will you draft a first round QB?
2. Are you subject to changes if need be or gambles to make the team better?
3. Do you hate the Patriots as much as we all do?

New GM? Bet Clark keeps this one. We'll definately get a whole new coaching staff next season though.

TEX 10-03-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8973704)
Maybe Stanzi just sucks. Matt Hasselbeck and Joe Flacco did well under him.

He does. Stanzi doesn't belong on a NFL roster. He's practice squad material at best.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8973612)
Jim Zorn.

No.

Lonewolf Ed 10-03-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972394)
The team has some talent. If we get the RIGHT rookie QB, we could be good. We could win a playoff game right away.

Other teams have done it. We could do it.

Chin up.

Yes, other teams have done it, but they are not in the same group as the Chiefs. KC is in with the likes of Cleveland, the Bengals, and other sad sack wrecks.

splatbass 10-03-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8973819)
No.

Why? He has a good record before the Chiefs gave him crap QBs.

Spott 10-03-2012 02:50 PM

3 years is just a drop in the bucket. Went to my first game in 79 as a little kid and we haven't gotten a good QB since.